Fay

Just to let you all know, in case you heard stories and are worried....I talked to jen this morning and she and her family are fine. I called to check on them and talked to Chris at first. When I told him that I had heard that Port St Lucie was hit pretty hard last night and would possibley be declared a disaster area, he responded that it was a few years too late for that! :lmao: So if they still have their sense of humor, then I guess they're alright.

Glad your ok Jen girl.
This is one tenacious old broad, Fay.

Hey guys! I was worried I was late for school when Ami called this morning. It really freaked me out...I was like...Oh ****! Am I supposed to be at school???

That Fay is like unwanted in-laws showing up at the door unannounced...you can't wait until they go away! (I have a friend that has this problem constantly...oh the stories she tells!:eek: )

It is still blowing like a ***** here and the rain is off and on. My parents say that the water has receded in front, but not in back of their house, so I don't have to go and rescue her today.

Ami was so sweet for calling. Ever since PSL got on the national news, the phone has been ringing off the hook. If we actually built on our lot we bought, we would be sunk, literally. The lot is right where all the pictures are on TV. So, we just have a lot under water now and our house is in the north of the county nice and dry. I am sure glad they put in that 6 foot drainage pipe on our road between the two houses mid way after Frances and Jeanne. We would have not faired so well if they had not done it. We were pretty flooded after those two storms. One of the things I did look for when we bought this house was how high it sat above the road. I am glad I did.

I am more worried about DisneyBishops, he is still getting the worst of it, we can finally see the sun this afternoon...the wind is still blowing, but the sun has joined us again.

Anyone know how the Fort is now? Is there still high winds there and how is the water situation at the campground around the sites? :confused3

Hey Jen, thanks for the concern. We are fine here in Melb. Only about 20" of rain so far. We finally decided to let Fay go away. We live on a acre lot and both front and back yard had about 2' of water. Now today it has finally receeded and now only about a ft. Not a lot of wind but man this is the most water I have ever seen. Lost power for a few hours but that was the worst of it. We still have water standing on several roads but all in all we made it fine. Heck the kids even got out of school all wk except Monday.

Anyone know how the Fort is now? Is there still high winds there and how is the water situation at the campground around the sites? :confused3

Well we're at the Fort now, it gets gusty at times but our awning is out. There is a lot of standing water in some of the loops...1500 and 400 that I noticed in particular. Here is what loop 400 looked like this afternoon:
FloridaTripPix073.jpg

We are in 200 and I'm starting to notice some standing water in certain spots here as well. The rain is really coming down tonight. Rivers running down the roads and the kids sneakers are soaked. I guess it may get better tomorrow...I'll believe it when I see it! But I'm still happy to be here! Soggy, but happy!

Well we're at the Fort now, it gets gusty at times but our awning is out. There is a lot of standing water in some of the loops...1500 and 400 that I noticed in particular. Here is what loop 400 looked like this afternoon:
FloridaTripPix073.jpg

We are in 200 and I'm starting to notice some standing water in certain spots here as well. The rain is really coming down tonight. Rivers running down the roads and the kids sneakers are soaked. I guess it may get better tomorrow...I'll believe it when I see it! But I'm still happy to be here! Soggy, but happy!

Thanks for the update. We will be arriving this afternoon for the weekend. Probably won't be setting up much of our usual Disney decorations. Be safe!

now DisneyBishops and I get to enjoy the newcomers to town

MOSQUITOES!

We have had mosquitoes something terrible in Palm Bay for about the past month. Actually before the storm, they were saying that a lot of rain would help wash out all the eggs, so maybe we will get a little break!!!

They said this morning that they are already getting the trucks filled with bug juice this weekend...major outbreak expected from all the standing water here

I am already itching...:yay: (that is not me jumping up and down in happiness)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter