Favorite Burger

I've never eaten at a Red Robin. I guess I might have to give them a try next time I have one close by. I doubt I'll be getting a Burger Chef burger anytime soon. :)
It's a sit down, casual dining burger. The thing that separates them from others is that they have thick fries and when ordered they're considered "bottomless". That being said, I have been told after a while that I would be cut off, but I think it was just the orders of one particular manager. The other thing is that the amount of fries is pretty big in the tray with a burger or other entree, but the refills usually come in a smaller container where they kind of pad it out with paper that makes it seem like there's more underneath the top layer of fries. I've also seen a case where a manager had a couple of baskets of refill fries and just dropped one on my table even though I hadn't finished the previous fries.

They also have a special seasoning that one can sprinkle on fries or sandwiches.

Steak 'n Shake triple with pickle and onion. Culver's would be a close second. We are getting a Five Guys that should be opening in a few days. I'll have to try it. Sometime I get a taste for a few sliders (White Castle)

It's a sit down, casual dining burger. The thing that separates them from others is that they have thick fries and when ordered they're considered "bottomless". That being said, I have been told after a while that I would be cut off, but I think it was just the orders of one particular manager. The other thing is that the amount of fries is pretty big in the tray with a burger or other entree, but the refills usually come in a smaller container where they kind of pad it out with paper that makes it seem like there's more underneath the top layer of fries. I've also seen a case where a manager had a couple of baskets of refill fries and just dropped one on my table even though I hadn't finished the previous fries.

They also have a special seasoning that one can sprinkle on fries or sandwiches.

Their seasoning is so good, I pour it on everything.

I like burgers a lot and like most places I've tried. Except maybe Steak and Shake. I wouldn't NOT go there but it's not my fave...the thin sliced steak type burger. I like Red Robin a lot...not only the burgers ( fiery ghost style tavern) but also the steak fries and campfire sauce. MMMMMMM. ANd oddly, I really like the Quesadilla burger at Applebees.

At Disney I really like the Kobe burger at Yak and Yeti.

I was reading about this when the Warriors were playing the Trailblazers. Klay Thompson lived in the Portland area as a kid, where his dad played for the Blazers and where his family initially settled down after his dad retired. There were stories about his love for Burgerville.

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/art...erville-Portland-In-N-Out-Burger-13865158.php
If Klay Thompson likes them then I may have to fly to Portland or Seattle to try them (glad he is staying with the Warriors and sorry to see KD leave).

Pro athletes favorite chain burgers is also a good topic. I live outside the US and where i live the burgers are not very good. I have lived a lot in Houston and when in the US for a couple weeks then mostly in Houston. Here JJ Watt is like pro athlete numero uno and JJ likes Whataburger. For me Whataburger is okay but nothing special. Recently there was panic in Houston because Whataburger was purchased by a company in Chicago and so no longer Texas owned. JJ sent out a tweet suggesting we start a fund and buy it back. :) He also suggested if we buy it back then chicken honey breakfast biscuits all day not just for breakfast.

I was reading about this when the Warriors were playing the Trailblazers. Klay Thompson lived in the Portland area as a kid, where his dad played for the Blazers and where his family initially settled down after his dad retired. There were stories about his love for Burgerville.

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/art...erville-Portland-In-N-Out-Burger-13865158.php
I remember when Mychal Thompson played for Minnesota and was drafted by the Blazers. He was a great player. His son is a COMPLETELY different type of player but I like watching Klay play even more than Mychal.

Steak 'n Shake triple with pickle and onion. Culver's would be a close second. We are getting a Five Guys that should be opening in a few days. I'll have to try it. Sometime I get a taste for a few sliders (White Castle)

I do like Steak n Shake too and probably have been to maybe 10 different locations.....Its so freaking cold in every single one, I can't stand to eat there. Mind you this is coming from a person that keeps the house at 67 in the winter and 73 in the summer, LOL The food is cold before your second bite.

I do like Steak n Shake too and probably have been to maybe 10 different locations.....Its so freaking cold in every single one, I can't stand to eat there. Mind you this is coming from a person that keeps the house at 67 in the winter and 73 in the summer, LOL The food is cold before your second bite.
I am in a hotel right now and keep the thermostat at 62 at night. I always feel sorry for the hispanic women that clean my room in the morning. When i return the thermostat is at 78 and i know when they walk in in the morning they think what is wrong this idiot. It is freezing in here.

I have only eaten in SandS during the midwest winter and close to the door and do remember it being chilly.

You know who's underrated? Waffle House. They do a dang good burger there.
Ihop doesn't make a bad burger either. Nor does Denny's. Burgers are something greasy spoons are usually pretty good at.

For counter service, I would agree with Five Guys. I don't actually want to compare it to something you get table service, because that's just a very different comparison as they are generally more "gourmet" with their toppings and presentation.

I see some people have mentioned Red Robin and Fuddruckers. Both of these places were phenomenal in my area back in the 1990s. I had the displeasure of eating at a Red Robin a few weeks ago and I found it downright disgusting. Fuddruckers also. It's a shame. Not sure if it's just my area because the obviously do well elsewhere.
Back years ago, Red Robin used to be hands down THE place to get a burger. It is but a shadow of itself these days and I won't be going to the one near us any time soon.
As for fuddruckers, I found them years ago to be way too expensive. Although with all the new over priced places opening up, their prices seem relatively about equal or lower.
I've soured on Five Guys. Once the novelty wore off, what we're left with is way over priced. And it comes wrapped in foil a-la-high school football game snack bar.

Limiting myself to just the chains lots of people would know about, I guess In and out or Culver's would be the ones I would head to most often. I like A and W too.

Last edited:
No way! I'll have to tell my one brother as he worked in one near us wayyyyyy back in the late 70s!
They're still around. I just don't think they're as big of a chain as they used to be. I see them on the "Food" signs on the interstate when I travel pretty regularly. I bet you probably have one closer to you than you think.

Sorrry but i ccant even imagine eating a triple burger. The five guys single is about 830 calories and when i see the 830 calories on the menu board my knees shake and so i cut it in half and only allow myself to eat the second half the next day. If I did that with a triple i would have to fast for three days before i finished the burger. :)

We love Red Robin!

When we go on vacations we always eat at a Hard Rock Cafe if that city has it.

If you're lucky enough to have Culver's nearby - stop there. I could eat there every single day. They're based out of Wisconsin and in the last couple years just graced the Chicagoland area with their presence.

I do like 5 guys, but am not a fan of the actual restaurant. I have two near me that I can go to and I just am not a fan of the locations or how they're set up. I need a little better space to eat my meal for the money that's being spent.
I agree with you about Culver's. Great cheeseburgers, and really good fish and chips, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter