Fantasyland: "Be ready to lose something you love." ???

I hope they will leave Fantasyland mostly alone. I would rather they used area like the old motor boat lagoon. Rumors have been around for a possible Frozen mini land. I would think the motor boat area near the Matterhorn would be nice. I really like Mickey and the Magical Map and think Disney needs live shows, so I hope that stays, BUT it is prime real estate.

DLR seemed to be on a roll with decision making from maybe 2004-2015. As I have said over the last year, someone or some group of new people high up are making some or all the decisions differently from before.

:wizard:

Wasn’t this roughly when John Lasseter was creative director of WDI? It’s really a shame he screwed up his career. In a lot of ways, he was the best thing the company and the parks had seen in a long time.

Wasn’t this roughly when John Lasseter was creative director of WDI? It’s really a shame he screwed up his career. In a lot of ways, he was the best thing the company and the parks had seen in a long time.
I think Lasseter came on in 2006 when Disney acquired Pixar. So basically yes. But there were other people making good decisions too.

I do agree that Tomorrowland should be a much larger priority, but it probably won't be until we get someone new running the parks again.

Of course Disney has to be careful with the changes as well, they have eliminated a lot of entertainment while Knott's has been adding a lot and been moving to try to be more family friendly again so Disney may at some point find themselves being second to Knott's, especially among the locals. Now while the economy is as strong as it is right now that won't be a problem, but when it takes a nose dive, all local theme parks are going to rely very heavily on locals and passholders just to keep afloat and locals aren't going to look favorably on Disney if they get rid of too much of the history of the parks,, especially if they also have eliminated entertainment and raised prices so ridiculously high.

I couldn't agree with you more. And when that recession comes Knott's will profit greatly from those who will still spend money on such things. Knott's is such a tremendous value and a fantastic park. They are almost becoming what Disneyland was of my youth was. And when that next bump in the economic road comes Disney is going to have to deeply discount tickets to get anyone to show up. They have increased prices to such absurd levels that even if they cut 50% off some days, people still won't pay it in a recession. They truly have painted themselves into a corner.

I couldn't agree with you more. And when that recession comes Knott's will profit greatly from those who will still spend money on such things. Knott's is such a tremendous value and a fantastic park. They are almost becoming what Disneyland was of my youth was. And when that next bump in the economic road comes Disney is going to have to deeply discount tickets to get anyone to show up. They have increased prices to such absurd levels that even if they cut 50% off some days, people still won't pay it in a recession. They truly have painted themselves into a corner.

Naw. As long as Disney stupidly allows payment plans (with no interest!), AA’s will be in the parks, economic downturn or not.

Monsters Inc. would be a great addition to Fastpass/Maxpass. DCA definitely needs more FP attractions.

Monsters Inc. would be a great addition to Fastpass/Maxpass. DCA definitely needs more FP attractions.
I don’t think it needs it. Not since it opened have I stood more than 20 min in line for that ride. More often than not, I can walk almost all the way inside before the line forms.

Not if they no longer have a job. Tough to make payments with no income.
Well, if they don't have a job, then they aren't going to Knotts either. There's a difference between "Disneyland vs Knotts", and "Any Amusement Destination vs No Amusement Destination".

Disneyland prices are higher than ever and attendance is higher than ever. I think it's destined to be that way forever now, recession or not.

Disneyland prices are higher than ever and attendance is higher than ever. I think it's destined to be that way forever now, recession or not.

Disneyland and DCA during the last downturn was dead many days. Completely dead. And I must say I use to love going to the parks on those days. And the AP prices were over 50% less then what they are today. When the next one hits it will be that way again. No party lasts forever.

I just heard on a Fresh Baked video from last month re. upcoming changes in Fantasyland: "Be ready to lose something you love." I don't like the sound of that one bit. Has anyone else heard something similar? If it came down to it, I could stand to lose Pinocchio, Snow White or Casey Jr. Mr. Toad and PP, however, are out of the question. There's no way it'll be PP, of course. Thoughts or any legit inside info?

What is this, a quest for the Soul Stone?

As HydroGuy said, FL is perfect as is. A unique theme park experience that cannot be found anywhere else. FL has stood the test of time through all the ups and downs of the Disney corporation itself. Disney messes with that at their peril.

Last edited:
Minority here, but would be very happy for Mr. Toad to be replaced. Not a fan of the movie and do not like the ride especially the end.

I enjoy a leisurely sail on the Storybookland Canal boats but would love for the ride to be reimagined, a bit clearer/fresher connections.

I definitely agree on Tomorrowland needing an overhaul. I would be thrilled to have People Mover return.

I can’t see much fact in losing any of the dark rides in fantasy land if only from the standpoint that there isn’t any real estate to build something else. Considering how technical the newer rides have become, there just isn’t a foot print to build anything where any of the rides off of the castle are.
Now Casey Jr. or story book land could be a different story. If those are taken away then expect whatever they do there to incorporate the fantasyland theater area. With Runaway Railway coming to toon town, adding attractions in front the train station is really their only play for fantasyland.
Moving over to Motorboat/Nemo/Autopia, that will be a very involved project. And one that might not be touched until they finally decide what to do with Tomorrow land. All the Tomorrowland buildings were built for the 1967 new Tomorrowland and just can’t be retrofitted to use for any newer attractions, and Tomorrowland is in dire need of something new. The problem with the Autopia/Nemo area is that the Autopia track is on top of the Nemo show building so expect when one of them finally goes, they both will. Tomorrowland is definitely going to be a conundrum in that the footprint is small, and unlike other areas in the park, there is no backstage area to eat space from. What they decided to end up doing is going to take a lot of manipulating of the space they have.

I would love to see seven dwarves mine train come to DL. I don’t really want to part with anything though....

Minority here, but would be very happy for Mr. Toad to be replaced. Not a fan of the movie and do not like the ride especially the end.

I enjoy a leisurely sail on the Storybookland Canal boats but would love for the ride to be reimagined, a bit clearer/fresher connections.

I definitely agree on Tomorrowland needing an overhaul. I would be thrilled to have People Mover return.
Yes, bring back People Mover! That is my MK must do.

I completely agree with all of this. I've never been a Mr. Toad fan but I know there are many who are. This would be the only ride in Fantasyland that i'd be okay with getting rid of completely.

Yes, bring back People Mover! That is my MK must do.
As many are aware, PM will never come back to DL. Once DL took it offline, it lost its "grandfathered" status. When it went down (in 1998?) it was not compliant with the latest safety rules from the state. If they ever brought it back it would now need to comply which means the old PM will never come back - it is too unsafe. So it would need to be some new ride. Really a bummer. And I agree Disney has to DO something with those old tracks - that is not Rocket Rods. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter