Fish Extender Gifts

DisDee

DIS Veteran
I'd like to hear what type of gifts are received in the FE's. Our group hasn't decided to do the exchange, so I want to be able to tell them what its all about. Thanks!

We have gotten candy, stickers, tattoos and more. On the ten day Wonder my DD and I handed out CD's with music that you hear on the cruises. It was well received.

We have gotten candy, stickers, tattoos and more. On the ten day Wonder my DD and I handed out CD's with music that you hear on the cruises. It was well received.

And we still have our CD Sandy!!!!:hug:

I'd like to hear what type of gifts are received in the FE's. Our group hasn't decided to do the exchange, so I want to be able to tell them what its all about. Thanks!

Here's a few pictures of the loot we got on our cruise last year. :thumbsup2

showpost.php

You can do trinkets from your state (such as magnets) or a "sea-oriented" gooody from someplace like Oriental Trading. We got fish keychains and dolphin safes from OT - really cute and inexpensive. You can always do a Tootsie roll pop as well!

No one cares so much about the gift as they care about the fun of giving and coming back to their room to find something/anything in their Fish Extender!

I found little treasure chests at Target and filled them with gold wrapped candies and pirate tattoos- we handed them out on Pirate night. It was fun. We received goody bags with disney stickers, candy, pencils, etc. and we got lots of magnets! My kids loved it!

On our cruise we are bringing something that would represent where we are from. Since we are from all over the world, we thought that would be fun. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone brings!

On our cruise we are bringing something that would represent where we are from. Since we are from all over the world, we thought that would be fun. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone brings!

This sounds fun, but honestly, I can't think of much I could bring! The only thing my town is know for is chicken dinners, and I can't bring fried chicken with hot rice on the ship!:confused3 I could bring Buckeyes, but the real thing probably wouldn't pass customs, and the choc/peanut butter ones would never make it past my family!:laughing:

I'm bringing a tin w/candy for each room on my list. I put a tag on it that reads " have a sweet cruise" Also I have pirate goody bags Kinda stuff you would find at a kids party.

WOW! What nice gifts! That was a great idea to take the pictures! This sounds like a fun thing to do.

Being from Tennessee, I brought a little tiny bottle of Jack Daniels (made in Lynchburg) for the adults and Goo Goo Clusters (made in Nashville) for the kids.

Here's a few pictures of the loot we got on our cruise last year. :thumbsup2

showpost.php

Looks like you need a whole other suitcase just to bring all that loot home! I am as concerned about not overpacking with all the stuff to take too...DH will not be happy if I pack a whole bag of just trinkets to give away!:scared::rotfl:

This sounds like fun, I would like some more info about this. Could someone please explain how to sign up and what exactly is expected?

Thanks for posting the pictures of your loot! Lots of good ideas. I'm a little concerned about hanging a fish hanger and having it or the contents taken. This doesn't appear to have been a problem on your cruise, though.

How do you do this? Do you sign up in advance, or do people just bring stuff and then go out looking for the extenders? I haven't been on DCL since 2004, and I don't remember seeing any of these then.

Do you put a note or your name on the fish gifts so people know who got you something? This will be our first cruise doing fish gifts. In fact, we just ordered a fish extender from someone (who I think is a DISser) from eBay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter