FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many do. What is your question?

We try to plan in advance, but things always end up changing and we end up going to a different park or spending more time in one park and having to change our fast passes. If we want to book then the day of or a day or two before, is there a time of day thats better? are there typically still things to book, or should we just bank on doing anything important at rope drop?

We try to plan in advance, but things always end up changing and we end up going to a different park or spending more time in one park and having to change our fast passes. If we want to book then the day of or a day or two before, is there a time of day thats better? are there typically still things to book, or should we just bank on doing anything important at rope drop?
I've completely changed parks at the last minute, or day before. There tends to be more availability for rides in the evening hour than earlier in the day when you do that. I have been surprised to get fastpasses for rides by checking frequently. Sometimes you get lucky and they open up. :)

I booked at 8:00p on Friday, the 22nd, for the following day. Found 7D for 9:50p and after confirming, I Modified and refreshed a number of times and finally ended with a 12:25 time. I did the same for Space and ended up with an 11:00a timeslot.

Also day of, I could book a number of FPs and by Modifying, was able to move them to immediate use.

Always book something then Modify and refresh and you should be able to find a better time slot especially at MK.

Tickets, whether from Disney directly or from third-party sellers, can be easily linked to your MDX account. If there is an onsite reservation also linked to the same MDX account, you will have the ability to reserve FPs at 60 days.
I was referring to a way to connecting my cousin (CM) to our hotel reservation but using their CM guest tickets. Would that allow us to get FP 60 days out?

I was referring to a way to connecting my cousin (CM) to our hotel reservation but using their CM guest tickets. Would that allow us to get FP 60 days out?
You must link the CM’s MDX account to your MDX account. The CM’s name must be on the resort reservation if no one is using regular tickets.

After the MDX accounts are linked, the CM is the only person who can book the FPs by going into their own MDX account. Only the CM can access the Guest Passes that are linked to their MDX.

With the CM’s name on the resort reservation, the FP booking window opens at 60 days before check-in.

You must link the CM’s MDX account to your MDX account. The CM’s name must be on the resort reservation if no one is using regular tickets.

After the MDX accounts are linked, the CM is the only person who can book the FPs by going into their own MDX account. Only the CM can access the Guest Passes that are linked to their MDX.

With the CM’s name on the resort reservation, the FP booking window opens at 60 days before check-in.
We bought points from a DVC onwer with that being said will they be able to add my cousin to our reservation and then link MDX accounts?

We bought points from a DVC onwer with that being said will they be able to add my cousin to our reservation and then link MDX accounts?
Call and have them add the CM’s name.

You must link your MDX to the CM’s MDX. You invite the CM through the Family and Friends section of your MDX account. The MDX system sends an invite to your CM friend. So, you do need to know the email address that is connected to the CM’s MDX account when you add the CM’s name to the Friends section and then initiate the emailed invite.

That’s the only way in which to link MDX accounts.

You must link your MDX to the CM’s MDX. You invite the CM through the Family and Friends section of your MDX account. The MDX system sends an invite to your CM friend. So, you do need to know the email address that is connected to the CM’s MDX account when you add the CM’s name to the Friends section and then initiate the emailed invite.

AWESOME!! Thanks!!

One last question..... Would the CM need to be present when we check into our hotel?

One last question..... Would the CM need to be present when we check into our hotel?
No. With online check-in, you never have to stop by the front desk.

After your MDX accounts are linked and after the CM books the FPs, you’ll be able to see the FPs that are booked for the CM. Only the CM can see what’s booked for the Guest Passes in his own MDX.

Don’t worry about only seeing 1 FP, that’s just how the system is set up.

Gosh ok may be just one more question lol!! It would be the CM's MDX that would have to invite us correct? since they are the ones that are supplying us with the guest pass correct? Also would they be the only ones that can schedule the FP?

You can initiate the linking of the 2 MDX accounts using the process that is a few posts up.

It’s better for you to initiate the linking because all the CM has to do is accept the email invite.

Yes, only the CM can book FPs for the Guest Passes unless you are given full access to his MDX account. He would have to give you the login ID and password.

Quick question! Our window opens up tomorrow morning, it’s our first trip since FEA opened. I could have sworn I read somewhere that there’s no FP until after 11 AM but I can’t find it again to confirm, is that true or am I remembering wrong?

Quick question! Our window opens up tomorrow morning, it’s our first trip since FEA opened. I could have sworn I read somewhere that there’s no FP until after 11 AM but I can’t find it again to confirm, is that true or am I remembering wrong?

You remember correctly, but that limitation is gone now.

Gosh ok may be just one more question lol!! It would be the CM's MDX that would have to invite us correct? since they are the ones that are supplying us with the guest pass correct? Also would they be the only ones that can schedule the FP?
You can initiate the linking of the 2 MDX accounts using the process that is a few posts up.

It’s better for you to initiate the linking because all the CM has to do is accept the email invite.

Yes, only the CM can book FPs for the Guest Passes unless you are given full access to his MDX account. He would have to give you the login ID and password.
Ok cool!! You guys are the best!!

No. With online check-in, you never have to stop by the front desk.

Since we are adding my cousin (CM) to our reservation can I be the one that does the online check in or does my cousin have to? Also my cousin can get three of us in with a guest pass so I will be buying tickets for one of us. can that person still be added when my cousin schedules the FP or will that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter