Fay

Gonna try to keep up a little now. My nieghbors were going to throw out there laptop because of ,,,,something and they said I could have it. anywho, it has a 3.06 gig processor so after a new motherboard I'm up and runing at near my desktop speed. This will help when we get evacuated:lmao: , and for being online on the porch ( no more smoking in the house ). It has allowed me to keep up a little more. Thanks for noticing....:thumbsup2

our local weather is say not to worry, we'll have a little rain and winds no worse than an afternoon storm:confused3 . I don't know why I don't believe them,,,,you know, with as dead on as they normally are:lmao: .

our local weather is say not to worry, we'll have a little rain and winds no worse than an afternoon storm:confused3 . I don't know why I don't believe them,,,,you know, with as dead on as they normally are:lmao: .

Oh you would just love our local weather people. They are sooo:confused3 .

Fay is weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And lame!! She came on shore about 4am at Marco Island - wind gusts up to 35MPH and lots of rain. Fox 13 in Tampa showed their weatherman on Bonita Beach (S of Ft Myers) standing in the rain next to a palm tree that was barely "dancing". Why, I ask you, would someone stand in the rain holding a microphone????

On the plus side - Fla's water table will rise - which is still much needed after the droughts we experienced the past two years!!

They expect a lot of rain here in Polk County & at FtW today. It would be a great day to be in one of the parks!!

The news is trying to make things look worse than they are. The reporters are standing in ankle-deep water, telling everybody how dangerous it is! :lmao:

Looks like she is going to come to us in Brevard County. We are not scared of her, heck we have had much bigger storms come through here. The only thing she is going to do is flood us for awhile.

Oh well Just have to get plenty of beer. She is moving very slow.

Howdy neighbor... we live in South Brevard county. It has been raining here all day, not pouring just a nice steady rain. Every now and then, it gets a little windy. They just announced no school again tomorrow. I am seriously thinking about putting the kids in the car and heading to DW tomorrow. I don't think it will be too rainy by tomorrow.

We guaranteed that this would be a mild storm as we worked two evenings in a row putting up shutters, cleaning and cooking the big items in the freezer. All in all a beautiful day today (I'm not complaining) with refreshing rain and breezes. So far so good here in southwest FL.

I am in Melb. it is raining pretty hard here right now. The wind has really picked up. This storm is strange. It has strengthened over land. All I have ever seen get weaker over land. The eye is going to hit us tonight sometime and we will have crappy weather all night and probably tomorrow. I am sure DW will be ok by tomorrow afternoon. So have fun and be safe.

hello from hurricane/tropical storm central...8 inches of rain here so far at 5pm

they sent chris to work this morning because EVERYONE wanted to go banking today, even though the sheriff wanted everyone off the roads, he was sent home around noon because our two main roads (US1 and Pt St Lucie Blvd) to the house were going to be closed within the hour so here we are...

it is still blowing a good clip, we are going to see some more for a while but the rain has let up a bit

chris said on the way home that the water in spots on the road was up to the grill on the tacoma and the passing traffic was putting a bow wake on the hood

...should have gone and gotten that snorkel for the jeep weeks ago..;)

had a tornado near my parents' warehouse, took down a shell station roof and a passing delivery truck and a tornado in western palm beach tore up some horse stables

couple tornadoes north of here chewed up some mobile homes (what's new with that one?)

that is all for now...

well I'm praying for all of you down there...I'm in a TT on the coast and know how dangerous it is for the MH's etc. in your area!!!

hello from hurricane/tropical storm central...8 inches of rain here so far at 5pm

they sent chris to work this morning because EVERYONE wanted to go banking today, even though the sheriff wanted everyone off the roads, he was sent home around noon because our two main roads (US1 and Pt St Lucie Blvd) to the house were going to be closed within the hour so here we are...

it is still blowing a good clip, we are going to see some more for a while but the rain has let up a bit

chris said on the way home that the water in spots on the road was up to the grill on the tacoma and the passing traffic was putting a bow wake on the hood

...should have gone and gotten that snorkel for the jeep weeks ago..;)

had a tornado near my parents' warehouse, took down a shell station roof and a passing delivery truck and a tornado in western palm beach tore up some horse stables

couple tornadoes north of here chewed up some mobile homes (what's new with that one?)

that is all for now...

Thanks Jen,
I'm trying to talk myself into this being a passing shower and your going swimming:lmao: . Just my luck, if it follows it's current path, it will get stronger and then hit us almost directly as a cat. 1 . Some of you don't worry about this but I am WAY PARANOID.. Especially since I will have to go to work no matter what happens ( so much for all the people that think they want a state job:lmao: ) and Lisa and Landon will have to be home alone:scared: . The fact that I am on an Island and in the lowest flood plane doesn't help. Oh well, I would rather over react and have it not be a problem than under react and it be really bad.

I do apologize that I was selfish in my previous post. I am caught up in this storm getting stronger and preparing myself. It seems that everyone is is getting through fine ( except Jen who seems to be doing fine but the storm is causing alot of things ). My thoughts are with you all ( whenever I can pry them away from myself:lmao: ).

I can only guess that you won't be doing any testing over the next couple of days:lmao:

( except Jen who seems to be doing fine but the storm is causing alot of things )..

you forget that Jen is a veteran of three recent hurricanes (cat 3, cat 4, cat 2) and this freak of nature here that strengthens over LAND! (well, the everglades) plus all the others I have been privileged to since 1970...i am used to it...

you will be fine, just be prepared

we are having fun swimming...we even went out to a sports bar tonight, it was fun driving on US1 with all the water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter