EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Omg. After getting fed up with IPO and changing our reservation to save tons of money and get rid of CL, I repriced the rooms and it was only $40 difference (total) between two Arusha view rooms and 2 standard club level rooms! Guess we are CL again.

I'm so glad that I caught up on this thread this morning.

After reading so many negatives about the look of the resort, the construction and the pool hopping, I really was, once again, starting to second guess our upcoming Poly GV CL stay in August. Seeing Erika's picture though (thanks Erika for posting!) and seeing the distance between the Hawaii bldg and the quiet pool really does help. I also keep thinking that it will be nice to have the CL lounge as a secondary spot to hang out and hearing that views from there aren't spoiled, makes me feel better about not switching.

We'll have a lot going on during this upcoming trip and between taking our youngest DD on a college tour at UCF (her first choice at the moment) and having her senior pictures taken at the Poly & GF, I think I just need worry less about the construction and focus more on just enjoying our time together. My oldest will be graduating college next year and with the little one going away who knows how many more trips there'll be that we'll all be together :sad1:.

Even with all of the construction that was going on when we were there..our stay was still soooo very nice...we have been staying at the GF for a very long time..and we were first timers at the Poly (DDs request..)..and were very pleasantly surprised! And would happily stay CL there again..that lounge has incredible views...And we really liked that it was two stories..so you could enjoy the ambiance and still get away from the hustle and bustle that there was sometimes in the main lounge area...:thumbsup2 You have the right idea...enjoy your family time together! I am sure that the Poly will be just right for doing that!

i kept saying I WOULD NOT take my mom to poly !!! I took mom and dad in 2011 to CSR and dad agreed I could take mom on a trip,just us girls last fall.

Well, I got a great rate for poly CL for November during construction. I thought about it..... Really the lounge and views make up for anything else. Besides, we are up early and construction is usually 7-5p. So that wasn't going to bother us.

Mom loved it!! We had a great time. The only downside was the extra walk to /from the boat and TTC. However she is still talking about the nice rooms, the great food, access to lounge and monorail!!

I have been to almost all the resorts during construction because I book less than 6months and those are usually all that is left. I have never regretted any construction stay.

I'm sad to say I had to change my gf stay because my son starts school as a freshman at college the days I was going to go. My trip with dd20 is now 8/23-27. I was hoping to meet you but maybe next time.

Ahem....I am thinking that you forgot to mention something about that stay....;) lol...like hanging out with some Dis friends!! :dance3:I have really never regretted any construction stay either....Disney does a great job about covering up the work areas and keeping the magic going on....

The 60 days goes fast, too! It feels like we just selected ours, and now we are 8 days away. I am really looking forward to the CR and the BC. We're going to spend 5/30 (our first day) at the CR pool in a cabana. I'll make sure to post pictures and a review here when I get back. I so need this trip!

Have a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about your fab split stay!

I'm very excited! I had such a great experience with the staff and enjoyed the resort so much I couldn't stay away :)

Do most CL guests go through the concierge for dining reservations, or is it easier to do it yourself?

W have always had IPO book all of our dining...activities etc...and have always been happy with the result...:thumbsup2

I usually leave a bit less than I do in the morning. It isn't a full room clean.. It's just turning down and closing the drapes and maybe freshening towels

We do the same...::yes::

Can anyone help me with my room requests for GF SL?

Here is our situation. We have 2 rooms, 5 adults and 2 kids. It will be my parents in one room and me, DH, DD7, DD4, and my MIL in the other. I don't care about views, convenience is more important to me. I'd like the rooms to be close to each other (or adjoining- do they have adjoining rooms in SL?), but it would also be nice to have one of the rooms be deluxe so we'd have more space in the room with 5 people. I'd like to be close to the lounge for convenience, but not sure how loud it gets. We will be the early to rise and early to bed people, plus we might have a child and a grandparent taking a nap in the afternoon :)

Suggestions on what to request and in what order? Or, if you were me, what would you do?

I know that Baler and Dispro did answer your questions as to the connecting and adjoining rooms...just wanted to add a little more detailed info about the rooms in SL...deluxe room that you are interested in..of which there are only 3 and can be requested..not a bookable category...are located along a hallway that over looks the open atrium area...these also are only courtyard/pool view....We have stayed in several of the rooms in this area and never had an issue with noise...the room number for the deluxe room is XX20.. 6220 on the 2nd floor..enclosed balcony due to the portico roof line... 6320 on the 3rd floor..open traditional balcony and 6420 which has no balcony due to the suite that is located next door...there is a service closet right next to this room..so the very next room is 6216 or 6316...this particuar room is located right over the peak of the portico..right center of the building...and such a nice view... there is not a standard room available next door on the 4th floor... the other two rooms along this atrium area are 6214 and 6212..again enclosed balcony ..and they are connecting rooms....as are 6314 and 6314...these two have the open balcony railing..All of the rooms with a courtyard pool view are even numbered..and all of the rooms with a marina view are odd numbered...Lots of info..hope that I explained it clearly...lol... and that it helps you with your room choices..GF is a great resort...and SL is such a nice outer building to be staying in... so centrally located..and CL too! Enjoy your family trip! :goodvibes

BTW...lots of good info GF specific over on the GF FAQ tread....:thumbsup2

ha.. Sorry, I meant that most everything is a secret, just not that dates, and where we'll be, CL is the secret...:-) (Same here with money - dh just thought Disney REALLY raised their prices! :rotfl:(and I did get that 30% off applied!))

I added WCC adr, and we have TS adr's for lunches, I figure we'll have leftovers to nibble on in the evening, or do QS at a park? Trying not to overplan - and there's no one to discuss it with!! :rotfl2:

I could be so way off! :blush:

What a wonderful surprise!! :wizard:

Not sure I actually mentioned it here in this thread, but I will be at WLl CL in a little over a month, 6/26-6/29 :) Can't wait!!!

:dance3:

Just booked WL CL to celebrate our 30th anniversary! :lovestruc We have stayed at the WL & VWL numerous times (it's our home resort)... Really looking forward to CL there! The only other CL I have experienced is AKL.

I have a few questions: are king beds available in the standard rooms? Are all the CL rooms located on the 7th floor? Are there any CL rooms with unobstructed balcony views?

WL CL gets a lot of love around here! What a special way to celebrate such a terrific miles stone...Happy 30th Anniversary! :goodvibes

Last edited:
My kids are the same way...if we couldn't stay CL, they would rather just stay home:) We are driving to Disney for our trip (this week!) and I've already had to explain to them that in some small towns (like the ones we'll be stopping in), the nicest hotel may be a Fairfield Inn -lol. My kids need a serious reality check sometimes!
My daughter (14 at the time) and I stayed at All Star Sports on a Sunday night.. We literally got to the hotel from Tampa at 5 and left the hotel at 11am the next morning to come back to Palm Beach.
When we checked in, she was so confused about the lobby.. Then, when I opened the door to the room, she exclaimed "this is the Walmart of Disney hotels!"

I knew I had spoiled her for too many years!

But, she does like POR because of the theme.

My daughter (14 at the time) and I stayed at All Star Sports on a Sunday night.. We literally got to the hotel from Tampa at 5 and left the hotel at 11am the next morning to come back to Palm Beach.
When we checked in, she was so confused about the lobby.. Then, when I opened the door to the room, she exclaimed "this is the Walmart of Disney hotels!"

I knew I had spoiled her for too many years!

But, she does like POR because of the theme.

That's hilarious! Honestly, I think most kids today are spoiled at least a little... Look at all the kids with cell phones and other expensive electronic devices!

Can't believe this is coming so fast! And the next month is going to fly by with DS graduating from high school! Just ordered his tux for prom, and sent out his party invites. I even have a sticker on my car for his college...this is becoming too real :faint:
Prom was last week and the grad invites arrive this week. I went with Dd today to NJ and dh took ds to visit his college.(I really wanted to go but dd and asked first, AND the guys don't have enough alone time.) Dad will miss his little guy for sure this fall:(

Becoming too real :faint:

I have made many changes same day to FP's so you should find something you'll like even last minute .

Last edited:
What is the AKL lounge like outside of the main food serving times? I have the dxdp so will be eating out most of the time, or in my room if I'm having a late start to the day, but outside of these times I tend to only spend a morning in the park each day and like to relax in the cl lounge during the afternoon before heading out to dinner, for my other resort cl stays the lounge has usually been quiet in the afternoon, I just wondered if AKL was similar?

My family has spent some "down time" in the CL lounge at AKL in the afternoons. For the most part, it's been a lovely, quiet place to relax. They had some board games up there that we've played with, too. I really like the ambiance up there, since the lounge is right above the entrance to AKL and you are "part of" the beautiful lobby. There are snacks and drinks available in the lounge in the afternoon, and the cast members are right there at the entrance to the lounge, so it's easy to get your questions answered or make any last-minute changes to your ADRs.

Ahem....I am thinking that you forgot to mention something about that stay....;) lol...like hanging out with some Dis friends!! :dance3:I have really never regretted any construction stay either....Disney does a great job about covering up the work areas and keeping the magic going on....
Hanging out with friends was a bonus indeed!

Actually dd and I had a courtyard view SL room at gf when the courtyard pool was being refurbished. This was not a problem at all for us!

Prom was last week and the grad invites arrive this week. I went with Dd today to NJ and dh took ds to visit his college.(I really wanted to go but dd and asked first, AND the guys don't have enough alone time.) Dad will miss his little guy for sure this fall:(

Becoming too real :faint:

I have made many changes same day to FP's so you should find something you'll like even last minute .

It's crazy, isn't it??? I mean, I knew this was coming in my head, but now it's hitting my heart :sad1: I'm so very proud of him and excited for his future, but our house will seem empty. Soooo looking forward to this summer trip - our longest yet at 10 days:love:

Yep, I'm thinking I'll be okay on booking the 3 days of FPs once I get there, just wanted to have it all done....

My family has spent some "down time" in the CL lounge at AKL in the afternoons. For the most part, it's been a lovely, quiet place to relax. They had some board games up there that we've played with, too. I really like the ambiance up there, since the lounge is right above the entrance to AKL and you are "part of" the beautiful lobby. There are snacks and drinks available in the lounge in the afternoon, and the cast members are right there at the entrance to the lounge, so it's easy to get your questions answered or make any last-minute changes to your ADRs.

It sounds perfect thank you

Does anyone happen to know if there are any king beds in the Yacht Club lagoon view concierge category?

There definitely are because last October DH & I were upgraded to a King Bed, Lagoon View in CL. Just not sure how many there are though.

Another silly question for a first time CL stay...what tip do you leave for turndown service? For normal mouse keeping we leave $5 for the 2 of us (I round up from the standard $2 per person). Is it the same for turndown?
You are asking a legit question, but threads about tipping amounts are a no-no on the DIS. They often get heated.

I will just say for us, turn down tipping is lower than full room service (cleaning whole room is much more work). You should know, WDW turndown includes replacing dirty towels, empty the trash, and sometimes have restocked shampoo (pre-dinner bathing is often beneficial in summer :) )

Sometimes they also miss our room.

If we are around, we tip prior to evening turn down. Sometimes we don't get back to the room between the first cleaning and turn down.

Can anyone help me with my room requests for GF SL?

Here is our situation. We have 2 rooms, 5 adults and 2 kids.
Suggestions on what to request and in what order? Or, if you were me, what would you do?

We were similar. Our rooms were not adjoining. My only request was near elevator. We had adults in both rooms, w/linked ressies. I recall being asked if we were okay with our room assignment, because not adjoining.

I'm not positive what the rooms were called, but they were slightly bigger than most. They were across the hall from each other-very close. (lodge tower room?) Generally, GF will take care of you!

As another poster said, I don't think any rooms are far from the lounge, unless you can't take elevator. I think that was my only request- near the elevator. We were!

We loved it! CR is my favorite of all, but GF outer was very nice. The CL food offerings are slightly above all the rest. (not necessarily = to the extra $ for GF, but a little extra) ;)

One plus is the building location, IMO. We always bring a car and self park; GF outer has easy access to parking, the convention building, G Grill, and quiet pool.

DO look for the slightly secret elevator w/main building access if it rains and you want dining or monorail. You don't have to walk all the way to main entrances. I think the elevator is CL and employee access only. Coming from your building, it is just to the left of Gasparilla Grill (It connects to the GG kitchen; = why room service CM's use it.)

Hello,
This is my first post in the CL thread although I've been reading the posts for some while and have found them to be so helpful.

We're back in WDW in July (this will be our 21st trip) although only our second in club level. We stayed at the CR last summer and absolutely loved it so have booked RPC in a MK view. As we'll have a MK view are there any particular room requests that I should make?

Thanks for your help in advance - I'm so excited about this trip!

We were similar. Our rooms were not adjoining. My only request was near elevator. We had adults in both rooms, w/linked ressies. I recall being asked if we were okay with our room assignment, because not adjoining.

I'm not positive what the rooms were called, but they were slightly bigger than most. They were across the hall from each other-very close. (lodge tower room?) Generally, GF will take care of you!

As another poster said, I don't think any rooms are far from the lounge, unless you can't take elevator. I think that was my only request- near the elevator. We were!

We loved it! CR is my favorite of all, but GF outer was very nice. The CL food offerings are slightly above all the rest. (not necessarily = to the extra $ for GF, but a little extra) ;)

One plus is the building location, IMO. We always bring a car and self park; GF outer has easy access to parking, the convention building, G Grill, and quiet pool.

DO look for the slightly secret elevator w/main building access if it rains and you want dining or monorail. You don't have to walk all the way to main entrances. I think the elevator is CL and employee access only. Coming from your building, it is just to the left of Gasparilla Grill (It connects to the GG kitchen; = why room service CM's use it.)

Is it the same elevator that goes to RPC? Or is it something different? Where does it let you off on the monorail level? I'm trying to picture the main building and I know there are the RPC elevators on the one side and then the main "public elevator" on the other side near the monorail.

I know that Baler and Dispro did answer your questions as to the connecting and adjoining rooms...just wanted to add a little more detailed info about the rooms in SL...deluxe room that you are interested in..of which there are only 3 and can be requested..not a bookable category...are located along a hallway that over looks the open atrium area...these also are only courtyard/pool view....We have stayed in several of the rooms in this area and never had an issue with noise...the room number for the deluxe room is XX20.. 6220 on the 2nd floor..enclosed balcony due to the portico roof line... 6320 on the 3rd floor..open traditional balcony and 6420 which has no balcony due to the suite that is located next door...there is a service closet right next to this room..so the very next room is 6216 or 6316...this particuar room is located right over the peak of the portico..right center of the building...and such a nice view... there is not a standard room available next door on the 4th floor... the other two rooms along this atrium area are 6214 and 6212..again enclosed balcony ..and they are connecting rooms....as are 6314 and 6314...these two have the open balcony railing..All of the rooms with a courtyard pool view are even numbered..and all of the rooms with a marina view are odd numbered...Lots of info..hope that I explained it clearly...lol... and that it helps you with your room choices..GF is a great resort...and SL is such a nice outer building to be staying in... so centrally located..and CL too! Enjoy your family trip! :goodvibes

BTW...lots of good info GF specific over on the GF FAQ tread....:thumbsup2

Thank you. Very helpful!

I'm back!!!! :D Our internet at home went out early Saturday morning and I've been in H.E.double hockey sticks with the kids the last 4 days! :furious: I think they would have gladly gone without running water, food, clothing, just about anything, to have internet back! It made our long 3 day weekend pretty miserable. :headache:

Booked our fastpasses at midnight last night and got everything we wanted. :jumping1: Only 60 days to go!!

It's crazy, isn't it??? I mean, I knew this was coming in my head, but now it's hitting my heart :sad1: I'm so very proud of him and excited for his future, but our house will seem empty. Soooo looking forward to this summer trip - our longest yet at 10 days:love:

Yep, I'm thinking I'll be okay on booking the 3 days of FPs once I get there, just wanted to have it all done....
It's really hard when they go off to college. It changes the whole dynamic in the house. Our youngest graduated from college last year, but I remember how hard it was ....in fact, our September trip became a regular thing because I had so much time between dropping him off in August and his October break, so we started to go to WDW to break up the time!:blush:

So I've only stayed in a regular room at the WL twice, years ago, and they both had bunk beds, ( which was great at the time as our boys were small!!) All of our other stays there have been in the villas. Do the rooms with two queen beds feel more spacious than the rooms with bunk beds? Or does it even matter? I'm bummed we can't get a king bed! Oh well! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter