Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

What about the wheelchair sections? Do these provide good views, and do we have to be there an hour in advance?

What about the wheelchair sections? Do these provide good views, and do we have to be there an hour in advance?

When I was there in December, wheelchairs got the same FPs as anyone else, and then each color section had a specified area for wheelchairs. For example in the yellow section, it was the first row of the standing area, right behind the 10 rows or so of people sitting along the water. So, it was actually a really great view!

Can someone explain the Hungry Bear Dessert Party? It says it "begins 90 minutes prior to show time". Does that mean you can go to HB and start eating dessert 90 minutes before Fantasmic starts, and with the dessert they give you a FP? Doesn't seem like enough time to eat and still get to the Fantasmic viewing area when they tell you to be to the viewing area 60 minutes before showtime. What section is the FP for? And what is the "live entertainment"?

Hungry Bear Restaurant “Fantasmic!” Show Dessert Party
Includes sweet dessert selection and beverages
  • Includes a “Fantasmic!” FASTPASS
  • Includes live entertainment
  • Begins 90 minutes prior to show time

The trade off is you don't spend hours sitting there to get those spots, and toy can get a good view with a regular fp too without sinking a bunch of time...

People might have had to do this for the 1st showing, but I've never waited more than an hour for the 2nd show.

If you don't want to go to dl to pick up fp, you can book the dinner or dessrt package.

I like BB, but as a rare treat because it's so expensive even at the normal prices. But $61 for dinner package is too much. Plus, only being there two days, we're not spending an hour-and-a-half at a sit-down restaurant.

Seats that I used to wait no more than an hour for, will now take two-and-a-half hours (one-and-a-half for dinner) and then the hour before the show...plus $61 per person.

When I was there in December, wheelchairs got the same FPs as anyone else, and then each color section had a specified area for wheelchairs. For example in the yellow section, it was the first row of the standing area, right behind the 10 rows or so of people sitting along the water. So, it was actually a really great view!

Thanks. Only one person in our party will be in a wheelchair. What happens to the rest of us? Do we stand with her and her wheelchair?

While trying to book RBT for the F! package I kept getting no availability for my party of 7 on every day that we are there in March so I picked up the phone and called to make sure. I was told that they can only take parties up to 5 and we would have to split up and have two ressies with two separate names. We will be celebrating our Ohio family's reunion with my California DS and DDIL so it would be nice if we could have all sat together. What are the chances they would seat us near each other?

Thanks. Only one person in our party will be in a wheelchair. What happens to the rest of us? Do we stand with her and her wheelchair?

Since it is technically the last row of seating/first row of standing, you will be with her and I believe have a choice of either sitting or standing. Keep in mind this was how it worked two months ago - I would ask a CM for more updated info when you get there. The ones assisting at the FP distribution kiosks should be very helpful.

While trying to book RBT for the F! package I kept getting no availability for my party of 7 on every day that we are there in March so I picked up the phone and called to make sure. I was told that they can only take parties up to 5 and we would have to split up and have two ressies with two separate names. We will be celebrating our Ohio family's reunion with my California DS and DDIL so it would be nice if we could have all sat together. What are the chances they would seat us near each other?

Check in a bit early and ask about sitting together. You may wait a bit longer, but in general Disney is fairly accommodating.

People might have had to do this for the 1st showing, but I've never waited more than an hour for the 2nd show.

I like BB, but as a rare treat because it's so expensive even at the normal prices. But $61 for dinner package is too much. Plus, only being there two days, we're not spending an hour-and-a-half at a sit-down restaurant.

Seats that I used to wait no more than an hour for, will now take two-and-a-half hours (one-and-a-half for dinner) and then the hour before the show...plus $61 per person.

Or you to RBT or the dessert party. You're not loosing a lot of time, though. If you only sat for an hour to get a front and center spot (which I find hard to believe, having done it myself, it was at least 2), then an hour and a half dinner is no more wasted time. Because in theory, you'd spend a half hour eating dinner somewhere. Though we only spent maybe an hour at BB.

Or just get a regular FP.

I saw F! both ways in December, and the "wait" time pre show was never more than an hour. Only 30 when we did BB. You can get a good view sinking in only an hour, since you cannot return earlier.

Or you can just have a bad attitude and a bad time. Totally up to you.

Considering the previously offered dessert package was $60 and all you got was a box with some sweets (albeit heavenly absolutely to die for sweets!!), I think that the $61 package for Blue Bayou is more than reasonable. Not to mention that just to go to BB and order an appy, entree and a dessert, the cost would be very similar to the F! package price anyway.

I know you don't get a chair for Fantasmic, but overall I think it's a much better deal. Plus you have less waiting prior to the show, with the 30 minute return time. With the old dessert package, many people lined up for over an hour just to get their seating assignments.

I'm looking forward to this new system, especially the part of not having to walk around the sea of 'campers' hours before show time. And also, not going to miss getting there early, finding a standing spot, only to have a family weasel their little ones in front and then push the whole family in behind the small ones. This looks like a much more peaceful situation.

Plus I get supper at BB!! YAY!

Or you to RBT or the dessert party. You're not loosing a lot of time, though. If you only sat for an hour to get a front and center spot (which I find hard to believe, having done it myself, it was at least 2)

I was talking about the 2nd showing of the night, which only started 1 hour and 5 minutes after the 1st show (I think 1st show started at 9pm and ended at 9:25pm last time we were there and then we'd just arrive around the time the people from the 1st show were leaving and come in behind them and have our choice of seats for the show the started at 10:30pm...so, it's not hard to believe.

Or just get a regular FP.

I saw F! both ways in December, and the "wait" time pre show was never more than an hour. Only 30 when we did BB. You can get a good view sinking in only an hour, since you cannot return earlier.

Or you can just have a bad attitude and a bad time. Totally up to you.

It's not a "bad attitude" to point out that a system had gone from good to worse (at least in my opinion...and as I said, I hope I'm wrong. I'll know if a few months).

I love fast passes, but just not in this case. I'll still attempt to see Fantasmic, and love it!

I can second this as we are huge fans of seeing the second show. We always had front and centre seated spots with a 45 minute wait. I'm devastated about these changes because they make it very difficult for us to ever see the show again when we used to see it every night of our trip. We are a family of 2 adults and 4 very young children. We can't do standing only shows. Are we supposed to hold our kids up to see for 1/2 hour? That's impossible. So we need seating but there is no way to get seating without paying a small fortune. Which I guess we'll be forced to do. A sit down restaurant with 4 young kids is usually a terrible experience but it's either that or miss it altogether. I wish they could keep the second show the way it's always been. I know it's silly but Fantasmic has been our long-standing family tradition most beloved thing to do in any Disney park anywhere so I'm very sad to see it end.

Gotcha. We always do the first show because we have young kids. But we also always do one meal at BB, so combining that with the F! package worked really well for us and we felt it was a better system. Plus we had 5 kids with us, so easier to not have to sit around a long time before. (Personally, we don't have an issue with sit down restaurants and our kids, but we've been taking then out to them since they were babies, so they are pros by now). We also did it with regular fp one time and sunk in less time that way. So it seems to be an improvement for the first show, but maybe not the 2nd.

I totally agree with the PP that the meal packages are a much better deal than the dessert boxes were. Plus you get a center view instead of being off to the side.

I wish they still had the desert seating and all the other dinner things too. I enjoyed staking out our seats hours before. I do not like the new system so far. I wish they just had more chairs or make it stadium seating. The only thing BB has going for it is the cushion for us the food at dinner time looks like nothing we want.
I guess some say its better but I think i'm in the it looks worse to me then before group.

Does anyone know if F! will show on weeknights the week of June 8th? Or is it only on weekends then? I'm not sure how to tell when "high season" is for this show.

Assuming this year is like previous years, F! will be presented nightly during the summer (so starting with Memorial Day weekend and ending in late-August).

So i read through some of the posts and just wondering what is the order distributed for the fastpass? Yellow, green, blue etc. I am hoping to get a second show but good seating probably yellow. Any tips?

It really varies as to how quickly they go but you have the color in the correct order yellow, green, blue

It really varies as to how quickly they go but you have the color in the correct order yellow, green, blue
So is it sort of like when the first show runs out they start giving out for the second show? I am just hoping to get the second showing

If you want the second show (so would we if we go). I would find the cm in charge and ask about when they say you should come back. You want the 2ed showing not the first. They may be able to give you one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter