• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response.

I have another question about EEMH at DHS.. What happens at rope drop (official rope drop, I mean; at 9 a.m. after the EEMH period). Do all the rope droppers head for GE and TSL?

I was at HS this past Thursday, got through security and into the street in front of the Chinese Theatre by 5:40am, we were the 2nd and 3rd people onto RnR, off and heading into TSL by 6:10. Slinky was running a delayed opening so by 6:20 TSM was at about a 20 min wait but it felt shorter, we got into GE just before 7am and MF:SR was only 40 min. We went back into TSL after riding as Slinky was up and a 30 min wait, then practically walked onto AS2, maybe a 5-10 min wait? We were done with rides and leaving TSL just as the 9am opening was happening, and there was a big crowd coming into TSL and the queue for Slinky was already at about 50. We were in the park until about 2 and didn't see anything go over an hour wait.

Thanks for the response.

I have another question about EEMH at DHS.. What happens at rope drop (official rope drop, I mean; at 9 a.m. after the EEMH period). Do all the rope droppers head for GE and TSL?

Yes they still do and I would be frustrated if I was one of them. Unless your staying on property during this time there is no real park opening rope drop. Rope drop occurs at 6am. If you're staying off site you'll arrive to already crowded areas when it comes to TSL and SGE. That being said crowds have still be relatively light.

The 6am EEMH really seem to be working as a lot or resort guest come early and leave freeing up the park for others. If you look at touring plans "what we predicted, what we saw" for this month you'll see a lot of 1s and 2s where they predicated 5s-6s-7s. HS has been the lightest park as opposed to the heaviest like many predicted.

We were there Thurs morning and arrived at about 7. We went mainly to see TSL and we weren't too concerned about Galaxy's Edge even though we are huge SW fans. We rode Toy Story Mania and then had breakfast at Woody's. We were told upon entering the land that Slinky Dog was having a late open. It opened halfway through our breakfast, maybe at about 7:45? People had lined up prior but it looked like a still pretty decent line when it opened, not too bad. We then headed to GE and rode Smugglers. We used the single riders line since it was just the two of us. At this point it was about 8am and the line was 40 min. We still got to ride together as 2 engineers so that was a win. The land itself wasn't too crowded and we got lots of great pics without people in them. At about 8:30 we headed for RnR coaster and rode that with a 10 min wait. TOT wasn't open yet and CM's were blocking the entrance. We exited RnR at 9:01 thinking we could head right for TOT and beat the rope drop crowd that wasn't staying onsite. We got there at 9:03 and the wait was already 40 min so we skipped it. We exited the park at 9:15 after doing most of what we wanted to get done that morning. We thought the EEMH were great!

The posted waits have consistently been longer than the waits people have posted in this thread, as well as in posts from major Disney bloggers.
Absolutely true - we were CRAZY late to EEMH at HS today (by my standards). No one in my family would get up at 4:45am like I asked them, so we didn’t get to the bag check line till about 6:15. I can’t remember the exact time we got in but we went to TSL first. SDD said 50, it was 28. TSMM said 30, it was maybe 15. Got to Millennium Falcon at 8:35, it said 70 and was probably 30.

Absolutely true - we were CRAZY late to EEMH at HS today (by my standards). No one in my family would get up at 4:45am like I asked them, so we didn’t get to the bag check line till about 6:15. I can’t remember the exact time we got in but we went to TSL first. SDD said 50, it was 28. TSMM said 30, it was maybe 15. Got to Millennium Falcon at 8:35, it said 70 and was probably 30.

This is good news that the wait times are inflated and not accurate. I was starting to worry that wait times have been creeping up over the past week but it sounds like they are still very reasonable. We still have 3 weeks for our trip so hoping EEMH waits still stay low!

9/30 6:55 AM

Last day of Illuminations

DHS:
MFSR:70
SDD:55
TSM:45
AS2:20
TOT:13
RNR:10
ST:5

TOT wasn't open yet and CM's were blocking the entrance. We exited RnR at 9:01 thinking we could head right for TOT and beat the rope drop crowd that wasn't staying onsite. We got there at 9:03 and the wait was already 40 min so we skipped it.
Ahh I didn't realise ToT was down that morning! We were skipping it anyway as my friend can't deal with the sudden drops, but I noticed on the app at one point that morning it was over 100 minutes! That makes much more sense now.

Alarm went off at All Star Sports at 4:30 this morning. At the bus stop a few minutes after 5. We were at HS by 5;30 or so. The CM’s walked us to Star Wars land beginning at 6. We were off the ride by 6:25 or so. My boys went and made Droids. Then we headed to Olga’s with no wait. Did some shopping and looking around in Batu. Got pictures with Mickey and Minnie. Then Darth Vader, Chewie, and BB8. Had a fast pass for RnR at 10:05. Watched the Lightening McQueen show, got a Mickey bar, a little more shopping and back on the bus at 11:20.

We are heading back Thursday for EEMH to do Toy Story land.

Hello! Forgive me if these questions have been answered... been scrolling all over. Want to confirm that Droid Depot and Oga’s are NOT accepting reservations during EEMH.

We will be there 10/8 and plan on rope dropping SDD then going straight to DD then free to hang and perhaps get into Oga’s until 11 for FP at RnR then standby ToT then Brown Derby at 12:50. Then off the MK.

We have a 9:30 DD reservation but we have FP 10:15-11:15 for RnR and want to have plenty of time for our droid to interact with SWGE without us having to go back and forth between HS and SWGE. Hence the early standby at DD. We want to know what the early am has been like without a rez at DD. Any news? Thanks so much!

Alarm went off at All Star Sports at 4:30 this morning. At the bus stop a few minutes after 5. We were at HS by 5;30 or so. The CM’s walked us to Star Wars land beginning at 6. We were off the ride by 6:25 or so. My boys went and made Droids. Then we headed to Olga’s with no wait. Did some shopping and looking around in Batu. Got pictures with Mickey and Minnie. Then Darth Vader, Chewie, and BB8. Had a fast pass for RnR at 10:05. Watched the Lightening McQueen show, got a Mickey bar, a little more shopping and back on the bus at 11:20.

We are heading back Thursday for EEMH to do Toy Story land.
Thanks for including bus info! Good to know the bus got you there by 530.

Thanks to everyone for your updates, and answering my pesky questions. I am planning a trip for seven people, and we leave in two weeks!

I have another question: during EEMH, would it be better (in terms of lower wait times) to attack the rest of the park first, or head straight for TSL and GE?

Thanks to everyone for your updates, and answering my pesky questions. I am planning a trip for seven people, and we leave in two weeks!

I have another question: during EEMH, would it be better (in terms of lower wait times) to attack the rest of the park first, or head straight for TSL and GE?
The only things open are rides, so the rest of the park is TOT, RNR, and ST. If you had RD SDD, then TSM then AS2 then MFSR, then TOT, RNR, and finally ST, you’d have waited (according to posted waits) about 110 minutes total, and you finish right around 9

If you did TOT, then RNR, then ST, then SDD, then TSM, then AS2, then MFSR, you’d have waited (again, according to posted waits) about 180 minutes total, and you’d have finished right around 10.

Today was really busy for EEMH at DHS, but the pattern should hold regardless. Star Tours and ToT will still be very low waits the first hour after park opens to all. TOT and RNR FPs will be available for most of the day.

Do TSL first, then SWGE.

The only things open are rides, so the rest of the park is TOT, RNR, and ST. If you had RD SDD, then TSM then AS2 then MFSR, then TOT, RNR, and finally ST, you’d have waited (according to posted waits) about 110 minutes total, and you finish right around 9

If you did TOT, then RNR, then ST, then SDD, then TSM, then AS2, then MFSR, you’d have waited (again, according to posted waits) about 180 minutes total, and you’d have finished right around 10.

Today was really busy for EEMH at DHS, but the pattern should hold regardless. Star Tours and ToT will still be very low waits the first hour after park opens to all. TOT and RNR FPs will be available for most of the day.

Do TSL first, then SWGE.
We were there this morning. In order we did this... SDD, Aliens, TSM, RnR twice, ToT, breakfast at Woodys, then MFSR and we were getting line for our second MSFR at about 8:55. Both times wait was posted at 60, took 33-35 to get to Hondo.

9/30, 7:58 AM (Yesterday!)

DHS:
SDD:60
MFSR:55
TSM35
TOT:
ST, RNR:10

MK:
7DMT:40
PP:25
Speedway, Meet Tink: 20
Meet Rapunzel/Tiana, Meet Cinderella:15
Space, Meet Ariel, IASW, Dumbo:10
AO, PeopleMover: closed

AK:
FOP:90
Navi: 15

All other rides and attractions 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter