FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

I think this is a good call! If you want, you could even check and see if they could somehow move your 7:20 F! to the open 6:20 time if you want more time between the show. You are getting the FP either way.

And, yes, the CM made sure to tell me that the note would not guarantee the package and it would only be if there was a cancellation or if someone decided to forgo the package once they got there and just eat off the menu. I had read your post and I knew it was different than what they had told you but I understood what she was saying. We have an RBT package earlier in our trip but we don't get to DL that often and since we already have BB reservations, I figured we might as well try to get the package. Hopefully it will be available when we get there. I'll keep checking once in awhile but reservations were booked up for that date before the packages even opened up so I bet it will be tough to find anything.

Yes, definitely! I feel 20,000 times better now that I officially have a F! dining package as oppose to just having the note added to our BB reservation. I checked back earlier and that 6:20 reservation was open on the website. We talked maybe about swapping them out, but we decided that the 7:20 might actually be a bit better since we can just have dinner then head over to the viewing area right after. From what I understand, CM's were not really prepared or briefed for this, they were pretty much thrown right into it, so I can see how some of them were under the understanding that a note on an existing reservation would be honored no matter what. Regardless, I didn't want to take a chance. Wife is pregnant, and at the time she'll be about 4-5 mo.'s along and I think she likes the idea of sitting any chance she can lol. Hopefully it will be available during your trip!!:thumbsup2 With reservations already booked up I can see how it will be tough to find anything.

If anyone was wondering, my converted BB reservation for the 17th is now showing up as an actual Dining Package on the website! The dinner reservation if for 7:30 but still got assigned the first show (despite being told it would be for the 2nd show when I called to convert it).
Hopefully we'll have enough time to get through dinner and still show up to the show with time to spare.

At least it's now actually listed on the reservation info as opposed to just being a note.

OK friends, I CAVED. Totally and completely. I hadn't seen any times open (for any packages) on our later-August day the first day things opened up for reservations last week, so I had pretty much given up.

But just now I checked on the Disney website and they must have loaded more in (or many, many people back out) because now there was everything available!! I was originally thinking Hungry Bear but decided to go for Riverbelle Terrace because of the better food, better FP location, and possibility of being seated for Fantasmic. I mean, we gotta eat somewhere that day, right?

I also figure if the first couple weeks of reviews come back really negative I can drop it, but now I'm excited to ENJOY Fantasmic, rather than just ENDURE the experience leading up to it that day.

(Granted it is only 2 of us, not sure if I could make the same arguments if 5/6 of us were going)

PHXscuba

Does anyone have a photo of the seat cushions that they have given out in the past with the BB package? It still is not absolutely clear if the cushion will come with the regular package or only with the premium package
don't know if the cushion is worth an additional $25?

Does anyone have a photo of the seat cushions that they have given out in the past with the BB package? It still is not absolutely clear if the cushion will come with the regular package or only with the premium package
don't know if the cushion is worth an additional $25?
http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2015/09/review_disneylands_blue_bayou.html

This review has a picture of the cushion they gave out before the show went on hiatus. This is the same design we received as well.

The castmember I spoke with told me the cushion would only be included in the premier package which also includes a special drink and seating in the reserved section for MSEP.

If I was planning on trying to catch both Fantasmic! and MSEP, then I would book the upgraded package, but definitely not solely for the cushion. It's just a piece of foam with an image printed on it. We haven't used ours once since we got them about 2 years ago.

Yes, definitely! I feel 20,000 times better now that I officially have a F! dining package as oppose to just having the note added to our BB reservation. I checked back earlier and that 6:20 reservation was open on the website. We talked maybe about swapping them out, but we decided that the 7:20 might actually be a bit better since we can just have dinner then head over to the viewing area right after. From what I understand, CM's were not really prepared or briefed for this, they were pretty much thrown right into it, so I can see how some of them were under the understanding that a note on an existing reservation would be honored no matter what. Regardless, I didn't want to take a chance. Wife is pregnant, and at the time she'll be about 4-5 mo.'s along and I think she likes the idea of sitting any chance she can lol. Hopefully it will be available during your trip!!:thumbsup2 With reservations already booked up I can see how it will be tough to find anything.

Ohmygosh, she will definitely want a seat if she is pregnant! Congrats!!! So glad you got confirmed for a package!

I know the premium BB package is $90 plus tax and gratuity for adults. Does anyone know the price for kids?

Does anyone know if there will be two shows once they go to Friday-Sunday in the off season? We are planning on going the second week in September and waiting for the F! dining packages to open for those dates.

So just for what it's worth...We're going at the end of August and I was able to make a RBT dining package reservation last week when it opened. I kept trying to get BB but I kept getting the error message. I tried again just now for BB under my hubby's account and had zero trouble getting a dining package. It seemed like they had multiple slots open as it gave me a few to choose from. Maybe now that the "mad rush" is over others will be able to find reservations?

I figure once some of the reviews start coming out on the dining packages I will cancel one of them. (Probably RBT, as i'd rather eat at BB) but it will depend on what everyone else is saying.

I just called Disney Dining and asked about the Kids Menus.

River Belle Terrace:
Grilled Chicken
Mac & Cheese
Catch of the Day
Pork Spare Ribs

Hungry Bear has the same menu for kids as the adults, except the Mushroom and Leek Frittata is replaced with an Egg Frittata.

I didn't think to ask about the Blue Bayou kids menu since we weren't going to do that one.

I just called Disney Dining and asked about the Kids Menus.

River Belle Terrace:
Grilled Chicken
Mac & Cheese
Catch of the Day
Pork Spare Ribs

Hungry Bear has the same menu for kids as the adults, except the Mushroom and Leek Frittata is replaced with an Egg Frittata.

I didn't think to ask about the Blue Bayou kids menu since we weren't going to do that one.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate being able to plan and give my kids the options ahead of time. I have an older child (too old for the children's meals) who would prefer to order off that menu (plain grilled chicken or mac and cheese), and a younger child (under age ten) who would prefer the adult choices (barbecue chicken or beef brisket).

Does anyone know if there will be two shows once they go to Friday-Sunday in the off season? We are planning on going the second week in September and waiting for the F! dining packages to open for those dates.

There's no way of knowing for sure at this point, but I would think it's more than likely they will have two shows nightly even in the off season. The show itself has already been down for a year and a half, and demand will be higher than usual because of the changes/additions.

I have a Fantasmic dining package for opening day. If I park hop to DCA for part of the day, and DL closes to capacity, will I be able to get in with the dining package?

Hi all! We booked the RBT premium package, so we will be seated at 8 to see Fantasmic from the terrace. This will be our first trip to Disneyland [likely are only trip as we are from Ontario] and this is the only night that phantasmic will be showing the week that we are visiting. I think it is likely also the only night that the fireworks might be shown. Is there any chance that we would be able to see the fireworks from RBT? I am wondering if I should cancel the premium part of the package and we just stand, if there is a better chance of seeing fireworks from the standing zone?

Hi all! We booked the RBT premium package, so we will be seated at 8 to see Fantasmic from the terrace. This will be our first trip to Disneyland [likely are only trip as we are from Ontario] and this is the only night that phantasmic will be showing the week that we are visiting. I think it is likely also the only night that the fireworks might be shown. Is there any chance that we would be able to see the fireworks from RBT? I am wondering if I should cancel the premium part of the package and we just stand, if there is a better chance of seeing fireworks from the standing zone?

Another board reported that the RBT and BB FP zones will be seated (on the ground) like they were before the hiatus. So you would not necessarily be standing to view F! or fireworks. We viewed from the RBT area in 2015 and thought the view of F! and the fireworks was quite good. You won't see the castle and will have trouble seeing Tinkerbell (she'll be tiny and off at an odd angle), but there will be projections on the water screen.

I have a Fantasmic dining package for opening day. If I park hop to DCA for part of the day, and DL closes to capacity, will I be able to get in with the dining package?

There is no guarantee that you'll be admitted with a PS reservation. It depends on how crowded DL is and what the fire marshall has decided. There have been closures in the past when guests with a confirmed reservation number could enter and closures when no one could enter until enough guests left the park. Play it by ear on the day. If DL seems really slammed busy, then don't leave. If it doesn't seem that bad, go ahead and hop to DCA.

I have an impromptu trip planned with a friend next month and I made RBT reservations for the premium seating where you stay in your seat. I am dying to hear reviews to see if that view is worth it!

How would the premium package work...MSEP and F! on the same night?

I am also wondering the same thing. How will the timing of going to both work? We are assigned the first viewing of Fantasmic based on our dinner time, but which showing of MSEP would we be assigned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter