Favorite Burger

pahoben

DIS Veteran
There was recently a thread about burgers in WDW and after that I thought about my favorite chain burger. I enjoy and have eaten burgers my entire life and so have eaten many from the national chains and regional and some city chains. After years of exhaustive culinary evaluation my favorite burger is Five Guys Classic Hamburger with mustard onions and pickles. Great bun and meat with good flavor and texture-just a good simple burger. I like their fries also with just the right amount of salt.

I may need to double check something so interested in what others have as their favorite burger. I may have to buy and check again.

I’m not particular about my burgers as long as they’re grilled rare. I like a variety of toppings and condiments, although of course I have my preferences. Just don’t like when they’re too messy to eat without utensils.

Last edited:
Don't eat out that much but the ladies I wok with convinced me to try Five Guys this past school year and I love their burgers. Also love the whiskey bacon burger at Red Robin. Best burgers I ever had were from a little local bistro that closed a few years ago. I still think about those burgers :) Whenever I had to take people out for business lunches I would take them there so I'd have an excuse to eat one of those sinfully good burgers!

Don't eat out that much but the ladies I wok with convinced me to try Five Guys this past school year and I love their burgers. Also love the whiskey bacon burger at Red Robin. Best burgers I ever had were from a little local bistro that closed a few years ago. I still think about those burgers :) Whenever I had to take people out for business lunches I would take them there so I'd have an excuse to eat one of those sinfully good burgers!
Darn it. After your description now I am thinking about your local bistro’s burgers and of course never even had one.

Darn it. After your description now I am thinking about your local bistro’s burgers and of course never even had one.
I seriously miss the place! Everything on the menu was good, and they were always super busy. It was on main street in this small town and we used to walk over from work, they had these big glass doors that they opened up on nice days and you could sit at a table on the sidewalk and watch the people. They would let people sit at those outside tables with their dogs so very often you had your choice of puppies to pet while you waited for your food.

Our 5 Guys went out of business years ago, but in truth I wasn’t impressed with them. A good burger 🍔, yes, but seriously overrated, imo. And too messy/greasy I recall feeling.

I have never been to a Waffle House. I am kind of afraid to lol They don't have them where I live, but they sure do show up in the news a lot lol

If you're traveling and have a chance to go to one, you should check it out. I think we had a Waffle House thread here a while back. It's not fancy but tastes good. I wouldn't eat it every day but every once in a while it hits the spot.

If you're lucky enough to have Culver's nearby - stop there. I could eat there every single day. They're based out of Wisconsin and in the last couple years just graced the Chicagoland area with their presence.

I do like 5 guys, but am not a fan of the actual restaurant. I have two near me that I can go to and I just am not a fan of the locations or how they're set up. I need a little better space to eat my meal for the money that's being spent.

For counter service, I would agree with Five Guys. I don't actually want to compare it to something you get table service, because that's just a very different comparison as they are generally more "gourmet" with their toppings and presentation.

I see some people have mentioned Red Robin and Fuddruckers. Both of these places were phenomenal in my area back in the 1990s. I had the displeasure of eating at a Red Robin a few weeks ago and I found it downright disgusting. Fuddruckers also. It's a shame. Not sure if it's just my area because the obviously do well elsewhere.

My favorite for counter service is probably The Habit, love them! One just opened a few blocks from our house.
Table service is probably Red Robin, we go there pretty frequently and it's always consistent and endless fries!
I really don't like 5 Guys, way too greasy and it just disintegrated as I tried to eat it. I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.
I do love In-n-Out also, but I think The Habit is better.

Red Robin.....for years and years.
Once to Five Guys was enough and once to In and Out was enough. Not impressed at all
For counter service Carl's Jr

my favorite comes from a local Cajun place here in my town. I know, right? Who in the world would think a Cajun restaurant would do a good burger. Next favorite is the ones I cook at home on my flat top. Since I got that last year my grill has not seen a burger on it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter