First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise 5/10/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 3 days for this thread. So it will be going until next May, how long do you think it will be by then/

Kim

Um, please tell me you guys will NOT let Bob pack that bikini that he's wearing in the picture that is floating around here somewhere....Lots of mo-gee-toes will be needed to wash that vision away...LOTS of them.

Nope...Bawb will be napping on kaht kam due to being incapacitated from the brain freeze he got while drinking too many dole whip mo-gee-toes. :sick:

Hey, I have an idea. :idea: Maybe we could each bring something representing our home state/country to decorate kaht kam. You know, like a small decal or something.

Oh man, I'm sooo wanting to go on this cruise, but we already have plans to go to Italy with friends in June. I so hope that this becomes a yearly event,so I can make sure it works in the future.

Just paid the deposit for DBf and myself. Yay!

Now, I have never had a passport before. They expire every year, correct? So I should wait until May-ish to apply for one? Thanks in advance. :)

Now, I have never had a passport before. They expire every year, correct? So I should wait until May-ish to apply for one? Thanks in advance. :)

No, passports are good for several years, not just one.

If you're 16 or older when you get one, it's good for 10 years. If you get one when you're 15 or younger, it's good for 5.

Get one now so you can plan more trips!! When we first started cruising in 2002 passports weren't required, even to fly home. I insisted to DH that we needed them to "be safer". What he didn't know is that I wanted to go to France some day and when I finally would convince him, he would say "we don't have passports, we can't go". Guess what? I went to France last summer :rotfl: No excuses from him!!

Thank you both for the advice! I had no idea they lasted so long. lol!

DBf went on a Europe trip with his family in 2003 so his passport may still be good then. I'll have to look more into that.

I can't believe we have our 2009 trip planned already! So exciting! :)

I should know this already but........does a member of the military need a passport for a cruise? I know you don't need one to go over seas and I would assume a cruise would not require one either. Maybe someone from Dreams Unlimited can help me out on this one. Me and DW (cocowum on the boards, her pic is in my signature, isn't she pretty!) are discussing attending the cruise in May. Thanks in advance. :cool1:

I should know this already but........does a member of the military need a passport for a cruise? I know you don't need one to go over seas and I would assume a cruise would not require one either. Maybe someone from Dreams Unlimited can help me out on this one. Me and DW (cocowum on the boards, her pic is in my signature, isn't she pretty!) are discussing attending the cruise in May. Thanks in advance. :cool1:

I can check this out for you today.

The only way you would be exempt from the passport requirements is if you were on military business. Here is a quote from the Department of the State's website:

Other Accepted Travel Documents: SENTRI, NEXUS, FAST and the U.S. Coast Guard Mariner Document. Members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty traveling on orders are exempt from the passport requirement. DHS has more information on these travel documents. This information may be seen at www.dhs.gov.

Me and DW (cocowum on the boards, her pic is in my signature, isn't she pretty!) are discussing attending the cruise in May. Thanks in advance. :cool1:

Go for it LP11B !!!

Depending on what cat. of cabin you book, you have between 90-75 days prior to the cruise to cancel with no penalty if something happens and you can't go. Better to save the space now if you can. Also, sometimes DCL offers really great military rates you might qualify for closer to the cruise date.

I will be looking for some dining companions. Anyone who is willing to share a table with a nice lady who turns 50 this year? At least I think I'm nice. I KNOW I'll be 50. I love Disney, Star Trek, Women's Murder Club, MASH, Charmed, just to give you an idea of my very eclectic tastes. I plan on doing brunch at Palo and one dinner at Palo. And anyone who wants to join me in a Dolphin Encounter will be welcome. I love dolphins too.

We have a LITTLE time to plan.

Thanks,
Kim

if i go, i'd love to sit with you...
and i think i might go on this cruise with my sister (rather than DH), so that will be perfect - 3 nice ladies...now we just have to find some more..

but i'm not sure yet if i'm going or not...

if i do, i'd love to link up...

and i think i might go on this cruise with my sister (rather than DH), so that will be perfect - 3 nice ladies...now we just have to find some more..

That would be great. If you saw my other thread here you can tell I can't wait for the cruise.

Hope you'll be coming.

Kim

I asked my step mother if she wanted to go and she said yes. She isn't into Disney, but she is into cruising I'm sure she will have a good time After all when the people around you are having a good time, it is infectious. We will need dining companions to fill our table with PodSquaders.

Kim

If she does get sick of all your questions, she can just throw you overboard on the ship :lmao: :lmao: Or make you sit with BAWB for dinner :scared1: :goodvibes

Yes, a headcount is being kept. We are limited to the number of staterooms on the ship minus the number of staterooms reserved by other non-Podcast cruisers :woohoo: :woohoo: The more the merrier!!! As for the number of staterooms in the reserved block, that is classified information :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh, don't tempt me. I think DH would love sitting with Bob. If I remember correctly, Bob managed a grocery store previously. That is what my DH does for a living. I wondered if you were the Tracy stuck with me. :)

This is interesting to hear! I am actually thinking of telling my Mom about the cruise & having her come along---with her own room of course! :) I'm sure she would love to join the three of you for a meal or two, as well. :) :)

Oh, don't tempt me. I think DH would love sitting with Bob. If I remember correctly, Bob managed a grocery store previously. That is what my DH does for a living. I wondered if you were the Tracy stuck with me. :)

::yes:: I'm the only Tracy at DU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter