Favorite Burger

Garbo's Umami Burger in Key West. 1/2 pound angus, topped with a heirloom tomato, applewood bacon, chipotle gouda then served on a brioche bun. Packed with flavor but not filled with stuff that falls out everywhere.

Two best burgers I have ever had were at tiny, small-town dive bars.

Both "up north" in MN. One was a jalapeno burger and one was a California.

Rules of thumb - needs to have the bun toasted/buttered, and needs to have a good bun/meat ratio. And, the patty needs to be thinner (cooked on a flat top, usually), rather than a thick puck.

I have been vegetarian for almost a year again, and I crave that California burger, still.

I do agree that In-N-Out gets way too much praise for a fast food burger, it's probably the best of its kind - an inexpensive fast food burger made with the highest quality ingredients. A similar one is from Dick's Drive-In in the Seattle area.

The issue with a lot of major chains is that the quality of the beef differs for any number of reasons. There are inevitably going to be multiple suppliers depending on what part of the country, or even supplier shipping across the country depending on contracts.

That being said, I like Red Robin - especially the Tavern Doubles. For $6.99 with refills on fries that's a killer deal. Chili's isn't bad either, but that also becomes dependent on the meat supplier. I do like their current 3 for $10 special. That includes their "Just Bacon Burger" where the a la carte price is more than $10 at every location I've tried. It's a solid burger, and $10 for the burger (with a side), an appetizer, and a nonalcoholic drink is a great deal.

It's also much better when the meat is just grilled. I have a membership dining pass for Six Flags, and at our local water park they sometimes open up this grill where they cook burgers on an outdoor gas grill. I saw the meat come out of a box. I remember it said it was from New Jersey. After looking it up, it was from Schweid and Sons. They were pretty standard 1/3 lb ground beef patties with paper backing, although none were perfectly round like they've been pressed into a mold. But they were freshly grilled and served on King's Hawaiian buns. As long as it's done right, I don't know if I can say I have any favorite because any place can screw up a burger if it's sitting around under a heat lamp or overcooked to the point where it's dry.

Mugshots! Its a sports bar and grill located all over MS and in a few places in AL. They have homemade burgers with sourdough buns. So very good.

Everybody in the family has their favorite. For DD its the Kahuna with teriyaki sauce and pineapple, YDS likes the Peanut Butter burger (haven't tried it but he likes it. Peanut butter on a burger), ODS likes either the breakfast burger (with egg) or steak burger (sirloin steak with grilled onions), DH likes the steak burger or the 1000 Island burger (has 1000 Island dressing) and I like the Mushroom burger.

If your in the Pacific Northwest. Burgerville.

I’m not a huge burger lover. I’d never order one in a restaurant. But every now and then I crave a Whopper. Hold the mayo.

Two best burgers I have ever had were at tiny, small-town dive bars.

Both "up north" in MN. One was a jalapeno burger and one was a California.

Rules of thumb - needs to have the bun toasted/buttered, and needs to have a good bun/meat ratio. And, the patty needs to be thinner (cooked on a flat top, usually), rather than a thick puck.

I have been vegetarian for almost a year again, and I crave that California burger, still.

If I really wanted a burger I would go to Red Robin and order a Patty Melt (without onions). Yum!!

If I really wanted a burger I would go to Red Robin and order a Patty Melt (without onions). Yum!!
I've never eaten at a Red Robin. I guess I might have to give them a try next time I have one close by. I doubt I'll be getting a Burger Chef burger anytime soon. :)

Burger Chef
I haven’t seen a Burger Chef in decades but back in the day I really liked Big Chefs.
If you're lucky enough to have Culver's nearby - stop there. I could eat there every single day. They're based out of Wisconsin and in the last couple years just graced the Chicagoland area with their presence.

I do like 5 guys, but am not a fan of the actual restaurant. I have two near me that I can go to and I just am not a fan of the locations or how they're set up. I need a little better space to eat my meal for the money that's being spent.
i have never heard of Culver’s but will check it out if I can find one.

My favorite for counter service is probably The Habit, love them! One just opened a few blocks from our house.
Table service is probably Red Robin, we go there pretty frequently and it's always consistent and endless fries!
I really don't like 5 Guys, way too greasy and it just disintegrated as I tried to eat it. I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.
I do love In-n-Out also, but I think The Habit is better.
This is the first I heard of Habit burgers but will try one at the first opportunity.

Oh wait...

Is that considered fast food? Ever since I became a member here I don't eat fast food anymore. I think it might even be in the rules somewhere.
No no no! Burgers and fries can’t be considered fast foods. They are at a much higher level of culinary exquisiteness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter