First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise 5/10/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - another cruise question...
Since we are a "group", will our dining be linked together or do we need to request that specifically?

You won't be automatically linked together for dining. Anyone who wants to link together should let me know.

I will be looking for some dining companions. Anyone who is willing to share a table with a nice lady who turns 50 this year? At least I think I'm nice. I KNOW I'll be 50. I love Disney, Star Trek, Women's Murder Club, MASH, Charmed, just to give you an idea of my very eclectic tastes. I plan on doing brunch at Palo and one dinner at Palo. And anyone who wants to join me in a Dolphin Encounter will be welcome. I love dolphins too.

We have a LITTLE time to plan.

Thanks,
Kim

I am going on the cruise :banana: :banana: :banana: Paid the deposit last night. It will be my 1st cruise ever so I am scouring the internet reading up on cruises and what goes on. I am so looking forward to this. I am traveling solo so any other solos want to hook up to mingle and the like - let me know

Kathy W from KY :yay: :yay:

I will totally be there, i hav been dying to go on a disney cruise. this is the perfect excuse for me to take the leap.

all i need it my deposit, do you think there will still be room in a couple of weeks it will take me that long to get 4 person depsit

marian

After speaking with Dreams Unlimited, getting my cash quote for the Podcast Cruise, I was informed that not only to get the discounts for the cruise, ONLY PARTICIPANTS WHO PAID IN CASH COULD PARTICIPATE IN THE PODCAST EVENTS! Now, I can understand having to use cash for the room discounts, but no where on this site, or Podcasts site does it say only cash cruiseres can participate in the Podcast events. I find this highly discriminatory against DVC member who wish to use points for the cruise. Hopefully, a mod or Podcast member can clarify these terms. I will also be emailing the Podcast team with this same info, whom I spoke with at Dreams Unlimited, and her supervisor that she checked with. A disclosure should be made on the Podcast shows.

After speaking with Dreams Unlimited, getting my cash quote for the Podcast Cruise, I was informed that not only to get the discounts for the cruise, ONLY PARTICIPANTS WHO PAID IN CASH COULD PARTICIPATE IN THE PODCAST EVENTS! Now, I can understand having to use cash for the room discounts, but no where on this site, or Podcasts site does it say only cash cruiseres can participate in the Podcast events. I find this highly discriminatory against DVC member who wish to use points for the cruise. Hopefully, a mod or Podcast member can clarify these terms. I will also be emailing the Podcast team with this same info, whom I spoke with at Dreams Unlimited, and her supervisor that she checked with. A disclosure should be made on the Podcast shows.

Even though it is considered a Pod Cast cruise, it is basically being sponsored by Dreams Unlimited. We don't have all the details yet, but it sounds like there will be some exclusive events for us to attend (which I'm sure Dreams Unlimited would be paying for). Why would you expect them to pay your way when they didn't earn any commission off your booking? This is not being sponsored by Disney or DVC. And, I believe it has been mentioned that the ability to participate in these events is if the cruise is booked thru DU.

I'll be putting down our deposit today!!! DH REALLY wants to go to Hawaii in 2009, but I want to get this booked now...then I'll do some convincing to DH so we can do both....I don't want to deprive Merrick of an annual Disney trip! (How long can I use the baby for an excuse?;) )

I will be looking for some dining companions. Anyone who is willing to share a table with a nice lady who turns 50 this year? At least I think I'm nice. I KNOW I'll be 50. I love Disney, Star Trek, Women's Murder Club, MASH, Charmed, just to give you an idea of my very eclectic tastes. I plan on doing brunch at Palo and one dinner at Palo. And anyone who wants to join me in a Dolphin Encounter will be welcome. I love dolphins too.

We have a LITTLE time to plan.

Thanks,
Kim

Kim, If I can scrape together the deposit, I'm soo there with you. I will be doing this cruise by myself and am very excited. Not only will it be my first Disney cruise...it will be my first cruise ever.

I got completely hooked on the DisUnplugged this Spring - Bawb For President!

TTYL,
Alisa

I'll be putting down our deposit today!!! DH REALLY wants to go to Hawaii in 2009, but I want to get this booked now...then I'll do some convincing to DH so we can do both....I don't want to deprive Merrick of an annual Disney trip! (How long can I use the baby for an excuse?;) )

You missed the Podcast meet in December, you can't miss the cruise too! Merrick is a Pod Squad baby! You can't deprive me of not getting to see him once a year! I missed 2007 already :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okay Tracy -- Just called DCL and got my family's Castaway Club #'s and got the green light from dear hubby...now I just need to whip out the 'ol Disney Visa and I'll be good to go! I think the "6 mos no interest" the card provides will really come in handy this close to Christmas.

I'm still a bit concerned about pulling the kids out of high school for a week...but maybe if we disclose it upfront their teachers will allow some work to be made up either before or after the cruise. :thumbsup2

Okay, one question before I sell my first-born to try and make this happen...

Is Will coming?????:lovestruc :love: :hug:

I just put in for my quote and I'm sooooo excited!!!!:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

Now I need to start selling more stuff on ebay so I can pay for the cruise. Oh wait a minute, I need to sell more stuff so I can pay off my trip to WDW last month before I pay for a cruise. :lmao: :lmao: (Wish me luck!!!! :thumbsup2)

Okay Tracy -- Just called DCL and got my family's Castaway Club #'s and got the green light from dear hubby...now I just need to whip out the 'ol Disney Visa and I'll be good to go! I think the "6 mos no interest" the card provides will really come in handy this close to Christmas.

I'm still a bit concerned about pulling the kids out of high school for a week...but maybe if we disclose it upfront their teachers will allow some work to be made up either before or after the cruise. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Maybe BAWB could hold a tutor session for all of the kiddies missing school? :teacher: :teacher: He could teach them a foreign language :lmao:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Maybe BAWB could hold a tutor session for all of the kiddies missing school? :teacher: :teacher: He could teach them a foreign language :lmao:

Okay...you've definitely convinced me now. It's time my kids got to experience the finer things in life!!!

(Tracy -- I actually laughed outloud when I read your post!)

I put the deposit down on the cruise today while DH was sleeping, figuring I would tell him about it when, ohhh, the credit card bill came. (I know, that is bad!) But, I left my evidence behind....the Disney visa on the computer keyboard!!! When he woke up and checked his email, I was busted!!!! "What did you buy on the computer today??" I am not nearly as sneaky as I thought! Well, he's not disappointed, but he still wants to do Hawaii. :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter