• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever have 2 trips scheduled less than 60 days apart, then you’d benefit from the rolling.

It’s a good reason to book a May 1st Trip. ;)
YES!!!! That's the logic I'll use to sell that idea!!! I'm SURE my hubby would buy it! HA HA HA....Thanks again for all your patience and answers!!

So it's the TRIP dates that need to be with 60 days, not a combination of trip date and FP window for next trip. I think I've got it now!

I wasn't sure where to put this question or how to word it to search.
My dd is on the fence about a couple of our scheduled fp+ rides. If she decides not to ride should she still scan her band or just let it expire?
She'll wait at the exit for any rides she opts out of.

My dd is on the fence about a couple of our scheduled fp+ rides. If she decides not to ride should she still scan her band or just let it expire?
Either way would work. If it's your 3rd FP, I'd recommend scanning so you can book your 4th right away (assuming you are in a tiered park).

I was booked in Preferred room at Pop when I did my FP's. I finally got another reservation for standard room. different res #. When I cancel the preferred room res, will I lose my FP's? It is outside of 30 days.

I am staying at WLV before this reservation, so was able to book FP at 60 days.

Thanks!

Last edited:

I was booked in Preferred room at Pop when I did my FP's. I finally got another reservation for standard room. different res #. When I cancel the preferred room res, will I lose my FP's? It is outside of 30 days.

I am staying at WLV before this reservation, so was able to book FP at 60 days.

Thanks!
Your FPs remain intact because they are based on your linked tickets.

Another option would be to cancel just her FP in the app. That would make it available for someone else to pick up if the window still had time in it. Or, if someone in your party wanted to ride it twice and she didn't want to ride, they could use her Magic Band to use her FP (I **think** this is still allowed.).

Haven't seen this posted (though I haven't read the entire thread) so I'm gonna ask...
During peak times (I'm talking New Year's Eve and the days around that) how long do FP lines take for popular attractions?

Haven't seen this posted (though I haven't read the entire thread) so I'm gonna ask...
During peak times (I'm talking New Year's Eve and the days around that) how long do FP lines take for popular attractions?

No different than any other time of year. From Post #2:
- It is rare for any FP wait at any normally-operating attraction to exceed 15-20 minutes. This includes the most popular or lowest capacity attractions such as Avatar Flight of Passage or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Ok awesome! I figured that like with everything else at that time the wait would be longer. It's great to hear that it's not!

I have never heard that they increase the number of FPs during heavier crowds. They need to keep the F in FP.

I have a trip planned for the end of December into early January. Because of reservation weirdness and of The Contemporary being essentially full during that time, I have three reservations that cover the time that I am going to be there. One is Dec 29 through Jan 1. One is Jan 1 through Jan 4. One is Jan 4 through Jan 8. They are all linked and for the same class of room, so I am hoping to not have to change rooms.

My fast pass question is this:

Will I be able to book for the entire length of the trip when the first reservation hits 60 days? Or will I have to wait until each one hits 60 days?

Taking this into consideration:

Parks With FP Tiering
A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

We will be arriving at HS at approximately 3 pm, and cannot arrive earlier. It will be our only day at HS. Our family would like to ride RNR and TSMM (both Tier A). I've booked a FP for 3-4 pm for RNR as the standby lines seem to be shorter than for TSMM. I did not book FPs for any Tier B attractions as the lines are all very short. Am I reading correctly that I must book and use all 3 FPs before being able to book an additional Tier A attraction? This seems silly...if so, I will book them prior to 3 pm and just let them lapse?

Taking this into consideration:

Parks With FP Tiering
A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

We will be arriving at HS at approximately 3 pm, and cannot arrive earlier. It will be our only day at HS. Our family would like to ride RNR and TSMM (both Tier A). I've booked a FP for 3-4 pm for RNR as the standby lines seem to be shorter than for TSMM. I did not book FPs for any Tier B attractions as the lines are all very short. Am I reading correctly that I must book and use all 3 FPs before being able to book an additional Tier A attraction? This seems silly...if so, I will book them prior to 3 pm and just let them lapse?

In the same park, yes.

Last edited:
So...booking two Tier B FPs that we have no intention of using, and letting them lapse will allow us to book a FP for TSMM (if available) as soon as we scan into RNR?
Yes. Book them for the morning and schedule the Tier 1 to open @ 2:30.

As soon as you enter the FP line, book your 4th FP.

There are steps in the FP FAQ Addendum Sticky. :)

So...booking two Tier B FPs that we have no intention of using, and letting them lapse will allow us to book a FP for TSMM (if available) as soon as we scan into RNR?
I will add that if you don't have any evening shows planned, you can ride TSMM from about an hour before through closing time with very little/no wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter