FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

The Bf and I are visiting DL on Sept 9th - 12th. It will be my 2nd time and his 1st. I was looking into booking the Blue Bayou for the Fantasmic Dinner Package on Sept 9th. If anyone needs to cancel could you please shot me a msg and let me know. I would really like my Bf to experience both the restaurant and Fantasmic! Thanks in advance!

Keep checking online for cancellations. Check a few times a day. There is a good chance that you may find an opening sometime during your dates.

The Bf and I are visiting DL on Sept 9th - 12th. It will be my 2nd time and his 1st. I was looking into booking the Blue Bayou for the Fantasmic Dinner Package on Sept 9th. If anyone needs to cancel could you please shot me a msg and let me know. I would really like my Bf to experience both the restaurant and Fantasmic! Thanks in advance!
Yeah, River Belle Terrace is closed that week for refurbishment, so only blue bayou and hungry bear has F! packages. Maybe they will add extra packages to BB because of the high demand of RBT being closed. Keep looking!

Yeah, River Belle Terrace is closed that week for refurbishment, so only blue bayou and hungry bear has F! packages. Maybe they will add extra packages to BB because of the high demand of RBT being closed. Keep looking!
I will keep trying! Thank you! :)

Keep checking online for cancellations. Check a few times a day. There is a good chance that you may find an opening sometime during your dates.

Exactly this ! Due to a new lucrative job I just landed we are getting new passes in September and originally only found an 8:40pm BB fantasmic reservation but my perseverece paid off when I got a 4:40pm one yesterday for Sept. 16th!
I easily checked 8-10 times a day lol so you never know!

So..... anyone else wake up super early, keep checking online and then call in right at opening only to find that they're NOT doing reservations for October 1st at the moment? Not 60 days in advanced? Grrrrr....

So..... anyone else wake up super early, keep checking online and then call in right at opening only to find that they're NOT doing reservations for October 1st at the moment? Not 60 days in advanced? Grrrrr....
Me! Got up at 4am and nothing. Waited on hold and nothing and now I'm awake

Me! Got up at 4am and nothing. Waited on hold and nothing and now I'm awake

The CM that I got was less than friendly, so I'm sure she had been getting the same question since the phone lines opened. It's just interesting that they haven't figured out the schedule for F! yet. Isn't it always the same schedule? (weekends only, 9:00 and 10:25 with an occasional third show thrown in during peak times)

Last edited:
I have a sorta strange question for those who have experienced a dinner package in the past (preferably Fantasmic!) who could shed a little light. My boyfriend and I booked a BB package online for Sept 17th with the 1030 show. We'll be celebrating our anniversary the same day so I'll probably mention that whenever we check in. The package includes a dessert already but my question is - how likely is it that they would end up including a little extra to our dessert for the occasion? I don't expect extra food, just something along the lines of writing "Happy Anniversary" on the plate or something similar. Has anybody done the package while celebrating a birthday or anniversary at the same time?

The CM that I got was less than friendly, so I'm sure she had been getting the same question since the phone lines opened. It's just interesting that they haven't figured out the schedule for F! yet. Isn't it always the same schedule? (weekends only, 9:00 and 10:25 with an occasional third show thrown in during peak times)

Exactly what I was thinking. I had a feeling it may not be ready since the park calendar was not fully loaded yet

I have a sorta strange question for those who have experienced a dinner package in the past (preferably Fantasmic!) who could shed a little light. My boyfriend and I booked a BB package online for Sept 17th with the 1030 show. We'll be celebrating our anniversary the same day so I'll probably mention that whenever we check in. The package includes a dessert already but my question is - how likely is it that they would end up including a little extra to our dessert for the occasion? I don't expect extra food, just something along the lines of writing "Happy Anniversary" on the plate or something similar. Has anybody done the package while celebrating a birthday or anniversary at the same time?

I'm sure they could do a little something for you. (I know the WOC Dessert Party can do a little something special for celebrations, so I would think this wouldn't be a problem.) The more notice you can give them, though, the better. I would call the Dine Line to note it on your reservation, if you haven't already done so. Repeat it at the podium when you check in. And make sure to wear "I'm Celebrating" buttons, too.

The more notice you can give them, though, the better. I would call the Dine Line to note it on your reservation, if you haven't already done so. Repeat it at the podium when you check in. And make sure to wear "I'm Celebrating" buttons, too.

I was going to call today or tomorrow anyway because I was a little guilty of fudging the system to get a reservation. We couldn't find a reservation for 2 no matter which day or time we tried over the course of a month's time (we're AP) so I made a reservation for 3. Thanks for the advice!

how strict are they on the ages for the dinner packages? We have a booking for the BB dinner package but our 10yr old girl is only a small eater and there is no chance she would eat a full adults meal. Will they allow her to have the kids package which is $25 instead of $65 or because she has an adult park ticket will we have to pay the $65 anyway?
Thx

how strict are they on the ages for the dinner packages? We have a booking for the BB dinner package but our 10yr old girl is only a small eater and there is no chance she would eat a full adults meal. Will they allow her to have the kids package which is $25 instead of $65 or because she has an adult park ticket will we have to pay the $65 anyway?
Thx

It is really up to your server. I wouldn't lie about it, but I've had servers "decide" one of my kids was still a kid price. I've had ones not ask their age when they've wanted to order off the kids menu. But we're always honest with their age. I guess what I'm saying is go into with the idea you're paying the adult price and be pleasantly surprised if you're only charged the child.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet (and I don't want to read through 21 pages of posts :scared:) but when we did our BB Fantasmic! Dinner Package last week, we had the 10:30 show and they were definitely letting HB diners into the BB section. We has a really nice family from Spain sitting next to us, and they asked about our cushions. They confirmed they had dined at the Hungry Bear.

If I had known for certain that HB diners would be let into the BB seating area, I would have saved a bunch of money and done the HB package instead and brought my own something to sit on. Oh well. We still loved the show, and the new enhancements are wonderful!

It is really up to your server. I wouldn't lie about it, but I've had servers "decide" one of my kids was still a kid price. I've had ones not ask their age when they've wanted to order off the kids menu. But we're always honest with their age. I guess what I'm saying is go into with the idea you're paying the adult price and be pleasantly surprised if you're only charged the child.

That was us too. We actually had a check-in CM once and a waiter another time insist that DS didn't look like an adult price to them when we clearly stated his age as 10 and 11. Lol. It was nice pixie dust but we went into those buffet experiences fully expecting and prepared to pay the adult price for him. At least with him we felt we were getting our money's worth compared to his two years older brother who ate like a bird until just a couple years ago.

I called the dining line today and after being on hold for at least 20 minutes I was connected with a pretty grumpy CM on the other end. As soon as I said I wanted to edit my reservation she released this huge sign of relief. They must be getting tons of the same calls all day but like you said, I would expect them to have everything pretty organized at this point.

If I had known for certain that HB diners would be let into the BB seating area, I would have saved a bunch of money and done the HB package instead and brought my own something to sit on.

I've been reading similar reports from other people observing the same exact thing, especially during the second show. I was just wondering myself if I'm going to end up sitting behind HB people despite paying more than twice the amount they did. With RBT being under renovation in September I wonder if they'll be changing the viewing areas a little bit or just allowing more open reservations at BB and HB.

Just got my fantasmic BB dining package for 10/1 so glad they were finally up! Now back to bed

I've been reading similar reports from other people observing the same exact thing, especially during the second show. I was just wondering myself if I'm going to end up sitting behind HB people despite paying more than twice the amount they did. With RBT being under renovation in September I wonder if they'll be changing the viewing areas a little bit or just allowing more open reservations at BB and HB.

I was under the impression they only let HB in the back at the last minute once BB and RBT were already seated. I am going in Sept as well and would be really upset if a bunch of HB were let in earlier and I had to sit behind everyone too after paying BB prices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts