FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

So we arrived at the RBT seating area about 8:40 for the 9:00 show on Monday and were in the back. (That's what I wanted anyways because I knew I wanted to take a bunch of photos and didn't want to annoy people behind me.) I'm not sure if they would let you stand. Behind the seating area is the narrow walking corridor how you get/in.out of the section. There is a VIP seating area on the next level up behind the seating area/walkway and standing below might block some of their view.

It seemed like the back row filled in last, or at least they let you pick where you wanted. There was a couple with young kids next to us and an ECV that arrived about the same time we did.

PHXscuba
Thanks for that. How was your view from the back while sitting? Is it hit or miss being able to see over the heads of people in front of you? Can you see over the railing from the back of the section?

I just looked at my iPhone photos. I was sitting Indian-style on the ground (I did shift around places with DH because a large man ended up partly in front of me) and my camera shows heads in the foreground, but only about up to about rail-height. The base of the barges with the princesses ended up about top-of-rail too. And that's with my camera at or just above eye level. So you could see well if you sit staggered and zoom in a little. If I recall from previous threads you are a pretty good photographer and could definitely make it work from that level. Or pad your knees with a jacket and gain a few extra degrees.

PHXscuba

I just looked at my iPhone photos. I was sitting Indian-style on the ground (I did shift around places with DH because a large man ended up partly in front of me) and my camera shows heads in the foreground, but only about up to about rail-height. The base of the barges with the princesses ended up about top-of-rail too. And that's with my camera at or just above eye level. So you could see well if you sit staggered and zoom in a little. If I recall from previous threads you are a pretty good photographer and could definitely make it work from that level. Or pad your knees with a jacket and gain a few extra degrees.

PHXscuba
Thanks PHXscuba. I would definitely be using a zoom lens so hopefully I could zoom over the heads. I was wondering about putting something under my knees to get just a smidge of height.

Any chance you might post a photo so I can get an idea of the view?

Thanks PHXscuba. I would definitely be using a zoom lens so hopefully I could zoom over the heads. I was wondering about putting something under my knees to get just a smidge of height.

Any chance you might post a photo so I can get an idea of the view?

I haven't posted any photos here since I was using Photobucket before. Can you point me to an instructional link? I have the photos on my computer.

PHXscuba

I haven't posted any photos here since I was using Photobucket before. Can you point me to an instructional link? I have the photos on my computer.

PHXscuba
I haven't done it myself (I use Flickr, and BTW, they do still offer free accounts). But I believe you can drag and drop a photo into your reply, or you can use the "upload a file" option. I think there is a limit on the file size though.

I've been able to drag and drop photos directly into posts or use the "Upload a File" button to the lower right. It'll upload the photo and then ask if you want to include it as a thumbnail or the full image. I tried uploading a 6.5 MB photo and it said it was to big to process.

I haven't done it myself (I use Flickr, and BTW, they do still offer free accounts). But I believe you can drag and drop a photo into your reply, or you can use the "upload a file" option. I think there is a limit on the file size though.

I'm pretty sure I held the camera up higher to get the fire-on-water with the dragon, but you can see what's possible from the back row as long as no one's directly in front of you (the first photo shows the half-heads of the people sitting in front of me).

IMG_4220.JPG IMG_4263.JPG IMG_4281.JPG

PHXscuba

I suppose there are pros and cons to anywhere in the viewing area. I was in the second row, seated on the ground (cross legged) and the fencing was pretty noticeable. For me, the railing was right about at stage level. So it cut through almost anything that was on the water.
DSC_0115_zps7qdivxpm.jpg

Planning to head to the parks on Saturday. Does anyone know what time they start distributing fastpasses for the second showing of Fantasmic? Based on what I've read on the forums, it seems like fastpasses for the first show are gone around 9 AM during July/early August. I was wondering if this is still the case. Thanks!

I suppose there are pros and cons to anywhere in the viewing area. I was in the second row, seated on the ground (cross legged) and the fencing was pretty noticeable. For me, the railing was right about at stage level. So it cut through almost anything that was on the water.

Us too...we were front row at the rail and I found it in the way for viewing. Our kids wanted to sit there though to ensure no person was blocking

Planning to head to the parks on Saturday. Does anyone know what time they start distributing fastpasses for the second showing of Fantasmic? Based on what I've read on the forums, it seems like fastpasses for the first show are gone around 9 AM during July/early August. I was wondering if this is still the case. Thanks!

Hi there I have the same question, we will be there this weekend.. and we are wondering what time to show up to get second show FP for Fantasmic... Anyone got any info?

Hi there I have the same question, we will be there this weekend.. and we are wondering what time to show up to get second show FP for Fantasmic... Anyone got any info?
When I went back in the summer, we got our fastpass around 9:15 AM which was about an hour after parking opening so dina444444's advice is on point.

We are getting MAX pass for our 1 day trip but I don't think that Fantasmic is an option, or is it?
If not, where is the fp located?

Around what time have fp been running out for the show?
The last I read was that FPs were still running out within the first 2.5 or so hours of the day.

We are getting MAX pass for our 1 day trip but I don't think that Fantasmic is an option, or is it?
If not, where is the fp located?
Correct, F! is not part of the Maxpass system. Which in one way is good; it means it's still disconnected (getting one doesn't impact getting an attraction FP). The FP distribution takes place next to the Mark Twain dock.

(Double posting - sorry if you read this on another F! thread.)

I have a Cafe Orleans Fantasmic 2nd show dining package reservation for this Friday (the 17th). Will my family find a decent spot if we show up only half an hour early? I have read that they allow Hungry Bear people in the BB and CO area for the 2nd show. Does anyone have recent experience with the 2nd show dining packages? Just wondering if it it worth the money for the dinner if we can only get a spot way to the left if only getting there 30 min prior. I also have an 2nd show Hungry Bear reservation and so if they are all allowed in the same area maybe we should just go for that one? I really want to see the fireworks in front of the castle so that is why we won't be getting to the dining package area any sooner. TIA!!

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere up the thread, but a couple questions about RBT dining packages --

1. Does anyone have photos of the view? I'd hate to pay this much $$ and have a lousy view from the back of the patio.
2. It seems like last time I read about this, if F! was cancelled there was no refund for the dining packages. Is this still true? It seems like there's a 24 hour cancellation window ... if it's likely that F! will be cancelled due to weather AFTER the cancellation window passes, are there any exceptions if you want to cancel your meal?

Thanks.

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere up the thread, but a couple questions about RBT dining packages --

1. Does anyone have photos of the view? I'd hate to pay this much $$ and have a lousy view from the back of the patio.
2. It seems like last time I read about this, if F! was cancelled there was no refund for the dining packages. Is this still true? It seems like there's a 24 hour cancellation window ... if it's likely that F! will be cancelled due to weather AFTER the cancellation window passes, are there any exceptions if you want to cancel your meal?

Thanks.

We did this package last July and were seated near the back of the patio up against the building. I still felt that it was worth it because we were seated for the show and the dinner was really good too. We especially loved the dessert :)

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter