• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I see Olaf I find it best to logout and log back in otherwise it will keep happening.
In the five hours it took me and my daughter to book our FP's, I can't tell you how many times I saw Olaf and had to refresh, or log out and back in...ugh...the most frustrating part. But we did it! And we got everything we wanted!

In the five hours it took me and my daughter to book our FP's, I can't tell you how many times I saw Olaf and had to refresh, or log out and back in...ugh...the most frustrating part. But we did it! And we got everything we wanted!
Were you on the app?

Glad you were able to get it done. It took me and my daughter 5 hours to get it done yesterday for a party of 12. She was on her computer at home and I was on mine and we were messaging back and forth to make sure we got overlapping times, as we had to split up the group to get what we wanted. It was def. worth the time. We managed to get FOP for 4 different days. My favorite ride of all time!

Whew, that sounds way more serious than my experience, but you did get FoP, so I'd say it was worth it indeed!

I couldn't find the answer to this on the first few pages...

In 2018 my DH and I will be traveling down to Disney with a group of friends. We are new AP holders and everyone else will be purchasing their tickets for the amount of days they will be there. My question is, will the main coordinator be able to include us when they select fast passes at the 60 day mark? I know AP holders can only book fast pass 30 days out but I wasn't sure how it worked if you were traveling with a group.

Thanks in advance!

I couldn't find the answer to this on the first few pages...

In 2018 my DH and I will be traveling down to Disney with a group of friends. We are new AP holders and everyone else will be purchasing their tickets for the amount of days they will be there. My question is, will the main coordinator be able to include us when they select fast passes at the 60 day mark? I know AP holders can only book fast pass 30 days out but I wasn't sure how it worked if you were traveling with a group.

Thanks in advance!
Anyone listed or linked via MDX to an MDX where an onsite stay is linked, shares the 60-day FP booking window. Whoever does the FP booking needs to include you in the grouping that has at least 1 onsite guest.

All guests with APs have 60-day FP booking windows if they have an onsite Stay.

Anyone listed or linked via MDX to an MDX where an onsite stay is linked, shares the 60-day FP booking window. Whoever does the FP booking needs to include you in the grouping that has at least 1 onsite guest.

All guests with APs have 60-day FP booking windows if they have an onsite Stay.

Oh awesome! Thank you, I didn't realize that the window opens with an onsite stay. Guess we will have to keep renewing to make sure we learn all the AP secrets ;)

Thank you so much for responding!

:disrocks:

Availability

The vast majority of the 60 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is little evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.

I saw this quoted in the other post and wanted to mention that I think some of more popular the M&Gs (Talking Mickey, Elena, Rapunzel) might belong in the Difficult category. It’s not hard to get something ahead of time but I find them as challenging to get day-of as BTMR, TT, and Soarin. I assume because of low capacity, but that shocked me the first time I couldn’t get Talking Mickey without splitting a party and half an hour of refreshing in May. I hadn’t seen anywhere that they were difficult but it seems pretty consistent that they can be.

if I use up my 3 fastpass+ early in the day, i know I can then pick a 4th through the app or kiosk, but once I use the 4th, can I select a fifth and so forth?

if I use up my 3 fastpass+ early in the day, i know I can then pick a 4th through the app or kiosk, but once I use the 4th, can I select a fifth and so forth?

Yes! Once you tap into your 4th you can start looking for your 5th. Remember to keep updating the app, new things appear all the time!

Yes! Once you tap into your 4th you can start looking for your 5th. Remember to keep updating the app, new things appear all the time!

This may be a stupid question but what is the best way to update the app? Close and reopen? Or actually go into App Store and ask for an update?

This may be a stupid question but what is the best way to update the app? Close and reopen? Or actually go into App Store and ask for an update?
That post actually should read “refresh” the FP area by choosing different times to see what pops up.

You can run the app updates in the App Store area of your phone if you think your MDE app isn’t up to date.

Hopefully an easy question but I have kind of confused myself.

We are doing a split stay starting on-site and then going off-site with 7 or 8 park days. One day we may do a water park or just have a non-park day, likely on the day we move off-site, which would man we would only be booking FP+s for 7 days.

Is 7 day FP+ restriction for APs consecutive days? Just wondering if we don't book any FP+ for 1 day in the middle of our trip, would we be able to book FP+ on Day 8.

Do I have to purchase Park Tickets in order to make my FP 60 days out? Can I purchase tickets after making the FP? We are staying at the Beach Club during our stay at Disney. I have a family member whom is an employee of the Disney and wanted to take us out to the parks as their guests while we are there. They say they can only make FP a week out but how does that work for us if we are staying on property? Can we still make FP 60 days out?

Do I have to purchase Park Tickets in order to make my FP 60 days out? Can I purchase tickets after making the FP? We are staying at the Beach Club during our stay at Disney. I have a family member whom is an employee of the Disney and wanted to take us out to the parks as their guests while we are there. They say they can only make FP a week out but how does that work for us if we are staying on property? Can we still make FP 60 days out?
Yes, you must have linked tickets.

Before FPs can be scheduled, the following two requirements must be met--there are no exceptions. Note that an onsite room reservation at a Disney-owned hotel is not required, but does determine how far in advance FPs can be scheduled (see here in Booking Windows).
  • A guest must have or be listed on an account created in My Disney Experience (abbreviated MDX) using a valid email address, and
  • A guest must have valid ticket media linked to their name on this account. In most situations, ticket vouchers (including those for Annual Passes) can be linked as well as tickets from third-party resellers such as Undercover Tourist.
Once the MDX account is created, anyone named on the account with tickets attached to them can have scheduled FPs.

Yes, you must have linked tickets.
Ok but is there some way to connect them to our reservation? if I read this right if the CM is linked or added to our reservation then we could get FP 60 days out correct?

• Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
    • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
    • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
    • Guests staying at the Swan, Dolphin, or Shades Of Green resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
    • (Beginning January 10, 2018) Guests staying at any of the following Disney Springs-area hotels and valid tickets linked to an MDX account: B Resort & Spa, Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort, DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace, Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Orlando, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.
    • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.
  • Offsite Guests - 30 Days Before Park Day:
    • Guests not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with tickets linked to an MDX account. Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.
  • Castmembers - 7 Days Before Park Day:
    • CMs not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with CM tickets linked to an MDX account. CM tickets include Maingates, Guest Passes, and comps. Note: If CMs are linked to or listed on accounts of either category above, they share that category's booking window (60 days onsite, 30 days offsite).

Ok but is there some way to connect them to our reservation? if I read this right if the CM is linked or added to our reservation then we could get FP 60 days out correct?

Tickets, whether from Disney directly or from third-party sellers, can be easily linked to your MDX account. If there is an onsite reservation also linked to the same MDX account, you will have the ability to reserve FPs at 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter