Fantasyland: "Be ready to lose something you love." ???

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I just heard on a Fresh Baked video from last month re. upcoming changes in Fantasyland: "Be ready to lose something you love." I don't like the sound of that one bit. Has anyone else heard something similar? If it came down to it, I could stand to lose Pinocchio, Snow White or Casey Jr. Mr. Toad and PP, however, are out of the question. There's no way it'll be PP, of course. Thoughts or any legit inside info?

David has been talking about that rumor for quite awhile now. Although he didn’t say it in the video you’re referencing, in the past he said probably Pinocchio.

I don’t wanna hear about any of those attractions going away...they are all classic Disneyland attractions...
Also, I feel that I have just reached the perfect age for fantasyland (26) I need them to stay for a couple more years/trips to ride them enough...:dumbo: ( somehow missed dumbo on our last trip...and did the rest just once... and so far I’ve never done Alice)

They did opimize the walkways and such stuff lately so I hope it is not just about optimizing walkways...that would be lame...

I hope they don’t rush any decision!
And in my opinion there are far more pressing problems like Tomorrowland...

I hope Toad has too much of a following to be impacted, but I have to think Disney would love to have that space available to create a larger queue for PP, complete with FP line.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of talk about Snow White's Scary Adventure and Pinocchio going away. With all of Tomorrow Lands problems you would think they would leave well enough alone and deal with that mess. That would be the smart thing to do. But putting Star Wars land in DCA would have also been the smart thing to do so who knows what they plan on doing. I don't have a lot of faith in the people who are planning Disneyland's future. Their decsions are so out of touch its almost as if they don't even go to the parks. So who knows.

I don't understand why Disney would need to take out anything to expand Fantasyland, there is the old Motorboat Lagoon Area, there is also a large area that is pretty much just dirt that they use to store water when doing rehabs on many of the water rides like the Subs, etc. and they could easily create underground storage for such water, which would actually make it better since they wouldn't loose as much water due to evaporation. Then they could build over that area and again not need to remove anything.

But there has been a long time rumor that Storybook Land Canal Boats would go away, which would also mean Casey Jr would go too I presume. While I would hate to see it go, it would free up a huge amount of land at an attraction with a very low ride capacity and since it is a water based ride, I would presume a very high maintenance cost.

I think Mr. Toad is probably safe, simply due to location, as we know Peter Pan is safe due to popularity and the uproar there would be if it were to be removed and the same goes for Alice in Wonderland, especially since both of those attractions received recent upgrades.

I could see Mr. Toad getting an update though.

I can't imagine Snow White being on the chopping block given that it is the one that started it all and was an opening day attraction.

Pinocchio could be up for the chopping block though, especially if they wanted to do a Beauty and the Beast ride right next to Red Rose Tavern, but that would also mean Snow White disappearing, which I don't think would happen, I think in that scenario, Mr. Toad does disappear and they move Snow White there. But again, loosing Storybook and related attractions would provide the needed space to do something on the scale of what is being done Tokyo. Sadly, I think it is all too likely that Disney will want to take the cheap route and copy this attraction rather than create something new and original for Disneyland.

Of course this thread is based on a video that is from last month, before they announced that Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway would be coming to Toontown and would not cause any attractions to be removed. It was originally speculated that this attraction would replace the Fantasyland theater and that could simply be what they were hinting at last month.

And there's the issue that Fresh Baked's track record isn't the strongest when it comes to rumors.

There has been a lot of talk about Snow White's Scary Adventure and Pinocchio going away. With all of Tomorrow Lands problems you would think they would leave well enough alone and deal with that mess. That would be the smart thing to do. But putting Star Wars land in DCA would have also been the smart thing to do so who knows what they plan on doing. I don't have a lot of faith in the people who are planning Disneyland's future. Their decsions are so out of touch its almost as if they don't even go to the parks. So who knows.
I do agree that Tomorrowland should be a much larger priority, but it probably won't be until we get someone new running the parks again.

Of course Disney has to be careful with the changes as well, they have eliminated a lot of entertainment while Knott's has been adding a lot and been moving to try to be more family friendly again so Disney may at some point find themselves being second to Knott's, especially among the locals. Now while the economy is as strong as it is right now that won't be a problem, but when it takes a nose dive, all local theme parks are going to rely very heavily on locals and passholders just to keep afloat and locals aren't going to look favorably on Disney if they get rid of too much of the history of the parks,, especially if they also have eliminated entertainment and raised prices so ridiculously high.

The other rumor as of just before they announced it was coming to DCA was that Philharmagic would replace the Fantasyland theater. Since Philharmagic is at DCA now, it is entirely possible that their original basis for this rumor is now dead.

I hope not the Carousel. But I could see them taking it out to improve space :(
They spent way too much money rehabbing and upgrading (adding the braking system so it stops in the same position every time to make it wheelchair friendly) way too recently for it to be removed.

Additionally, it is as much an icon of Disneyland as the castle is, this is one we can say is safe and will stay in the same approximate spot it is in now for the foreseeable future.

They spent way too much money rehabbing and upgrading (adding the braking system so it stops in the same position every time to make it wheelchair friendly) way too recently for it to be removed.

Additionally, it is as much an icon of Disneyland as the castle is, this is one we can say is safe and will stay in the same approximate spot it is in now for the foreseeable future.

I would think so as well, but they have moved it before, so you never can tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter