Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

They won't be able to give you a second show until the first has run out. They might be able to give you an approximate time to return based on how quickly they are going that day...

We just did the BB fastpass tonight and it was fantastic. Amazing view of the show. From reading on here I knew to go a little ahead of my time and ask for waterside. We are so glad we asked for that-it was wonderful. When we checked in with our kids we were asked if we wanted kids or adult menus for them. I let them know they were 11 and they said they would do kids menus from all kids 12 and under. We were thrilled since we figured on $61 each for them and got to pay kids prices. My kids much preferred the kids menu and loved the cute Mickey dessert. We also did the lemonade with the light up cube. So fun.

Has anyone else had this experience? We currently have RBT booked, but if my 10 yo DS (who eats like a bird) could eat for child prices I might be more inclined to book BB instead.

Also, if we have 4:20 reservations, will we for sure get tickets for the earlier show? That's the whole reason for doing the dining package. We arrive that day and I'm afraid we'll miss out on the FP for the first show by time we get to the park.

Has anyone else had this experience? We currently have RBT booked, but if my 10 yo DS (who eats like a bird) could eat for child prices I might be more inclined to book BB instead.

Also, if we have 4:20 reservations, will we for sure get tickets for the earlier show? That's the whole reason for doing the dining package. We arrive that day and I'm afraid we'll miss out on the FP for the first show by time we get to the park.

I was told that reservations at 6:30 and earlier would get FP for the first show.

Officially, the kids menu is still for under 10. However, when we told them that our 10yo niece was 10 but wanted to order off of the kids menu it was no problem and they did not charge us extra, at BB, Ariel's, NR, Carnation, etc.

We're making our first ever trip to Disneyland from June 5th to 7th. Our flight lands on Friday June 5th around 9:45am. I figure if we are lucky, we could be at the parks between noon and 1pm. So to see Fantasmic, I'm assuming we weill need to do the Dessert package or one of the dinner Fantasmic packages. Any recommendations for which? We're only there 3 days so I want to spend as little time waiting as possible. :)

We're making our first ever trip to Disneyland from June 5th to 7th. Our flight lands on Friday June 5th around 9:45am. I figure if we are lucky, we could be at the parks between noon and 1pm. So to see Fantasmic, I'm assuming we weill need to do the Dessert package or one of the dinner Fantasmic packages. Any recommendations for which? We're only there 3 days so I want to spend as little time waiting as possible. :)

Yes. And with the packages you only need to arrive 30 minutes before F!, not an hour with regular FP. So for time savings and because you won't be at the parks at opening, it probably is worth it for the time savings.

I was told that reservations at 6:30 and earlier would get FP for the first show.

I booked the BB package 2 weeks ago and was told the cutoff for the first show was 6:20. Our reservation is at 6:30 because we wanted the second show.

Hi there - I am planning to purchase the Blue Bayou dinner package. Just wondering, if the weather is no good and the show is cancelled what can be done? Are we able to get special seating for another night the show is on? I am guessing it may be just bad luck, because you wouldn't be able to cancel and rebook the following night if ppl reserve 2 months ahead?

The other question I have is: I have 2 younger children 6 & 8. Will they definitely be able to see Fantasmic from the Blue Bayou viewing area or do we need to aim to be at the railing? It is a good chance this may be the only time they get to see Fantasmic as we are coming from Australia so I want to make sure we can all enjoy it.

Hi there - I am planning to purchase the Blue Bayou dinner package. Just wondering, if the weather is no good and the show is cancelled what can be done? Are we able to get special seating for another night the show is on? I am guessing it may be just bad luck, because you wouldn't be able to cancel and rebook the following night if ppl reserve 2 months ahead?

The other question I have is: I have 2 younger children 6 & 8. Will they definitely be able to see Fantasmic from the Blue Bayou viewing area or do we need to aim to be at the railing? It is a good chance this may be the only time they get to see Fantasmic as we are coming from Australia so I want to make sure we can all enjoy it.

You definitely don't need to be at the railing to enjoy a great view of F! A lot of people might say you could enjoy a little better view a bit further back from the rail because the rail can slightly block your view. Being in the BB seated area will get you a very good view, no matter how close you are to the water.

When are you visiting? SoCal does not get a whole lot of rain year round. They will not accommodate you based on weather cancellations. But you could still cancel your reservation up to the day before your date without penalty. Within 24 hours you are charged $10 per person.

You definitely don't need to be at the railing to enjoy a great view of F! A lot of people might say you could enjoy a little better view a bit further back from the rail because the rail can slightly block your view. Being in the BB seated area will get you a very good view, no matter how close you are to the water.

When are you visiting? SoCal does not get a whole lot of rain year round. They will not accommodate you based on weather cancellations. But you could still cancel your reservation up to the day before your date without penalty. Within 24 hours you are charged $10 per person.

We are visiting towards late October. So, even not directly at the railing the kids will still be able to see if an adult is sitting in front of them? I went to DL for the 50th Anniversary, and went to F! only to have very tall people sit in front of me, I don't even remember the show at all, I hardly saw a thing! So seeing it this time is extra important :goodvibes Sounds like BB will be worthwhile, I have always wanted to dine there so it will be a very welcomed bonus to get F! special area seating, where I can really see :thumbsup2

We were a few people back from the railing in the BB bayou section, and the kids with us (ranging from 5-11) could see just fine.

F! is rarely cancelled, but it can be a modified show due to rain (the pirate ship is not nearly as good in the rain version). What we did is made 2 reservations. Then a couple of days before our trip we checked the weather. It was supposed to rain the day we had our first reservation for, so we canceled and kept the 2nd. You have to cancel before the 24 hour mark to get full refund. If you have multiple days, it might be worth doing to make sure you get to see it on a non-rain day if that is your concern.

Great advice, thank you. I have a 10 day DL pass so I could book in a couple of days.

I booked the BB package 2 weeks ago and was told the cutoff for the first show was 6:20. Our reservation is at 6:30 because we wanted the second show.

Thank you for this info! I hadn't even thought about which show we would get, and I'd prefer the earlier show. Just changed our reservation to 6:20. :)

Thank you for this info! I hadn't even thought about which show we would get, and I'd prefer the earlier show. Just changed our reservation to 6:20. :)

I really think it depends on the night and what time the F! shows are at. I made a reservation for BB in June, and was told that the cutoff for the first show was 6:45 (9:00 F! show).

Can anyone please give an indication of how long it would take to eat a meal at BB? We could only get a 8:45pm sitting for the 22nd, and I am worried this is going to clash with the fireworks. Also, at what point are you given the Fast Passes for Fantasmic? Thanks!

I would allow about an hour to dine at the Blue Bayou (two courses - starter and entree). It might be longer depending on how long you have to wait for the table to be ready. Given that your reservation is at 8:45 pm and fireworks are at 9:30 pm, I think you'll be hard pressed to check-in, be seated, order, eat, pay the bill, and find a viewing spot in 45 minutes. I think most folks have reported being given the FP for F! after you've pay for the meal.

Yeah I know, so frustrating! We only have one night for fireworks & Fantasmic as the rest of our days are week days. Apart from the fact that BB costs so much, I don't want to rush the dining part either! Our other option is a 5:50pm dinner and 9pm showing of Fantasmic, but again, a clash! :(

Oh, and how did you know those were my reservation times? Very resourceful :)

Yeah I know, so frustrating! We only have one night for fireworks & Fantasmic as the rest of our days are week days. Apart from the fact that BB costs so much, I don't want to rush the dining part either! Our other option is a 5:50pm dinner and 9pm showing of Fantasmic, but again, a clash! :(

Oh, and how did you know those were my reservation times? Very resourceful :)

I've heard that they will be doing the fireworks projections in the F! area, so you could see the 9pm show and stay seated there for the fireworks. You will have a perfect view of them in the sky, you'll just miss out on whatever is happening around the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter