First Disney Trip...Ready To Go Again.

Sat Oct 25 - Departure Date (one last breakfast)

It was pretty hard to get up today after our late night (kids in bed after 11pm and DH and I in bed after midnight trying to do some pre-packing and organizing). However, we had an 8:30am ADR at Chef Mickeys so had to get up and go.

We all felt pretty sad as this has been such a fantastic trip, but everything must come to an end. But we had one last Disney meal to enjoy.

I had heard mixed reviews of Chef Mickeys so wasn't really sure what to expect, but I often find reviews harsh. We arrived about 10 minutes early and they took us for our CM photo (which didn't turn out great in the end). We then were told to wait on the sofas for them to call us, but I think maybe it was only 2-3 minutes before we were seated.

The waiter came up and explained how it worked (that the characters enter 'at that end' so we should be near our seats when we see them). No characters were in sight yet so we went up to the buffet. Some of the complaints were that it was dirty. Maybe because we were there early, but I certainly didn't notice this (and I'm a clean freak) and really enjoyed the selection. There was something for everyone. I particularly loved the blintz (yummy!) and the egg quiche, which I typically don't get. And of course the muffins and pastries were good. Great variety of hot items too and simple cereals, etc.

It wasn't long before we saw the characters come up. First Goofy, then Mickey, then Minnie, Pluto and last Donald. I was pleasantly surprised to see DS into it, getting up for a hug and picture each time as he'd been so anti-characters until now. And of course, DD diligently got her autograph book ready for each one as she saw them nearing and ready for a hug and picture. These moments are so precious.

We really enjoyed Chef Mickeys and it seemed like a "Disney" experience. Another one of the complaints is that it noisy...but duh, you're gonna get that at a large restaurant with kids. The noise totally didn't bother us, nor would I have noticed but I was watching for it. We'd totally come back.

After breakfast we had a bit of time so we checked out the gift shop and DS went to the arcade. The Contemporary resort is a bit sentimental for me since I came here with my own parents when I was just 6 years old. I remembered too playing in the arcade (which was over the top for the times)...but of course, everything would have changed since then.

Then...it was time to return to our hotel...and pack up our things. :sad:

We packed up the car to drive to the airport. Poor DS as he has a sensitive stomach and he got pretty car sick on the drive back. And...unfortunately he threw up JUST as we pulled into the airport to return the rental car. :crazy2: We tried to clean out the car as best as we could as we felt bad leaving it like that. And on the good side, we still had our luggage so he could change in the washroom (and after that, he left like new again).

The rest of the trip wasn't that interesting as it was the plane ride back...not quite as exciting as the plane ride there. But we certainly have amazing memories as this truly was the best trip ever. I really had high expectations with all the planning and excitement of what Disney had to offer and what was on our agenda, and I was not one bit disappointed.

We've been back for 4 weeks now and I'm itching to go back so I get this addiction. I have put together a great photo book which was a fun project. I hope...and think that we will someday. Before our trip it was assumed that this was our only trip to Disney, but now we'll talk as if 'when we go back'. If / when we return, we wouldn't do things as extravagant as we did this time and leave a lot of things out (e.g. BBB, Dining Plan, Memory Maker, etc.) and figure out how to get a cheaper flight. So for now....I can only dream of that trip and stay connected through DIS site.

PS - Although the trip report is officially over, I'll still post my thoughts on a few items such as FP, our resort, weather, memory maker, crowds, and other miscellaneous thoughts

Sat Oct 25 - Departure Date (one last breakfast)

After breakfast we had a bit of time so we checked out the gift shop and DS went to the arcade. The Contemporary resort is a bit sentimental for me since I came here with my own parents when I was just 6 years old. I remembered too playing in the arcade (which was over the top for the times)...but of course, everything would have changed since then.

Oh, how special is that...seeing your kids do what you did when you were a kid at Disney!

I know that "last day" feelings you get at Disney...I have never felt that way in any other places I have traveled. They are pretty good at getting people addicted, aren't they??

I would love to hear what you thought about dining plan. I liked "already paid for" aspect of it, but not sure if it was a huge savings for us.

Sure MomoMama...so first comment will be about

Disney Dining Plan

We opted to get the middle DDP for a few reasons
  1. We wanted the flexibility to be able to order without having to worry about 'this costs too much'
  2. We did a lot of buffets and character meals so this helped make it worth it (and not think twice about selecting them)
  3. We knew we wanted one sit down meal a day (i.e. Table Service)

The lowest dining plan on 3 QS didn't make sense because of #3 and the Deluxe Dining Plan was way too much food.

We ended up paying for 2 meals OOP since one of our TS was Cinderella Table (i.e. 2 credits) and we actually had one sit down per day (including arrival and departure), but this was ok as we got to the restaurants that we wanted to try. We also had to pay for a couple QS OOP since it only covered one meal per day.

Prior to leaving I used one of those cost calculators and it indicated that we'd save $122.92...so close to a wash. A lot of the restaurants were fixed price (Ohana, CRT, Hollywood & Vine, Boma, Chef Mickeys, Akershus) so the calculation for these would have been accurate, but for the QS and remaining TS (i.e. BOG), it was an estimate. Also, for me I tend to order water to drink and we would only get dessert at dinner. So the Dining cost is more than is needed. And of course by the end we were running around purchasing things to take home to use up 9 snack credits. (Actually DH and I shared one of the rice crispy squares tonight...yum).

So was it worth it? hard to say :scratchin
Would we get it next time? :( (not unless free dining)
Were we sorry we got it? Not at all, and it was nice just having our bands scanned to "pay" for the meal

We upgrade our dining plan too, and for those exact same reasons!! And you know ...what I thought after the trip are exactly the same too!
Just like you, I am not sorry I got it but it is hard to say if it was worth it. We are not soda drinkers and refill mugs did not mean much to us. We would have had hard time using those snack credits if we did not go to Food and Wine festival. And even though I love sweets, I did not need a dessert for each meal. Free dining plan was great, but I think I will not wait for free dining plan to book a trip.
Now that the trip is over, maybe I can use the calculator to see if I really saved money. But I don't want to find out if I did not...:rotfl:

We upgrade our dining plan too, and for those exact same reasons!! And you know ...what I thought after the trip are exactly the same too!
Just like you, I am not sorry I got it but it is hard to say if it was worth it. We are not soda drinkers and refill mugs did not mean much to us. We would have had hard time using those snack credits if we did not go to Food and Wine festival. And even though I love sweets, I did not need a dessert for each meal. Free dining plan was great, but I think I will not wait for free dining plan to book a trip.
Now that the trip is over, maybe I can use the calculator to see if I really saved money. But I don't want to find out if I did not...:rotfl:

Oh nice...so you were in the free dining period? Our trip was actually one of the blackout weeks in October so we didn't even get that...but still decided to do the middle DDP.

Our Resort - Art of Animation

We stayed in a Cars suite at Art of Animation. (Originally we requested a Lion King suite but a deal came up a few months before our trip and so we had to switch buildings to get the discount). I read over my report again and realized that I've already commented about the resort, so I won't write it again. However, all I'll say is that I LOVED LOVED LOVED this resort and in summary:
  • So Cute!
  • Amazing Theming, both on the grounds and in the rooms
  • Great pools (one in our Cars section plus bigger Nemo one we used)
  • Clean clean clean!
  • Good arcade as DS could have stayed there for hours
  • Rooms very spacious with two full washrooms (awesome for kids getting ready in the morning in parallel with us getting ready - didn't have to wait for showers)
  • The suite had 2, well almost 3 rooms, which was great for kids who went to bed earlier....and DH to watch tv in main area after I went to bed
  • Tons of parking available
  • Landscape of Flavors, the QS, was fine and worked well for a quick breakfast
  • Excellent value - not super pricey like other resorts but we loved it here

We were lucky too in that we were in Cars Building 1 - which was a short walk to the main building for check in and QS.

DH's only complaint is that there was not a TS restaurant at the resort. However, even if there was one I couldn't see us using it. AoA is not "attached" to a park via monorail like Contemporary or Polynesian. And since we'd just grab a quick breakfast and then head to a park, we wouldn't have had TS dinner there anyways.

If (or when) we return again, I can totally see us staying here

Weather

One of the reasons we selected to travel in October is because of the predicted weather; not super hot and less chance of rain. I started tracking weather in September (DH thought I was nuts as it was super early). And this year, it seemed like they were getting rain, rain and more rain...it was the worst September in a long time. And so this was making me nervous. Even as the weeks creeped closer to October 19th, it was still showing many rainy days. Yikes.

I made sure we would be prepared...bought some portable ponchos to take with us, and also packed the extra ziplock bags and socks, just in case. :umbrella:

But really...someone was on our side, and we did not have one drop of rain our entire week. :worship: Weather was just perfect...high 20s (which I think translates to low 80s). Our last Epcot day I was a bit chilled in shorts and t-shirt but that was only slightly and when not in the sun (but I'm always cold unless its a heat wave so that says nothing). I hear that a week later it suddenly turned quite cool. So I'll say it was a perfect week and someone was watching out of us. :cool2:

Memory Maker

Before our trip I went back and forth about Memory Maker 'To buy or not to buy?". My reasons for not purchasing
  • It's expensive at $149 (which is $170 CDN)
  • What if it rains? I heard that many photographers aren't out - plus, I can't see any that were taken coming out very well
  • I could see DS especially, making a fuss of "another picture"
  • I didn't want to feel obsessed of feeling like we had to stop at every photographer to get our money's worth

But in the end, we decided to purchase it as I didn't want to be sorry. (And only the first bullet above was true in the end). Also, it meant we didn't have to rely on our camera. Our good one was too big to lug around and this way, we'd have our phone cameras for those additional photos (DH's phone is pretty good quality).

So was it worth it? Oh my gosh yes, and I'm soooo glad we got it. We ended up with about 270 photos! (Ok, so we could have still purchased it after the fact for an additional $50 US...which we would have ended up doing).

I think in particular it was worth it as it captured amazing pictures such as:
  • Standard Main Street and other angles with Castle in background
  • Standard Epcot entrance (ball, flowers in background)
  • Standard Hollywood Studio entrance
  • Photos on the rides (Splash Mountain, 7DMT, Buzz, Test Track)
  • Photos in front of the rides (BTMR, Little Mermaid, Pirates of Caribbean)
  • BBB (got many there including during and photo shoot afterwards)
  • Great magic shots all over
  • With characters (Anna & Elsa, Beast at BOG, Belle at ETWB & Akershus, Cinderella at CRT, Gaston, Tiana, Mickey and friends at Epcot character greet, Sophia)
  • Jedi Training
  • Pictures of us dressed up at MNSSHP
  • Other various ones at the parks

But we still needed our own camera to capture pictures at our resort and inside the characters meals (i.e. CRT, Akershus and Chef Mickeys).

We probably wouldn't purchase it next time since we've already captured most things and we wouldn't do as many character greets and a lot of the scenery ones we'd have already, but I definitely recommend it to anyone coming to Disney the first time with kids. :thumbsup2 I actually created a lovely photo book from the pictures just for Disney that we will always have and cherish.

PS - We just got our photo book back and one comment about the MM photos is that they are so much clearer than our own pictures. You definitely see a difference in the quality.

Crowds

One of the key factors for selecting the third week in October was the predicted lower crowds (that and the weather). The 'your first visit' website marked it with 3 bars (out of 11). Our trip was booked back in February. As the time got closer, I was learning of Fall Breaks that some places had in October. A lot of States seemed to have them the first and second week, but some did fall into the third week. Duh...didn't know that.

So was it crowded? Well, since it was our first trip I really have nothing to which to compare it. But the only day we had long waits was on our MK day on the Monday. But I knew to expect this since (1) it was a Monday (2) it was one of the only two days that week that the park did not close early due to MNSSHP (and had the Electrical Parade)....so we specifically selected the Monday for the very reason it was busy. At least we had our 3 FP and either we skipped rides with long lines or came back another time.

Our Hollywood Studios day was pretty good. We had a TSMM FP so we didn't need to worry about this one. DS has Star Tours FP and then even rode it one or two other times on stand by no issue. DD and I did a lot of shows so we basically just had to wait until the next show.

Epcot evening was amazing. We had a Test Track FP and everything else was just walk on (Of course Soarin stand by was long but we only rode it with FP on our Friday visit)

Even MK on the Thursday was ok (park closed early that night). Some line ups for the more popular rides and the afternoon parade was busy, but we did walk on to Barnstormer and Dumbo around 3:30ish and I've heard these can get busy. And other mid popular rides like Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Haunted Mansion were maybe a 30 minute wait. So not bad compared to the Monday.

We went to MNSSHP on the Friday night before Halloween...so we knew it would be busy. But there were quite a few mid-week nights that also got sold out. SO really made no difference the fact that it was a Friday. And again, it's hard to say how busy it was. We did rides initially on stand by and these were great...not long at all. Maybe 20 minutes for BTMR and Haunted Mansion. The parade and fireworks were busy but we just got our spot so it didn't matter after that. It didn't feel ridiculous or anything.

So really...although October crowds are apparently now busier than they used to be, it still was quite good and very manageable. If we were to go again, we probably would skip MK on a Monday (but would like a day when it wasn't closing early). It still is a nice time to go.

I agree with you about MM. I decided to do it on one of our trip last year (was photopass plus then) and I'm so glad I did! I was tired of not being in the pictures lol, and since we go rather often I felt like I was taking pictures of the same things each time. It gave us some nice, different shots including the magic shots:thumbsup2 But I also agree it isn't something I'd do every time; haven't done it our last 2 trips and if we do ever purchase it again, it won't be for a few years.

Oct. and Nov. are my favorite months to go to WDW! I don't know exactly why; probably a combination of things. Fall is my favorite season, although Florida Fall is much different than NY Fall :). Still, we've had the best weather on our Oct./Nov. trips. I LOVE the Halloween décor and MNSSHP, and on our 2 Nov. trips the Xmas décor was up which I also love. Crowds were always a plus that time of year for us too; however, the last time we went in Oct. was 2011 and, as you said, it seems Oct. crowds aren't as low as they used to be.

I want to say one other thing. I saw your thread asking "how long between trips" - I kept forgetting to comment on it. But, before your trip, you wrote in several of your posts how this was going to be your "once in a lifetime" trip. I kept saying to myself "I don't think so. They're going to love it and want to go back!"
I was right :rotfl:

I agree with you about MM. I decided to do it on one of our trip last year (was photopass plus then) and I'm so glad I did! I was tired of not being in the pictures lol, and since we go rather often I felt like I was taking pictures of the same things each time. It gave us some nice, different shots including the magic shots:thumbsup2 But I also agree it isn't something I'd do every time; haven't done it our last 2 trips and if we do ever purchase it again, it won't be for a few years.

Oct. and Nov. are my favorite months to go to WDW! I don't know exactly why; probably a combination of things. Fall is my favorite season, although Florida Fall is much different than NY Fall :). Still, we've had the best weather on our Oct./Nov. trips. I LOVE the Halloween décor and MNSSHP, and on our 2 Nov. trips the Xmas décor was up which I also love. Crowds were always a plus that time of year for us too; however, the last time we went in Oct. was 2011 and, as you said, it seems Oct. crowds aren't as low as they used to be.

I want to say one other thing. I saw your thread asking "how long between trips" - I kept forgetting to comment on it. But, before your trip, you wrote in several of your posts how this was going to be your "once in a lifetime" trip. I kept saying to myself "I don't think so. They're going to love it and want to go back!"
I was right :rotfl:

Yes...so true about photos. Nice to get ones of the whole family including yourself.

I agree...Oct is a great time to go and some cool decorations at MNSHP.
Have you gone any other months outside of Oct and Nov? I'm wondering how earlier months are (Jan - May)

Ha ha...so true.:lmao: Going into this trip I really thought this would be our one and only Disney time. (Even poor DS actually cried on the sofa upon our return because we had spoken like it was our only time). Our thought wasn't because we thought we wouldn't enjoy but because of cost and just other things to do (mostly from DH). But we so loved it (even DH that can't stand crowds) and I certianly have the Disney bug. I could return tomorrow. My kids too are itching to go back and are still watching You Tube videos of the rides to re-live them. But I'm glad that it was planning thinking that it was our only trip since we did didn't hold back and did MNSSHP, BBB, DDP (and thus many character meals), etc.

Well, I hope you do get to go back sooner rather than later. Our first trip (as a family-I'd been quite a few times as a child and with DH before he was my DH :) ) was Oct. of 2006. A few days after we returned home, DH planned our next trip - for Jan. of 2007 lol!!! That was followed by Nov. 2007 and here we are now......our first 2 trips we used our timeshare and stayed off-site, plus youngest DS was under 3 so of course that cut the cost down. We've also rented points at deluxe resorts which gets us great accommodations at lesser prices, and similar to you we've gone all out and then done the opposite on other trips. And because there's SO much to do there, we find it fairly easy to make each trip different enough that our boys stay interested (for the most part - its getting a little harder to keep DS12 interested unfortunately).

So besides Oct/Nov. we've been in Jan., Feb. May, and August. May was really nice. We went from around the 10th-17th I believe. It was warm - very high 80's - but NO humidity until our very last day. The flower and garden festival was going on which is beautiful and crowds were great.

Jan. was cold, no crowds, but weather can be hit or miss as can Feb. You also have to watch Presidents Week as far as crowds go, we went for 10 days including Pres. day so we had enough time before hand to enjoy low crowds. Again, COLD lol! Down to 30's at night and only high 50's during the day until our last 2 days when it was in the 70's, but people have reported other years that Feb. can be in the 80's.

August was.................HOT. Like when you think about what it would feel like to melt hot lol. However, it was the last week right before Labor Day, very low crowds, and actually not as horrifically hot as I thought (and I despise sweating). I'd do it again I suppose but I'm not in a rush to do so! That was this year and they started MNSSHP on Labor Day so we got to go. This was our 4th time but the other 3 were in Oct. It was very strange celebrating Halloween with my makeup sliding down my face from sweat! And kind of hard to get in the mood so far ahead of time but I still had a ball. Looking ahead we're hoping to go in Oct. 2015 to do MNSSHP closer to Halloween :goodvibes

Thanks ariane37. We'll see...maybe later in 2015 I'll start talking to DH about possibly 2016 (leaving more than 6 months for booking and planning). ;) Although he wants to go back, he's thinking much later than me.

That's awesome you've been able to go so many times. Wow...and Oct one year, Jan the next...and then Nov. Not bad! I can totally see how each trip you'd still get something different and new out of it. I suppose too, just the different ages of the kids makes a difference as they can go on more and see things differently as they get older.

Ok...so Jan and Feb would be a big chance in the weather. Yikes...30 degrees is like here now (but we get snowy freezing winters). Mind you, we wouldn't have to worry about sun screen and could just bundle up. I do like the low crowds. It's the rain that's the biggest ruin of weather. If we were to book then, I'd look up and make sure there were no holidays. Funny how President's Day turns into to President's Week. I think this year I'll track the weather those months just for fun (Gives me Disney research to do to keep me Disney engaged ;) ).

And I think August is out then. I love the heat but DH is the opposite. Being from Canada, the last week before labor day (like when you went) would work perfect as I always take that week off with the kids before starting school again. But I think way too hot for DH.

So perhaps Mar, Apr or May...or even Oct again. (Just trying to avoid short hours at MK as I'm not sure we'd do MNSSHP again).

Have an awesome trip in October. Bet you're counting down. Btw...we had perfect weather when we went this year.

PS - On a different note, my little toe is still bugging me and would you believe still no luck with shoes. I live in those Go Walks. But now at least I'm not pressured to find something. (Mind you, I'd rather be pressured - meaning we had an upcoming trip)

Cast Members (aka CMs)

There have been some threads on DIS complaining about the CM and how they have gone "downhill". Now I have nothing to compare it to, but we honestly had no complaints and thought they were great. When wandering the parks and I had a question, I'd find one (and someone was always near by), and they were cheery and happy to help...even if it was a silly question from a first timer.

Another example...when we signed into our resort, only DS' magic band opened our room door so we had to return to the front desk to get the rest of ours set up correctly. The CM not only fixed it (ok, this would be to expected), but she personally walked us back to our room to ensure they were working.

We only had one rude case by a photo pass photographer (are they considered CMs?). And I'll stress, only once as everyone else was fantastic and happy to take our picture. In this case it was the special Halloween magic shot in front of the Haunted Mansion. The guy was that controlling the line up was quite abrupt and rude. I guess we stood a touch over the waiting line and he yelled at us to get back. Then when it was our turn, he quickly told us to 'stand there' and then 'next'. Needless to say, this picture didn't turn out great as half of DS face was blocked by DD (and for anyone that read my trip report, this was one that I personally really wanted). But again, this was the only instance of any CM that was anything but great.

The magic band key issue happened to us at AoA too! I just find it so funny that our trips have so many similarities! :rotfl:
Our room was all the way back in the Little Mermaid, so rather than walking back to the front desk, I called them and dealt the issue over the phone. I wonder if anyone would have walked to our room with us if had went to the front desk...it is quite a walk to Little Mermaid section.

I agree, CMs were fantastic! I could think of 1 or 2 CMs that could have been better, but they are people too. Maybe they were tired or new at their jobs. Overall they are great and I miss the services I got at Disney... The other day I was at a grocery store looking for a specific item, and no one asked me if I needed help, or I could not find anyone to ask. I knew I was back in realty!:lmao:

The magic band key issue happened to us at AoA too! I just find it so funny that our trips have so many similarities! :rotfl:
Our room was all the way back in the Little Mermaid, so rather than walking back to the front desk, I called them and dealt the issue over the phone. I wonder if anyone would have walked to our room with us if had went to the front desk...it is quite a walk to Little Mermaid section.

I agree, CMs were fantastic! I could think of 1 or 2 CMs that could have been better, but they are people too. Maybe they were tired or new at their jobs. Overall they are great and I miss the services I got at Disney... The other day I was at a grocery store looking for a specific item, and no one asked me if I needed help, or I could not find anyone to ask. I knew I was back in realty!:lmao:

How was the Little Mermaid rooms? Bet they are so magical for a little girl. If our DS wasn't with us, then we would have selected that room too (but no way we'd go that to him)
Ha ha...funny how you get spoiled with the helpful service at Disney.

The Little Mermaid room was adorable...little girl's dream come true room! DH was not comfortable with Ariel shower curtain though. :lmao:
Standard room was good enough for us family of 3, one thing we did not like was the long walk to the main building. Normally we do not mind walking, but after a long day at the park, I would rather avoid the extra walk.
We liked the resort is new and nothing is worn out. The fridge seems to be new too, and it was powerful...it froze our veggies and fruits!

The Little Mermaid room was adorable...little girl's dream come true room! DH was not comfortable with Ariel shower curtain though. :lmao:
Standard room was good enough for us family of 3, one thing we did not like was the long walk to the main building. Normally we do not mind walking, but after a long day at the park, I would rather avoid the extra walk.
We liked the resort is new and nothing is worn out. The fridge seems to be new too, and it was powerful...it froze our veggies and fruits!

Ha ha...poor dh. Bet your DD was so happy though.
Ah yes...I heard that the LM rooms are far from Animation Hall (and I'll say that we didn't venture out of the Cars or Nemo area...although I would have liked to have checked out the Lion King and LM area).
I totally agree about the resort being new...and maybe that's why everything seemed so spotless. Too funny about the fridge working a little too well. ;)

Thanks ariane37.

PS - On a different note, my little toe is still bugging me and would you believe still no luck with shoes. I live in those Go Walks. But now at least I'm not pressured to find something. (Mind you, I'd rather be pressured - meaning we had an upcoming trip)

Ugh, can't believe your toe is still bothering you:sad2: I hope some Dr. figures something out soon! I'm glad the Go Walks works so well for you though. I slip mine on every once in awhile around the house and that walking on air feeling comes right back lol. And I'm sure I'll take them when DH and I go on our quick anniversary trip to the world in March :love:

Glad you enjoyed AOA, too! We stayed there for 3 nights at the end of our trip this past Feb. It was for me - we stayed in a LM room. I have 2 DS's and 2 stepsons. They've all learned that sometimes, mom needs her girly stuff lol!princess: So my 2 DS's weren't thrilled but they toughed it out. The resort theming was wonderful; we loved the food court and the bus service was one of the best we've encountered. I also loved the LM room itself and it was fine space-wise for the 4 of us, given we didn't spend much time there. However, it WAS quite a hike to the main bldg. It sounds silly since you walk so much in the parks, but first thing in the morning and late at night we rather be closer if we want a quick drink or just to start our day getting to the bus. The boys swam in the LM pool one afternoon and asked for a beach ball, so DH walked to the gift shop to get one. Well, from the time he left till the time he got back was over 30 minutes, and that was with him going directly there, making the purchase, and returning! But I'm glad we experienced it and of course being in a Cars or Nemo suite would eliminate that issue. Oh, and Cars was my favorite themed area :goodvibes

Ugh, can't believe your toe is still bothering you:sad2: I hope some Dr. figures something out soon! I'm glad the Go Walks works so well for you though. I slip mine on every once in awhile around the house and that walking on air feeling comes right back lol. And I'm sure I'll take them when DH and I go on our quick anniversary trip to the world in March :love:

Glad you enjoyed AOA, too! We stayed there for 3 nights at the end of our trip this past Feb. It was for me - we stayed in a LM room. I have 2 DS's and 2 stepsons. They've all learned that sometimes, mom needs her girly stuff lol!princess: So my 2 DS's weren't thrilled but they toughed it out. The resort theming was wonderful; we loved the food court and the bus service was one of the best we've encountered. I also loved the LM room itself and it was fine space-wise for the 4 of us, given we didn't spend much time there. However, it WAS quite a hike to the main bldg. It sounds silly since you walk so much in the parks, but first thing in the morning and late at night we rather be closer if we want a quick drink or just to start our day getting to the bus. The boys swam in the LM pool one afternoon and asked for a beach ball, so DH walked to the gift shop to get one. Well, from the time he left till the time he got back was over 30 minutes, and that was with him going directly there, making the purchase, and returning! But I'm glad we experienced it and of course being in a Cars or Nemo suite would eliminate that issue. Oh, and Cars was my favorite themed area :goodvibes

Yeah...well, I've given up on the podiatrist and am now casually looking for shoes (and winter boots). At least he did do a makeover on the orthotics I bought from him and it no longer feels like I'm walking on wood. But doesn't solve the toe problem.

Ah..that's so awesome about the LM...how you and a bunch of guys stayed in it. But hey, you deserve to be spoiled too. :thumbsup2 It just seems sooo cute so wonderful you got to experience it. The Cars room was really impressive with even the night tables and dressers, but I bet the LM room was magical and so girly (i.e. adorable). Yeah...I've heard others say that that's the one downside...that they are far. We were fortunate and in building 1, which is right next to animation hall, and can totally see how staying so far away would be one downside. Would you return to AoA?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter