Fay

Hope everything goes ok for everybody in Fays path.

now they're saying it's going to go out, become a hurricane and re-enter FL near St. Aug and go through Gainesville?

Ugh, I have to go back to UF tomorrow, greaaattttt

That's crazy they it STRENGTHENED over LAND?!!?

and like you all said, it's so true how the news are playing this up :rotfl2:

well, Fay did enter and park itself over the everglades and lake o, which are bodies of water, so strengthening, although a rarity, is a plausible situation...

it has decided to park itself over st lucie county right now...boy is it a howling outside...we are getting the "eye wall" right now...i am glad i put the garbage cans in...it is such a pain to go and find them down the street somewhere...;)

i still keep telling dh that i think their predictions/guessing is a little too north since it keeps going straight east instead of north like they keep guessing...

we will see

now they're saying it's going to go out, become a hurricane and re-enter FL near St. Aug and go through Gainesville?

Ugh, I have to go back to UF tomorrow, greaaattttt

That's crazy they it STRENGTHENED over LAND?!!?

and like you all said, it's so true how the news are playing this up :rotfl2:

Yikes, and Pete goes up for school this weekend..finals no less.:confused3

The streets are flooded here in Palm Bay.... but I had to laugh at our good ol city.... 11:00 PM last night the phone rings... I hate when the phone rings that late as the first thought is that something is terribly wrong... well it was a reverse 911 call to tell us that there won't be any trash pick up today!!!:lmao:

Well Fay is turning out to be the real b****. Here in Melb. she is just hanging around and pounding us with rain and some wind. Certainly no hurricane but about 12" of rain so far and we have alot of flooding. We don't usually get this much rain with a hurricane. Looks like she won't go out and become a hurricane. She is just going to stay on the coast and pound us with rain. Just what we needed. I was hoping she would head up into the southeast where they are in a drought. They could use all this rain. Here in Melb. our average Aug rainfall is around 6". Heck we are getting that much in a few hours.

But looks like not too much damage. Only a couple of twisters and no one killed. By tomorrow it will be much better.

I hear even DW is closed today. Wow, wonder if they evacuted the fort?

I hear even DW is closed today. Wow, wonder if they evacuted the fort?

My MIL lives in Melbourne Beach and she said they are ok, but lots of rain! Stay safe!

I haven't heard that WDW was closed!?! There are several DIS folks at the Fort now...hopefully we'll have an update from them soon.

12' is alot of rain for the ground to handle in a short period of time. I hope she quits soon for you guys. We sure could use some of that rain here.

WDW is not closed today.

Here are today's hours (looks pretty normal):

Magic Kingdom 9a-10p
Epcot 9a-9p
Disney's Hollywood Studios 9a-10p
Disney's Animal Kingdom 9a-7p
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks 9a-8p

That was hard to believe. Heck DW is open during hurricanes. Anyway here in Melb. we are ok just some flooding and hard rain. Should be almost all gone by tomorrow afternoon. Fay is just hanging around and not moving very fast. Lot of things are closed so not as much traffic as usual. But we have been through much worse and came out ok.

Thanks for everyone's concern.

I bet the lines aren't bad at all! :lmao:

fyi- I'm thinking of you all and hoping you don't get too soaked or blow away!:goodvibes

Its spooky that theres a 10minute wait even in these conditions!!!

We are swimming now. Just heard like 20" or rain in last 24hrs. They are evacuating low areas here in Melb. and Palm Bay. Fay is moving like a turtle.
Expected to be around here another 12-14 hrs. ouch please no more rain. At least with a hurricane they come tear stuff up and then get the heck out. Fay is like a friend who has overstayed their welcome.

Just got a call from school, no school for the rest of the week because of the flooding. When I stupidly took my son to school (because the website said they had school) this morning, it took me an hour to get down US1 because it was flooded. Most of the neighborhoods east of US1 are flooded are they are running shuttles via school buses and dump trucks for people to get in and out and care givers to get in and out. My parents' development is flooded, as the ponds have all flooded into the streets. The water is about 4 feet from the back of her house. It is really something I haven't seen as far as flooding. They actually got more water than we did, about 20 inches. I'll see if I can post some pictures.

by Johnny Cash:

"Five Feet High And Rising"

My mama always taught me that good things come from adversity if we put our faith in the Lord.
We couldn't see much good in the flood waters when they
were causing us to have to leave home,
But when the water went down, we found that it had washed a load of rich black bottom dirt across our land. The following year we had the best cotton crop we'd ever had.

I remember hearing:

How high's the water, mama?
Two feet high and risin'
How high's the water, papa?
Two feet high and risin'

We can make it to the road in a homemade boat
That's the only thing we got left that'll float
It's already over all the wheat and the oats,
Two feet high and risin'

Three feet high and risin'

Well, the hives are gone,
I've lost my bees
The chickens are sleepin'
In the willow trees
Cow's in water up past her knees,

Four feet high and risin'
Four feet high and risin'

Hey, come look through the window pane,
The bus is comin', gonna take us to the train
Looks like we'll be blessed with a little more rain,
4 feet high and risin'

Five feet high and risin'

Well, the rails are washed out north of town
We gotta head for higher ground
We can't come back till the water comes down,

Well, it's five feet high and risin'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter