FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

The weather at Disneyland is easier to predict than Disneyworld and events are less prone to cancellation. If there will be a rainstorm or strong winds the weather apps will predict it by the night before so you will know if you need to cancel the dining package before the no-show fee kicks in.
I do understand CA weather as I live in Northern CA and am a DL Vet however, I have been there on a night where the weather looked just fine and then they cancelled the fireworks so, anything can occur to cause a cancellation. I'm just curious if anyone has had a cancellation and if they did receive like a special seating for another night or something.

This might be the longest span of time I've seen so many Disney parks blog questions go unanswered. Usually one or two will get responses.

For what it's worth...I called dining today. The first person I got said they would start taking reservations for Blue bayou fantasmic dining on July 6th. She also said if you have a current reservation they would change it over that day.
After hanging up I realized my res was for the MSEP package so I called back to see if that would be convertible. The person who answered transferred me to a "lead". He said they have no information on fantasmic packages. They are hoping to be available by early July for The 17th opening day but he says they have been getting no information yet. He did say to keep the reservation in case and to keep calling back.
So...not sure if the first person was leaking info or just guessing but I'm hoping for the best. I currently have a regular BB reservation and a MSEP BB for a different night. Would like to drop one soon so someone else can pick up.
I'll post if I learn more.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/11807/Disneyland_Resort_Update_for_June_19__June_25_2017

This site is great!
They have news on Fantasmic!
Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix runs Mouseplanet and she is great!

From the website you can read it there by I am posting here. The credit goes to Mouseplanet.

From Mouseplanet:
We learned that Fantasmic dining packages will go on sale "soon," though we were unable to confirm any details about possible package offerings. When Fantasmic went on hiatus last year, Disneyland converted the Fantasmic dining packages into parade viewing packages, first for the Paint the Night parade, and then for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Cast members at the locations currently offering the dining packages – Aladdin's Oasis and the Blue Bayou – say they have not been how the new Fantasmic packages will work.

It seems that Disney might expand the dining package program to additional locations for a month, to take advantage of the high demand created by the return of Fantasmic and the final month of the Main Street Electrical Parade's "return engagement." It's possible we could see packages again offered at River Belle Terrace, and perhaps even at the Carnation Cafe.

Disneyland officials would not say if the Fantasmic! dessert party will return, or whether there will be any sort of new upcharge offering. There has also been no word of an added-charge preview party, but with the popularity of both the Tower of Terror "final farewell" event and the Guardians of the Galaxy preview events, it seems certain Disney could turn a profit by selling tickets to the final dress rehearsal on July 16th. The final panels of the D23 Expo end at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday night, offering a large potential audience.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/11807/Disneyland_Resort_Update_for_June_19__June_25_2017

This site is great!
They have news on Fantasmic!
Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix runs Mouseplanet and she is great!

From the website you can read it there by I am posting here. The credit goes to Mouseplanet.

From Mouseplanet:
We learned that Fantasmic dining packages will go on sale "soon," though we were unable to confirm any details about possible package offerings. When Fantasmic went on hiatus last year, Disneyland converted the Fantasmic dining packages into parade viewing packages, first for the Paint the Night parade, and then for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Cast members at the locations currently offering the dining packages – Aladdin's Oasis and the Blue Bayou – say they have not been how the new Fantasmic packages will work.

It seems that Disney might expand the dining package program to additional locations for a month, to take advantage of the high demand created by the return of Fantasmic and the final month of the Main Street Electrical Parade's "return engagement." It's possible we could see packages again offered at River Belle Terrace, and perhaps even at the Carnation Cafe.

Disneyland officials would not say if the Fantasmic! dessert party will return, or whether there will be any sort of new upcharge offering. There has also been no word of an added-charge preview party, but with the popularity of both the Tower of Terror "final farewell" event and the Guardians of the Galaxy preview events, it seems certain Disney could turn a profit by selling tickets to the final dress rehearsal on July 16th. The final panels of the D23 Expo end at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday night, offering a large potential audience.

This is interesting. I wonder how a hard ticket event for Sunday night would work with the park being open until midnight to regular guests.

This is interesting. I wonder how a hard ticket event for Sunday night would work with the park being open until midnight to regular guests.
They may shut down the west side of the park early. So the overall park is still open but you can only do Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street. That is what they did for the Annual Passholder Indiana Jones 20th anniversary event.

I just called Disney dining and was told that they will start booking dining packages on July 6th! Hoping it's true, and am assuming it is since I was given a specific date.

The person I spoke with told me that I would only be able to switch my current Blue Bayou reservation to the dining package if there are still any dining packages available. She made it seem like there will be limited availability. I'm thinking I might make a reservation for River Belle Terrace as well in case they end up having a Fantasmic! package for that location (I know they did two years ago, but we have only ever done Blue Bayou).

I'm not visiting until November and am so excited to see things coming back to the park!

I was eagerly awaiting ROL at AK when we visited in March and I checked every morning as soon as I woke up and scored my desired dinging package. Good luck getting your dining package :)
I'm going in Nov. too for my son's bday. He has no idea.

I just called Disney dining and was told that they will start booking dining packages on July 6th! Hoping it's true, and am assuming it is since I was given a specific date.

The person I spoke with told me that I would only be able to switch my current Blue Bayou reservation to the dining package if there are still any dining packages available. She made it seem like there will be limited availability. I'm thinking I might make a reservation for River Belle Terrace as well in case they end up having a Fantasmic! package for that location (I know they did two years ago, but we have only ever done Blue Bayou).

This is great news. Most likely they will be booking packages at Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, River Belle and Carnation Cafe until the Main st. parade dining package is finished on August 20th.
I am checking the website several times a day.

You will likely be able to switch as long as you secure a place on the day of your reservation. Abbey are you going in July?

This is great news. Most likely they will be booking packages at Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, River Belle and Carnation Cafe until the Main st. parade dining package is finished on August 20th.

You will likely be able to switch as long as you secure a place on the day of your reservation. Abbey are you going in July?

We are visiting August 13th-16th! So excited! I'm still hoping they do a dessert party similar to WOC. Can't wait for the official announcement!

Wonderful. I will be there August 17th through 23rd. We am doing the parade dining at Blue Bayou on the 17th. Great! I hope they have a dessert party option too!

Based on this and the past I went and booked a ADR for Carnation Cafe & Riverbelle Terrace in hopes of being able to switch over to the Fantasmic dining package. I guess we will have to just wait and see what happens.:tigger:

Based on this and the past I went and booked a ADR for Carnation Cafe & Riverbelle Terrace in hopes of being able to switch over to the Fantasmic dining package. I guess we will have to just wait and see what happens.:tigger:
I think that is a safe bet! I will be doing it as well.

I do understand CA weather as I live in Northern CA and am a DL Vet however, I have been there on a night where the weather looked just fine and then they cancelled the fireworks so, anything can occur to cause a cancellation. I'm just curious if anyone has had a cancellation and if they did receive like a special seating for another night or something.
It can appear windy at ground level, and still have fireworks as the wind is calm enough at the fireworks elevations. And as always, it can be calm at ground level and the winds aloft can be too much for fireworks. You get to where you can predict it yourself if you watch the test balloons enough. Remember, DIsney does not call the fireworks off. The Anaheim Fire Marshal makes the call, and can also stop the show midway should winds kick up mid show.

As far as special seating another night, no. Most are sold out, so if they moved everyone from night 1 to night 2, which is already sold out, it would be overly crowded.

Has anyone heard any news or rumors about Fantasmic! Desert Parties? We will be there toward the end of the week it opens. We already have meals planned, but would potentially be interested in a desert party if available. It would be nice to know soon so we can budget for it.

Noting announced yet...there was no Dessert Party available anymore at the close of F!...but with the WOC offering there is hope by a lot of us that they will bring it back in some form.

Fingers crossed that they have something!! I don't want to wait in line for 2 hours to get a spot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter