FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah...very interesting...
Yup. It took analyzing of @AngiTN ’s FP booking windows for all of her close onsite trips to determine what was occurring.

Prior to @MikeRx explaining he had an October trip, I was thinking he must have another onsite trip or it was Serendipity - only because I like John Cusack. ;)

Yup. It took analyzing of @AngiTN ’s FP booking windows for all of her close onsite trips to determine what was occurring.
Sorry to tag onto this conversation, but I wondered if this would apply to my situation? I just had an onsite trip end last Tuesday. When I go onto MDE now, I can only book FP 30 days in advance (I have an AP). I have another onsite reservation at the end of December. Will the 60 day rule apply like normal for booking FP's, or will my September reservation impact the December reservation? Since the 2 trips are 3 months apart, I'm thinking not, but I wanted to check.

Sorry to tag onto this conversation, but I wondered if this would apply to my situation? I just had an onsite trip end last Tuesday. When I go onto MDE now, I can only book FP 30 days in advance (I have an AP). I have another onsite reservation at the end of December. Will the 60 day rule apply like normal for booking FP's, or will my September reservation impact the December reservation? Since the 2 trips are 3 months apart, I'm thinking not, but I wanted to check.
Regular rule for you. You’ve already completed your September trip and your rolling window closed. So, your booking window opens at 7:00a 60 days out. :)

Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

Just want to make sure I understand this. My MDE account has me and Lark Junior listed. We have 6-day tickets. We will be staying on site, let's say from 3/1/18 to 3/7/18. The only two registered guests at the resort on the reservation are me and Lark Junior. We are the only two in the room.

Lark Junior's friend ("Friend") is going on a cruise and then will join us in the parks on 3/6/18. Friend is going to buy a 1-day hopper.

Friend's parent creates a MDE account for Friend, buys the hopper in advance, and links the hopper to Friend on MDE.

Now, somehow I can link Friend to my MDE account, and once I do, and once Friend has the 1-day hopper, I can book 3/6 fastpasses for all three of us -- me, Lark Junior, and Friend -- as soon as my fastpass window opens 60 days before 3/1? I do not need to make Friend a registered guest on our reservation in order to do this?

When we get to the parks, me and Lark Junior will have magic bands, but Friend will just have a one-day hopper card. We just use the two magic bands and Friend's card to tap into fastpass on the rides?

Last edited:
Friend's parent creates a MDE account for Friend, buys the hopper in advance, and links the hopper to Friend on MDE.
If parents of Friend haven’t created an MDE for Friend, just add Friend to your MDE account. List his name in the Family/Friend list as Disney is already expecting him. Link his ticket to him.

Then book FPs for all 3 of you and Friend enters the park and FP lines by using his plastic ticket.

If parents of Friend haven’t created an MDE for Friend, just add Friend to your MDE account. List his name in the Family/Friend list as Disney is already expecting him. Link his ticket to him.

Then book FPs for all 3 of you and Friend enters the park and FP lines by using his plastic ticket.

Wow -- that's easy. I'm actually kind of surprised they allow that. But, not complaining! Thanks very much.

Wow -- that's easy. I'm actually kind of surprised they allow that. But, not complaining! Thanks very much.

So even though Friend is not staying onsite, just because someone who is staying onsite has Friend in their MDE, Friend gets to book FP at 60 days and not 30 days? If so what stops people with onsite reservations from selling their “friend” slots on MDE to offsite folks, in order for off site folks to get FP at 60days?

So even though Friend is not staying onsite, just because someone who is staying onsite has Friend in their MDE, Friend gets to book FP at 60 days and not 30 days? If so what stops people with onsite reservations from selling their “friend” slots on MDE to offsite folks, in order for off site folks to get FP at 60days?

From Post #3, note last bullet:
Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at the Swan or Dolphin resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

Low room capacity and that most people don’t charge friends for an additional 30 days of FP booking window are limiting factors.

• If a guest has more resort days booked than ticket days in the MDX account, the FPs can be scheduled on any days during the stay. For example, if a guest has a 5-day stay from Monday to Friday but only 3 days of tickets, FPs can be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Question: I have a 5 night stay coming up but at present only 3 day tickets (e-tickets linked to MDE). On night one I have Christmas Party tix. For the remaining 4 days I want to make 4 days of FP+ selections. I do not think there is a mechanism to extend my 3 day tickets to 4 days with Guest services until I get there. Am I really stuck only able to book 3 days (instead of 4) of FPasses?

• If a guest has more resort days booked than ticket days in the MDX account, the FPs can be scheduled on any days during the stay. For example, if a guest has a 5-day stay from Monday to Friday but only 3 days of tickets, FPs can be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Question: I have a 5 night stay coming up but at present only 3 day tickets (e-tickets linked to MDE). On night one I have Christmas Party tix. For the remaining 4 days I want to make 4 days of FP+ selections. I do not think there is a mechanism to extend my 3 day tickets to 4 days with Guest services until I get there. Am I really stuck only able to book 3 days (instead of 4) of FPasses?
Did you purchase your etickets directly from Disney or through your MDE account?

If so, you can call Ticketing and they can upgrade your ticket and update the data in your MDE account.

From Post #3, note last bullet:

Low room capacity and that most people don’t charge friends for an additional 30 days of FP booking window are limiting factors.

So the number of friends who you can link and book FP for even though the friends are not staying onsite is the total capacity for whatever sized room you have booked? For example, you book a room that has a capacity for 4 people, but only 2 are staying in the room. You could add 2 friends that are staying offsite, and book their FPs via your MDE at 60 days? If true, it wouldn't be large numbers of FPs soaked up that way, but it is a loophole that I would not have thought of, and someone will always find and jump through the loophole. If it is possible, it seems to defeat the purpose of giving a FP window advantage to onsite guests, if friends can also get the benefit (even if limited by room capacity).

So the number of friends who you can link and book FP for even though the friends are not staying onsite is the total capacity for whatever sized room you have booked?
As soon as the FP Booking window opens, any listed or linked person with valid tickets can book FPs.

The room reservation “opens” the window; anyone, who is grouped with an onsite person at the time the FP is selected, shares the 60 day window.

As soon as the FP Booking window opens, any listed or linked person with valid tickets can book FPs.

The room reservation “opens” the window; anyone, who is grouped with an onsite person at the time the FP is selected, shares the 60 day window.

Wow.

Guess I was naive to that option. I can see why some FPs are harder to get than it seems they should be, at 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter