Family infighting at Disney? 😔

Last night, my husband and I were sipping wine and watching our favorite show. Teens come home, upstairs screaming at each other for an hour as they did schoolwork (!!!!), then one was loudly wailing. Door being pounded on, shouting. I usually head up to break things up but found myself motionless, told my husband to go deal with it and just sat rooted on the couch for hours even after things quieted. I've been worried about missing them when they head off to college but maybe it won't be as hard. The end of your post reminded me of the times I traveled with just him. When you have 4,5 personalities together things can get dicey at times. Before kids, he and I used to go to WDW all the time and have the best time. I had been wondering if we could even go back without them.
We always did. Lol. We would come down in May for eight nights with our daughter and we also would come down for two weeks in October just the two of us.

I know this thread is from July but WDW is always hot for us. I have everyone drink a few sips of liquid IV+c or water (before you think you’re thirsty) and take Olly stress gummies and Methyl B complex (or just B12) before heading to the parks (teen as well).

Younger kids don’t know when they’re dehydrated (headaches and mood changes are a sign). We do make sure they have some protien for breakfast (fish sticks for our dairy/egg allergic DS).

Recently at six flags our teen split and went with a friend (we paid extra for her) and joined us later. Everyone was much more relaxed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter