• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

I would love to hear recommendations on excursions for our family (2adults 2 kids 5&9). Is it better to book through Disney or outside? Any tips we should know? Thanks so much!

I've only been to St Thomas in the past. It was on the Fantasy in Jan. 2013. That time, we did Magen's Bay on our own which was a bit underwhelming.
I posted pics about it here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/ec-esp-st-thomas-without-excursions.3340160/#post-52445053

This cruise, we're hoping to book an excursion to St. John's and if time permits, ride the gondola in St. Thomas.

Tortola has us stumped. I want to visit Virgin Gorda but my SIL has trouble walking and this looks really stenuous by land. Here's one thread with pics:https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-difficult-is-virgin-gorda-at-tortola.3476689/

This thread has been a good Tortola resource as well: https://www.disboards.com/threads/tortola.3403876/

The Virgin Islands NP is one of my favorite places to snorkel, and I hope to get there on this cruise. It has been a long time since I've been there, but there was an underwater snorkel trail mapped out.

You have to take the ferry to St John, and we usually go with Disney's excursion.

Has anyone changed to Copper Creek either pre or post cruise?

Any more interest in Candy Exchange? How bout the craft Fish Extender?

Has anyone changed to Copper Creek either pre or post cruise?

Any more interest in Candy Exchange? How bout the craft Fish Extender?

Yes! we were able to get a 2bd at Copper creek for 2nts precruise. So count us in for the meet and greet the night before we sail. Right now it will be 4 adults. JQ, myself plus his brother Tom and wife Deb. They've never stayed or visited Bay Lake or Wilderness Lodge so this will be a first for them. Looking forward to it.

Yes! we were able to get a 2bd at Copper creek for 2nts precruise. So count us in for the meet and greet the night before we sail. Right now it will be 4 adults. JQ, myself plus his brother Tom and wife Deb. They've never stayed or visited Bay Lake or Wilderness Lodge so this will be a first for them. Looking forward to it.
That's great! Looking forward to seeing you at TOTW!
I will try for CC in December.

Hi my family of 5 will go on our first dc this Aug. My daughter has read a lot about the fish extender program. We would like to join the group and exchange gifts on our trip.

Hi my family of 5 will go on our first dc this Aug. My daughter has read a lot about the fish extender program. We would like to join the group and exchange gifts on our trip.
:welcome:

I am sure Poison Ivy will see this. Are you interested in joining the craft exchange or the local Candy/ Snack exchange.

Will you be at WDW the night before? We're planning a meet at the TOTW lounge at BLT!

Welcome to our cruise meet. As bobbiwoz mentioned FE group 2 is open along with a crafters FE and candy exchange.
For FE group #2 - Signup details are here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...-2017-its-a-grand-slam.3540225/#post-56364435

SEND ME THE FOLLOWING INFO:
WHO IS IN YOUR GROUP

AGES OF ANYONE UNDER 18
Cabin #
ANY CELEBRATIONS (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
ANY Allergies/SPECIAL REQUESTS
Favorite Characters

:welcome:

I am sure Poison Ivy will see this. Are you interested in joining the craft exchange or the local Candy/ Snack exchange.

Will you be at WDW the night before? We're planning a meet at the TOTW lounge at BLT!
Thank you!
I have been trying to talk my husband into going to WDW before the cruise. So far no luck. We are driving down and plan to stay near DCL the night before. I think we will just try the fish extender program this time. Thank you

Thank you!
I have been trying to talk my husband into going to WDW before the cruise. So far no luck. We are driving down and plan to stay near DCL the night before. I think we will just try the fish extender program this time. Thank you
I'm glad you joined the thread!
It's your first DCL cruise, have you taken other cruises?

:fish::fish::fish:OUR FE GROUP #2 IS OPEN:fish::fish::fish:

FE #2 **OPEN**
PARTICIPANTS:

randlhomelori
miniac

FE #1 **CLOSED**

Poison Ivy and Johnny Quest
Kel-C_D27
Disneylovers - Cabin 1 (participating separately)
Disneylovers - Cabin 2 (participating separately)
Shananana
mom4mad
LouiseG
Karen924
Teke3
Bach's mom
Vivica
luckyeight
blu3
pekollie
goofydvc

Fish Extenders - CLICK HERE FOR FE Basic Information

Click Here for Fish Extender Gifts (FE) Pics #1:

Click Here for Fish Extender Gifts (FE) Pics #2:

NEW SIGNUPS: OUR 2ND FE GROUP IS NOW OPEN!

IF YOU'D LIKE TO JOIN, JUST LET US KNOW HERE ON THE DIS. I WILL CIRCULATE A DETAILED LIST VIA PM TO EACH GROUP INDIVIDUALLY.

NOTE: In order to participate in the FE, you must have a minimum POST REPLY count of 10 here on the Disboards. The list will only be circulated via "Private Conversation" sent to your inbox on the Dis. which can only be accessed after you reach 10 posts.

I've created a thread here on the test board to help get your post count to 10. http://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasy-dvc-cruise-testing-board.3543324/

OR, you can simply post here on our cruisemeet thread or anywhere on the disboards.

Once your post count reaches 10, click on my name "poison ivy" under my avatar and "start a conversation"

SEND ME THE FOLLOWING INFO:
WHO IS IN YOUR GROUP
AGES OF ANYONE UNDER 18
Cabin # -
ANY CELEBRATIONS (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
ANY Allergies/SPECIAL REQUESTS
Favorite Characters

This will be our first cruise ever. Sorry I think I just reposted someone post. Not sure how to communicate on a board.

This will be our first cruise ever. Sorry I think I just reposted someone post. Not sure how to communicate on a board.

It's not a problem to quote someone's message. The other day I was trying to deal with my dog, I put down my iPad and when I got back to it, it had a split screen! I still do not know how that happened, or how my husband got rid of it!

The FE is really fun.

We've participated in 5 fish extender exchanges out of our past 7 cruises and had a great time doing it.
If you haven't already done so, click on the below links to view several FE gift photos from a few past cruises.

Fish Extenders - CLICK HERE FOR FE Basic Information

Click Here for Fish Extender Gifts (FE) Pics #1:

Click Here for Fish Extender Gifts (FE) Pics #2:

Since many are new to cruising, and/or on their first Member Cruise, and may be considering joining an FE group, I thought it would be a good idea to share some additional FE pics. These were from last year's NYC Member Cruise - Sept 2016.

We'll call it FE Pics #3:

This is our 3 pocket Fish Extender. One of the early gifts we received were those cute handpainted wooden initial magnets that randomly appeared on our stateroom door.

DSC04702_zpsixkrptem.jpg

This FE group consisted of 14 cabins, so we had a Lot of activity for a 4 night cruise! Along with the door magnets, I'll try to show as many gifts as possible. Hopefully I have pics of each one.

DSC04079_zpsaxtnyzcg.jpg

Closeup of the bags in the above photo:

DSC04537_zpspmndqwgu.jpg

DSC04538_zps2nctuu5h.jpg

whatever you give is welcome. It really can be anything. There are no rules as long as you give something.

DSC04143_zpsggo2ztck.jpg

DSC04122_zpsu3l0nrbc.jpg

some might be store bought

DSC04062_zpsudttjzrp.jpg

before

DSC04534_zpstzuzvlto.jpg

after

DSC04535_zpsh1aheies.jpg

before

DSC04539_zpsetqo5pnv.jpg

after

DSC04540_zps0x9t4khz.jpg

others might be crafted

DSC04142_zpsixbqxfcj.jpg

DSC04677_zpsvmhgqjxl.jpg

or you might receive a combination of the two

DSC04057_zps7apwi1bt.jpg

DSC04688_zpshnwup6nu.jpg

(custom printed nylon tote and a variety of theatre sized candy shown top left of photo)

DSC04691_zps5dolj2rl.jpg

packaging can be anything you want as well. Many were 1 gift pak for the entire cabin.

DSC04556_zpse39u4pvb.jpg

DSC04138_zpsaksu2h1f.jpg

DSC04140_zpsgkqrqycs.jpg

before
DSC04678_zps341yixux.jpg

after

DSC04683_zps8vfo5alk.jpg

before

DSC04687_zpstojq4whp.jpg

after

DSC04692_zpsefjmkzzl.jpg

And last but certainly not least = our final gift to arrive.

DSC04750_zpsljev7wy6.jpg

DSC04751_zpsqamhurpl.jpg

which really helped carry everything home with the DVC totes they gave to each cabin guest

DSC05081_zpsiczrqtwk.jpg

(note: the blue tote shown above was from the Alaskan Member cruise but I'm glad I brought it)

along with the FE, we had to bring home all these Member Cruise gifts we received - x2!!

DSC05049_zpsbgb3aejn.jpg

Have fun.

Last edited:

:fish::fish::fish:OUR FE GROUP #2 IS OPEN:fish::fish::fish:

NEW SIGNUPS: OUR 2ND FE GROUP IS NOW OPEN!

IF YOU'D LIKE TO JOIN, JUST LET US KNOW HERE ON THE DIS. I WILL CIRCULATE A DETAILED LIST VIA PM TO EACH GROUP INDIVIDUALLY.

We would like to join please. PM inbound. This will be our first member cruise, and we are looking forward to it. Hoping for good points discounts!

Thanks, were looking forward to it. This will be our number 5 cruise. So we'll finally have gold status after this one. May try to squeeze another cruise in before August.

Is it possible to add castaway club status to our FE list? I have a few options for the different levels. I should probably ask ms. ivy that.

I smiled when you said " squeeze another cruise!" I suppose a lot of us have done that to hurry up the level ladder!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter