First Disney Trip...Ready To Go Again.

Thurs Oct 23 Continued - Magic Kingdom

...We left BBB and DD really felt like a princess. She got to walk around the park for the rest of the day as Anna on Coronation Day (well, cause of the bun-like hair style). And everyone knows how to play it as she kept getting called 'Princess'.

DD is like me in that she loves shows...and she really wanted to see the parade. So off we went to find a spot to stand. I had read about good spots to stand, and which were less busy, but really didn't feel like walking far off, so we grabbed a spot near the castle hub. We were a bit early so she could go right up to the front. We wait a bit (only because it started at Frontierland), but then the floats and stuff started coming. Now I thought it would be "just a parade" but will say I was thoroughly impressed. Such beautiful costumes and details on the floats. And the people were in character and moved accordingly. It really is something everyone should catch once.

We had some time before our Enchanted Tales with Belle FP, so we headed to Fantasyland to go on Dumbo and Barnstormer. DD had fun but I'll say I was expecting a bit more (but hey, guess I forget I'm an adult sometime). Maybe I'm turning into a Disney snob since I've seen some of the themed rides and so these were just simple standard amusement park rides. But one good thing though is that both were walk on rides.

Next was our ETWB FP. DD is shy but still wanted to participate, but she got the role of the salt and pepper shaker (For anyone who has seen this, it lets them participate but really isn't much of a role). Oh well...it was cute watching her. However, I would say though that this is another attraction that DD enjoyed, and it gets good reviews, but I found it quite disappointing. Maybe it was because the Belle we had talked so quietly and was so unenthusiastic that she seemed bored.

After this we decided to head over to Tomorrowland to go on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger. Now it seemed like the same idea as Toy Story Minia Mania...the target shooting game, with one exception...it was so hard to see your laser so you didn't even know what you were shooting at. The lighting and characters were cool, but quite frustrating. I think DD and my score were both close to zero. Oh well...we got a silly picture out of it on our memory maker.

Funny thing is...DH and DS could have been anywhere in the park and we hadn't seen them since late morning when we split up after BTMR, but from texting, they had just left Buzz Light and were basically next door on Astro Obriter. So we met back up with them before dinner. However, that didn't last long since as we were walking back to the main area, DD saw a show at the castle, and it was too girly for DS. So we separated again...but then met up for dinner.

Now poor DS as understandably he wasn't so excited for dinner since it was at Cinderella Royale Table (we had to book it after BBB). But we tried to keep it light for him and promised him he'd at least get a good meal and dessert out of it. Nevertheless, he was a bit grumpy at first while DD got her picture with Cinderella (we got such a magical shot with Cinderella and DD looking up at her). Obviously DS had no interest in the princesses during dinner, but he lightened up as he got his meal. Felt bad, but really wanted to do CRT for DD and the one thing that I insisted on was that our meals would at least be together. DD was so happy meeting Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine and Ariel (but very shy to even respond to them)...and cute how she'd get her autograph book ready for each one. And DS was ok. I think it was Snow White that tried to talk to him, but most of them left him alone. Very cool dinner and glad we got to eat at "The Castle".

After dinner we had to leave the park since it was a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party night, but we got a sneak peak of what we'd see the next evening when we attended.

I'm enjoying reading your TR! We have few things in common...we are also about 40, have a little princess to please, and DH's ideal vacation is not at crowded Disney parks :rotfl:

I just learned there was magic shot with Pascal reading your TR! I wish I knew. We had many photos taken on the day DD was dressed as Rapunzel, but no photographer mentioned they could do Pascal magic shot!

Sorry to hear Enchanted Tales with Belle was not a great experience for you. It was definitely meant for small kids, and I thought it was cute. It is an interactive show, so I guess the experience can be different each time.

I'm enjoying reading your TR! We have few things in common...we are also about 40, have a little princess to please, and DH's ideal vacation is not at crowded Disney parks :rotfl:

I just learned there was magic shot with Pascal reading your TR! I wish I knew. We had many photos taken on the day DD was dressed as Rapunzel, but no photographer mentioned they could do Pascal magic shot!

Sorry to hear Enchanted Tales with Belle was not a great experience for you. It was definitely meant for small kids, and I thought it was cute. It is an interactive show, so I guess the experience can be different each time.

Nice, we're reading each other's trip report. :goodvibes
Love how many characters your little one met.

Oh no...too bad you missed Pascal. That would have been quite cute. We had Pascal picture done in front of Pirates of the Caribbean and also one near bridge coming up to Be Our Guest.

Yeah...guess I was expecting a bit more from ETWB, but nevertheless, DD did enjoy it and did get a few cute pictures.

My trip overlapped with yours, as I was there Oct. 22 - Nov. 2.

Sorry to see that you were sick. Do you think it was already coming on before you went on the Thunder Mountain Railroad?

After having had a lunch and a dinner (separate trips) at Be Our Guest, I like the décor, theming, and experience, but don't care much for their food at all.

Where did you have lunch on that Hollywood Studios day?

Fri Oct 24 - Epcot

Today was a bitter sweet day....super excited for MNSSHP later on but also, it was our last Disney day. Boo hoo.

We were starting at Epcot and then would leave around 3pm to head over to MK for the party. So we packed up our knapsacks with the usual essentials (sunscreen, autograph book, maps, FP print out, etc.) but also had a separate bag with our Halloween costumes. As we started heading out, DH suggested that instead of driving to Epcot and then driving to MK, that we just park at MK and take the monorail over to Epcot. Then we could monorail to MK after Epcot...and when done end of the party, our car would be there.

This made sense to me...until we were about to board the monorail for Epcot....oh oh...our costumes were in the car (since in original plan we'd be driving from Epcot to MK so it didn't occur to me to bring the extra bag with us). We were trying to get to Epcot as quick as possible to ride Test Track again on standby and so DH offered to go back to the car (which was maybe a 10 min walk each way?) and he would meet us there. Felt bad...but didn't want to throw off the plan....so I continued on with the kids. Now, I know the monorail is pretty straight forward but I'm so bad with directions I'm still proud of myself that we made it without getting lost. :banana:

Once at Epcot we walked over to Test Track with a posted wait time of 45 minutes. Was hoping dh would get to use while in the front room (i.e. where he could still see us from the entrance) but no such luck. I did ask the CM since he entered the park while we were waiting behind the studio doors...and she said he could let them know and they'd fast track him to meet us on the other side just before we got on the ride, but I guess DH didn't want to go to the trouble so he just waited by the exit for us. As a note, although the posted wait time was 45 minutes, I think it was 30 including the design room. Not bad at all. Ride was super fun like the other day and again, DS designed a typical race car while DD created a pretty purple truck. Very funny.

After Test Track we found DH and went to our brunch ADR at Akershus. Didn't really want to book another princess meal for DS but we did want one table service at Epcot and this was really our only option. At least there was bacon for him (his favorite) and lots of other choices at the buffet. And DD was happy once again with her autograph book meeting the princesses...Belle at the front and then Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel. She also loved the little parade that they did and was quite cute following along. Both CRT and Akershus provide an 8x10 print out along with four 4x6 ones, but I heard they are stopping this in the new year. Guess another way to encourage people to buy memory maker.

After breakfast we wandered around, bought a few rice crispy squares to take home to use up some snack credits, got some pictures taken (silly one holding butterflies) and then went on a few rides. DH really wanted to see the Food & Wine festival (even though we just had lunch) and so he wandered around there while I took DS and DD to Captain EO on FP. Now I thought this ride/3D/4D movie was hilarious...I mean some space alien thing with a dancing Michael Jackson. Who thought up such a thing??? :rotfl2: My kids didn't even have any idea who he was (yeah, I feel old) and even asked if that was a boy or a girl, which gave me a chuckle. I'm surprised this ride is here as it seems a bit outdated, but as said above, I just found it that much funnier.

After that we headed over to Soarin FP. This ride sounded really cool...where it seems like you're flying, but in the end I found it ok (although stomach got a little queasy at times...guess that's my "old" age). DD quite enjoyed it but even DS was disappointed.

We had a bit of time before our Spaceship Earth FP so we grabbed a fancy Starbuck drink (gotta use up those snack credits) and then went into some art store. There was someone at the front signing stuff so I guess he is one of the main painters. Loved the paintings and I could have bought any one of them...IF it wasn't for the price. :eek:

So then off to Spaceship Earth in the "big golf ball". Had no idea what this really was but it was actually pretty cool...and then there is the funny part at the end where your face is imposed on the screen. I like too that the ride uses the Omni mover technology like Haunted Mansion (anything that reminds me of Haunted Mansion is good) .

By this point it was getting close to 3pm so we changed into our costumes ready to head to MK for MNSSHP. Yippee. :yay: Spotted a few photopass photographers to snap some pictures of us in our costume.

My trip overlapped with yours, as I was there Oct. 22 - Nov. 2.

Sorry to see that you were sick. Do you think it was already coming on before you went on the Thunder Mountain Railroad?

After having had a lunch and a dinner (separate trips) at Be Our Guest, I like the décor, theming, and experience, but don't care much for their food at all.

Where did you have lunch on that Hollywood Studios day?

Sorry, just noticed your questions now.
I actually had a very bad migraine overnight and felt the nausea as we were pulling into the MK parking lot. SO...it started before any rides. (And Big Thunder Mountain is my second favorite ride...right after Haunted Mansion).

Thanks for the note about the meal at BOG. Actually DH wasn't overly thrilled. From the pictures, really wanted to try that triple chocolate cup cake though.

At Hollywood Studios we went to ABC Commissary. Had a delicious arugula quinoa salmon salad. DD got one of those kid boxes.

How was your trip? We really lucked out with the weather, didn't we?

How was your trip? We really lucked out with the weather, didn't we?

Lots of good times; there were ups and downs as with anything. Enjoyed meeting up with various Dis'ers and lots of characters.:thumbsup2 Weather was moderate and pleasant until afternoon of Friday, Oct. 31 when it suddenly turned cold. Temperature dropped by about 30 degrees and stayed cold the rest of my trip. I caught a cold right when the weather changed, but still did my best to make the most of the rest of the trip.

We did Test Track and Soarin too! And we preferred Test Track better. Designing a car was not smooth for us (I don't know if it was us or our station), but the ride was great!

We get 4x6 prints at CRT and Akershus?? I did not know that! We did both too, and was happy at the photos taken there. I need to check the photo folder and see if those smaller prints are hidden behind the 8x10!

Lots of good times; there were ups and downs as with anything. Enjoyed meeting up with various Dis'ers and lots of characters.:thumbsup2 Weather was moderate and pleasant until afternoon of Friday, Oct. 31 when it suddenly turned cold. Temperature dropped by about 30 degrees and stayed cold the rest of my trip. I caught a cold right when the weather changed, but still did my best to make the most of the rest of the trip.

Oh no...sorry about the turn in weather. The week we were there it was perfect. But we weren't there as long as you and left Sat Oct 25th. Sorry too about your cold. it sucks when you're not well when away. :worried:

We did Test Track and Soarin too! And we preferred Test Track better. Designing a car was not smooth for us (I don't know if it was us or our station), but the ride was great!

We get 4x6 prints at CRT and Akershus?? I did not know that! We did both too, and was happy at the photos taken there. I need to check the photo folder and see if those smaller prints are hidden behind the 8x10!

What happened in the design part of Test Track? Our kids quite enjoyed that (and DS is competitive so enjoyed seeing how his car performed at each test).

Yes...for the CRT and Akershus pictures, the 4x6 ones aren't obvious. Look behind or at the fold of the 8x10. They were in a smaller envelope in the fold. Good for photo albums and giving to grandparents.

We all much prefer TT over Soarin' also. I believe we did TT 7x on our Aug. trip lol. We got lucky, one day we rode at RD, came out and there was still a 10 min. wait so went right back on. We walked directly into the design a car room. Came out and now only a 20 min. wait so went in again, and it ended up being MAYBE a 5 min. wait. Then we had a FP for later so we got on 4x just that one day:thumbsup2

I can't keep my eyes open on Soarin':sad1: I get motion sickness and this is one of the few rides that triggers it. I usually skip it now and if our DS's want to ride, DH will go with them. I tried so hard once to open my eyes when you "fly" over the castle, but it just didn't work. And to me its not thrilling enough to get sick over!

We all much prefer TT over Soarin' also. I believe we did TT 7x on our Aug. trip lol. We got lucky, one day we rode at RD, came out and there was still a 10 min. wait so went right back on. We walked directly into the design a car room. Came out and now only a 20 min. wait so went in again, and it ended up being MAYBE a 5 min. wait. Then we had a FP for later so we got on 4x just that one day:thumbsup2

I can't keep my eyes open on Soarin':sad1: I get motion sickness and this is one of the few rides that triggers it. I usually skip it now and if our DS's want to ride, DH will go with them. I tried so hard once to open my eyes when you "fly" over the castle, but it just didn't work. And to me its not thrilling enough to get sick over!

Those are awesome wait times for Test Track. So fun to ride over and over.
As mentioned, our wait time was much less than posted, and that included the designing room.

I agree...there were times I felt the motion sickness with Soarin. I do see the appeal though if you like to feel like you're flying. They are pretty different rides.

Fri Oct 24 - MNSSHP

So off to MK for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
We got some fun looks on the monorail over. Oh, guess I should mention our costumes. DS was a skeleton, DD was Anna as hair was still done up from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and she had thh dress, and DH and I wore matching Superman / Supergirl tshirts (from a Halloween store so a full costumed shirt). We got some great couple shots in those. (Btw...I apologize for the lack of pictures in this report but I'm not comfortable posting on a public site).

As we entered the gate we got a family picture taken at the castle. I'm now looking at the time from Photo Pass website and it shows 4:04pm so guess we made pretty good timing considering you could enter MK with a party ticket starting at 4pm. :thumbsup2

We had a few hours before the party actually began so we took advantage of rides. First we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Run to ride it again. Yah...I love that ride. Not only is it fun, but the scenery is impressive and detailed. Then DH and DS went on Splash Mountain again for the third time and DD and I headed over to Haunted Mansion. We didn't get the party experience since it wasn't 7pm yet, but it was still cool riding it on Halloween party night. I just love this attraction, as you notice different things each time. DD too, and she still talks about it. After the ride, I really wanted to get a special Halloween magic shot but the photographer said that they don't do the Halloween one until after 7pm so I made a mental note to return, and we just got regular photos then in front of the house and then the photographer walked with us a bit and got one with Pascal.

It was close to 5:30pm so I texted DH to see where they were and they had just finished Splash so we met them at Pinocchio Village Haus. I had read about their flat breads and we all like pizza so seemed like a good spot. We walked in and got luckily it was quite empty. Now I must say that the flat bread that we got...with balsamic vinegar, tomatoes and mozzarella was super yummy. The décor was super cute too with lovely paintings from the story along the walls.

After dinner we had time for a ride so we went on Its a Small World again since it was next door. Again, cute ride and I could enjoy it this time (since I wasn't feeling well on the Monday).

Next was DS's third favorite ride...the Tomorrowland Speedway, which DD and I hadn't tried yet. DH and DS rode together and I went with DD. Now who would have thought that a car on a track could be so hard to steer? But...I kept going into the side, which slowed us down. Still, it was fun and we made it to the finish line (I think it's impossible not to, but that's beside the point ;) ).

We then saw a trick or treat spot so we opened our bags wide and lined up. Even DH and I got to trick or treat which I haven't done myself since I was a kid. Fun.

I wanted to look for the cool scary magic shot and the photographer said there was one at HM itself and also one near the BOG bridge or Gaston's Tavern so we walked that way. And of course, who did we see, but Gaston. DS wasn't happy about stopping for a meet and greet, but the line was quite short and DD wanted to meet him. And I'm so glad we did since he was absolutely hilarious. He was totally into character being the conceited macho guy. I have this very cute picture of DD almost curtsying to him. DH got in the fun too asking 'just what are your intensions with my daughter?'

We gave up on the HM magic shot...for now...and headed back to the castle where they were doing this fun villains mix mingle show. I'm quite impressed by these shows...the dancing, costumes, and fun for all ages. DH and the kids went up close to watch and I grabbed a spot by the curb for the Boo To You Parade.

...to be continued...

What happened in the design part of Test Track? Our kids quite enjoyed that (and DS is competitive so enjoyed seeing how his car performed at each test).

Yes...for the CRT and Akershus pictures, the 4x6 ones aren't obvious. Look behind or at the fold of the 8x10. They were in a smaller envelope in the fold. Good for photo albums and giving to grandparents.

The touchscreen was not responding well. I was looking forward to see what my daughter would create, but we ended up with a very boring car with whatever the option that responded. :sad1:

I just checked my folders, and yes, those 4x6 are there! I am SO glad I read your TR, otherwise I would have never known. I saw the envelop flaps in the folder, but I never thought to pull them out. I thought those papers were supposed to be there so that the surface of the photo will not touch the other side or something. :lmao: Can you imagine how silly I feel now? I also checked the one from last year, and yes, the envelop and photos are there! Now DD's grandparents are getting the photos from this year AND the one from last year in print! :rotfl:

Fri Oct 25 - MNSSHP

Next was DS's third favorite ride...the Tomorrowland Speedway, which DD and I hadn't tried yet. DH and DS rode together and I went with DD. Now who would have thought that a car on a track could be so hard to steer? But...I kept going into the side, which slowed us down. Still, it was fun and we made it to the finish line (I think it's impossible not to, but that's beside the point ;) ).

I wanted to look for the cool scary magic shot and the photographer said there was one at HM itself and also one near the BOG bridge or Gaston's Tavern so we walked that way. And of course, who did we see, but Gaston. DS wasn't happy about stopping for a meet and greet, but the line was quite short and DD wanted to meet him. And I'm so glad we did since he was absolutely hilarious. He was totally into character being the conceited macho guy. I have this very cute picture of DD almost curtsying to him. DH got in the fun too asking 'just what are your intensions with my daughter?'

...to be continued...

Oh, that Tomorrowland Speedway! I know what you are talking about, I thought it was a lot harder than driving an actual car! During the ride I was telling myself, I do have a driver's license! :drive:

Your husband is a good sport. I passed by Gaston many times because we are at Fantasyland a lot, but did not get a photo with him. I wanted DH to do muscle comparison of the arms, but DH said no...because Gaston was wearing paddings. :laughing:

The touchscreen was not responding well. I was looking forward to see what my daughter would create, but we ended up with a very boring car with whatever the option that responded. :sad1:

I just checked my folders, and yes, those 4x6 are there! I am SO glad I read your TR, otherwise I would have never known. I saw the envelop flaps in the folder, but I never thought to pull them out. I thought those papers were supposed to be there so that the surface of the photo will not touch the other side or something. :lmao: Can you imagine how silly I feel now? I also checked the one from last year, and yes, the envelop and photos are there! Now DD's grandparents are getting the photos from this year AND the one from last year in print! :rotfl:

Too bad about the Test Track. Must have been some strange glitch.

Too funny about the pictures :lmao: (if you don't mind me saying). But soooo glad that you have now noticed them. They are precious and so good to have the extra copies.

Ha ha...glad I'm not the only one who had trouble driving on Tomorrowland Speedway. Still a fun ride though...and it just meant that DS and DH had to wait a bit longer for us to arrive at the finish line. ;)
Yes...if you go back and see Gaston, try and do a meet and greet. He was our best one. (not sure if he's there other times or just the Halloween party)

Yes...if you go back and see Gaston, try and do a meet and greet. He was our best one. (not sure if he's there other times or just the Halloween party)

Gaston is there on a regular basis :) I've stood and watched him with quite a few guests and he's always hilarious! I've also begged my DS's to meet him but so far it hasn't worked :( Might have to talk DH into it on our anniversary trip in March lol!

Gaston is there on a regular basis :) I've stood and watched him with quite a few guests and he's always hilarious! I've also begged my DS's to meet him but so far it hasn't worked :( Might have to talk DH into it on our anniversary trip in March lol!

Yes, try and go up and talk to him, it's worth it (having said that, I was quiet being shy, and just watched from the side ;) )

Fri Oct 24 - MNSSHP Continued

After the Villains Mix and Mingle show, DS and DD found me at the curb and they sat down to save their seat for the parade. DH went off to grab some snack he wanted to try (and when he returned he watched from the back of the crowd...but he's tall...unlike myself...so that worked for him).

The CMs came by to make sure feet were behind the line on the curb and then out came the headless horseman. Cool! Then shortly afterwards the parade began. Personally I love scary stuff so this was my kind of parade (not that it was scary). Out came the zombies ... just loved how they walked/danced perfectly. There were lots of great characters: country bears, goofy, wreck it ralph, queen of hearts and some other villains, Winnie the pooh and friends, mickey and minnie, peter pan, and of course hitchhiker ghosts. Like the day time parade, everything was so detailed (but not as bright colors). And the music was perfect...fun but a touch spooky. Dh taped the whole thing and so I'm listening to it now as I'm typing this entry. The music will probably be in my head the next few days. :p

After the parade we wandered a bit to do more trick or treating and then found a spot I think was near Casey's Corner for the 'Celebrate the Magic' Castle Light show and HalloWishes. There was a path cutting across that the CMs kept clear, so it was good spot to stand as no one would be right ahead of us (although only DS stood with me...DD stood back a bit with DH as she was getting tired). The light show began...Now we hadn't seen the regular light show so not sure how it compares, but this Halloween one was super impressive. The way the whole castle changed with the lights to different textures and pictures. I've never seen anything like that. And of course, like everything with Disney, it told a story.

Next were the fireworks, and wow! Beautiful! DS didn't like some of the loud pops (it seemed there were more than Illuminations), but we all loved the show. And of course, it doesn't get more magical with the castle in the background.

I thought for sure we'd head back to the resort at this point as it was way past our kids bedtimes. DD likes to stay up but she does get a point where she has a meltdown. But, we kept going for a bit (and a chance for me to get that Halloween magic shot). So we walked back towards Liberty Square. We weren't expecting it but we saw Tiana there and the line wasn't long so DD stood in line to meet her. Got some sweet pictures. Apparently Prince Naveen was there too (according to the photo pass description), but I don't remember seeing him.

Then we headed towards Haunted Mansion, did another trick or treat along the way and found the spot for the magic shot. I will say that this is the ONLY TIME that a photo pass photographer was rude. (Honestly, every CM and photographer has been nothing but pleasant and friendly). Actually with this one they had one person taking the picture and another handling the line. He was very abrupt and told us to stand there (and not there!), look and "next!". So after all that, these pictures didn't even turn out very good. DS is even mostly blocked by DD.

Well, by this time it was 10pm and we still had to get back to the monorail, walk to our car or take the tram and then drive back, so we headed out. Very late night for our kids. We drove back to our resort and as we pulled into the parking lot I turned to look at our kids in the back seat. DD was sitting in the booster, but her body made a "U" shape sideways with her head next to the seat (if you can picture that). Wow...she was tired! It was hilarious (but at the same time I cringed when I saw her as this couldn't have been too safe) :scared: Somehow we got the kids to our room, changed, teeth brushed (with all that candy!) and to bed after 11pm!

So as for MNSSHP, I will say that it was super fun being at MK with the rides and events with everyone in costumes. The party tickets weren't cheap (and you add on to convert to Canadian dollars) but am really glad we came. The event was sold out, but was expecting that with it being a Friday night, and one week away from Halloween. But the crowds were still manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter