FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying over the past few days at 60 days and there are no fastpasses at all for FoP, it looks like you need to be at 60+3 to have any availability whatsoever I'm afraid.
If you add all 11 to you fastpass it will only show you times when you can book 11 at the same time.

That's kind of what I figured based on reading other's accounts of obtaining them. I guess it helps to assume there's zero chance and any that pop up will be considered a miracle, lol.

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread and for everyone's advice and input about booking fastpasses.

I had my first ever experience with FP+ at 4:00AM this morning and I am SO glad it's over now, that is intense business. I was so nervous booking for a group of 11 people, none of whom have been to WDW before. FoP was a bust (as was expected) but we got everything else we wanted for both our MK and AK days around the times we wanted. I just popped back on now that I had a desktop (I booked on my phone) and Safari and Everest were both not an option for our group size on our only AK day. So thanks!

:thanks:

Reviving an old post, but am I getting this correct - if I book my FastPass+ as soon as I'm entitled with my room reservation, I can edit them if I decide before I arrive for my stay?

Thanks - so if I make the wrong choices my daughter can correct me and we can make the right selections together. :surfweb:
Yes.

ETA: There are several ways to alter your FP selections. You will see these choices on both the Disney website as well as the My Disney Experience app.

Cancel” if you simply want to cancel it. (If your looking to book a different FP in place of an existing one don’t use this method. Instead, see “Modify” below for the preferred method of searching for a different FP in place of an existing one.)

Modify” if you want to either change the time of your current FP or search availabilty for a different attraction. This will allow you swap out the old FP for the new one in one single “transaction” (this is dependent upon availabilty).

Change Party” if you want to either remove members of your existing FP party or (if there’s availabilty) add more members to your existing FP party.

See post #2 of this thread for detailed intsructions:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/

Last edited:
Thanks - so if I make the wrong choices my daughter can correct me and we can make the right selections together. :surfweb:

As long as there is availability of your preferred Fastpasses.....Good luck! :)

I realize this is probably a very simple thing to understand but I can't wrap my brain around it right now and I don't know what to search the forums for in order to get the answer. When people talk about FP being easier to get later in their stay, why is that? For example we have a 6-night stay starting 6/24, and our AK day is on 6/29. From what I've read it I will have more luck getting a FoP FP on 6/29 vs trying to get it on 6/24, but whyy?

Last edited:
I realize this is probably a very simple thing to understand but I can't wrap my brain around it right now and I don't know what to search the forums for in order to get the answer. When people talk about FoP FP being easier to get later in their stay, why is that? For example we have a 6-night stay starting 6/24, and our AK day is on 6/29. From what I've read it I will have more luck getting a FoP FP on 6/29 vs trying to get it on 6/24, but whyy?
Because Guests who have onsite stays that begin from 1 to 13 days before your arrival will have already booked FPs for their stays which overlap yours.

There’s only a finite number of FPs per day and all those people booking before you have had first choice compared to you.

Oh my gosh, I don't know why that didn't occur to me but that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation!

FWIW, I’d recommend having both the website and the MDE app available when you book FPs. When I did mine yesterday, I started on the website. It worked ok for a while but then I got the “Olaf with his head fallen off” message that something had gone wrong and the site wasn’t working anymore. Tried again and got the same message. So I switched to the app on my phone and it worked fine. The FPs I had made on the website before getting the error message were still there and I had no more trouble completing the rest of my days in the app and then going back and modifying some of them to be even better times.

Split stays, just want to make sure I understand.

Thinking of adding one night to my stay. Room only, before my package, if I do this will I be able to book my package FP when the room only 60 days opens up? Even if I have tickets with the package?

Split stays, just want to make sure I understand.

Thinking of adding one night to my stay. Room only, before my package, if I do this will I be able to book my package FP when the room only 60 days opens up? Even if I have tickets with the package?

Yes, but not for the additional day before the package starts. This is because MDX doesn’t recognize package tickets as valid before the package check-in date.

Yes, but not for the additional day before the package starts. This is because MDX doesn’t recognize package tickets as valid before the package check-in date.

Thank you! So it would just be for the days of my package.... I’m starting to worry about snow....thinking of adding a day

FWIW, I’d recommend having both the website and the MDE app available when you book FPs. When I did mine yesterday, I started on the website. It worked ok for a while but then I got the “Olaf with his head fallen off” message that something had gone wrong and the site wasn’t working anymore. Tried again and got the same message. So I switched to the app on my phone and it worked fine. The FPs I had made on the website before getting the error message were still there and I had no more trouble completing the rest of my days in the app and then going back and modifying some of them to be even better times.
I’ve been reading that a lot lately. I’ll plan on having both but I might just start on the app.

Whenever I see Olaf I find it best to logout and log back in otherwise it will keep happening.
This works for me as well, whenever Disney decides to give me Stitch or Olaf intead of taking me to where I directed the website to go...

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread and for everyone's advice and input about booking fastpasses.

I had my first ever experience with FP+ at 4:00AM this morning and I am SO glad it's over now, that is intense business. I was so nervous booking for a group of 11 people, none of whom have been to WDW before. FoP was a bust (as was expected) but we got everything else we wanted for both our MK and AK days around the times we wanted. I just popped back on now that I had a desktop (I booked on my phone) and Safari and Everest were both not an option for our group size on our only AK day. So thanks!

:thanks:
Glad you were able to get it done. It took me and my daughter 5 hours to get it done yesterday for a party of 12. She was on her computer at home and I was on mine and we were messaging back and forth to make sure we got overlapping times, as we had to split up the group to get what we wanted. It was def. worth the time. We managed to get FOP for 4 different days. My favorite ride of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter