EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Yes it happens at hot app time. When we have stayed before there would be 2 hot apps and then cheeses, hummus, veggies etc. Now instead of the hot apps being out with the rest of the food, a chef has a small station beside the offering where he cooks the hot apps. Today was some kind of African stew and something that looked like bbq in a mini bread bowl.

I don't think I like the sound of that. :sad2:

Thank you for the replies about MK view rooms in the GF RPC. I was thinking of requesting a room close to the lounge too.

Yes it happens at hot app time. When we have stayed before there would be 2 hot apps and then cheeses, hummus, veggies etc. Now instead of the hot apps being out with the rest of the food, a chef has a small station beside the offering where he cooks the hot apps. Today was some kind of African stew and something that looked like bbq in a mini bread bowl.

I don't think I like the sound of that. :sad2:

I'm assuming this is AKL. I LOVED the chef station when we were there. He kindly explained how he was preparing the apps and I brought home 4 typed recipes. (I also got the recipe from Artist Point Smokey Mushroom Soup!).

Each night there were at least 3 and sometimes 4 if there was a cold soup. DH loved the fact the apps were fresher than usual CL food. Here is a pic I posted earlier of the apps. There is one hidden under the nan bread and veggies.

There did seem to be only 2 desserts out in the evenings. We just usually wandered to Mara for Zebra Domes if we wanted more.

Here is a picture of the lounge in general.

Liz

Thank you for the replies about MK view rooms in the GF RPC. I was thinking of requesting a room close to the lounge too.

You can look on touring plans for room locations. You may want to request to be on the 4th floor. All TPV rooms in RPC are on the backside of the building, they are the farthest away from the lounge. The lounge is not that far but no RPC TPV rooms will truly be close to the lounge.

TPV rooms are 4301-4309 and 4401-4409 , so keep in mind that there are only 18 of these rooms. They are all down the left far hall of the building and the lounge is on the 4th floor in the far right atrium directly above the main lobby. If being very close to the lounge is important, you may want to book a standard main building.

My family won a Disney contest that included a trip to WDW. We just found out that we will be staying at AKL and they were able to get us club level rooms. We think. I'm a little confused about the wording of the reservation. Disney booked everything for us so I couldn't see what type of room was actually being booked, just what the reservation is showing. Our reservation shows "Room Type: Standard Room - Club Level Access". Is this the same as having a standard club level room or will we have a room anywhere at the resort and just be able to access the lounge (the word access is confusing us). We've only stayed club level at Poly so we knew what building we would be in with that reservation. What should we expect with this reservation? Thank so much for the help.

Last edited:
My family won a Disney contest that included a trip to WDW. We just found out that we will be staying at AKL and they were able to get us club level rooms. WE think. I'm a little confused about the wording of the reservation. Disney booked everything for us so I couldn't see what type of room was actually being booked, just what the reservation is showing. Our reservation shows "Room Type: Standard Room - Club Level Access". Is this the same as having a standard club level room or will we have a room anywhere at the resort and just be able to access the lounge (the word access is confusing us). We've only stayed club level at Poly so we knew what building we would be in with that reservation. What should we expect with this reservation? Thank so much for the help.
Wow! Congrats on winning the contest! That's exactly what ours said when we were booked AKL CL last year - it was savannah view (all CL rooms at AKL are I think) and we even had bunk beds! The reservations only ever said "Standard Room - Club Level"

My family won a Disney contest that included a trip to WDW. We just found out that we will be staying at AKL and they were able to get us club level rooms. WE think. I'm a little confused about the wording of the reservation. Disney booked everything for us so I couldn't see what type of room was actually being booked, just what the reservation is showing. Our reservation shows "Room Type: Standard Room - Club Level Access". Is this the same as having a standard club level room or will we have a room anywhere at the resort and just be able to access the lounge (the word access is confusing us). We've only stayed club level at Poly so we knew what building we would be in with that reservation. What should we expect with this reservation? Thank so much for the help.

Congrats! The club level rooms at AKL are on the 4th floor, and the lounge is on the 6th. Those rooms also come with a savanna view, very nice!
The wording including Club Level Access is Disneyspeak for a lounge that isn't on the same floor as the rooms. It's a walk and an elevator ride to the lounge, but not bad. The resort is so pretty that there is always something new to notice.

(It's a bit different for those booked in the DVC rooms, but it sounds like you are in the regular hotel rooms.)

Sounds like a club level room. AKL's Club Level rooms are located on the 4th floor (ALL are Savanna View; near the lobby). The actual lounge and staff are located on the 6th floor which overlooks the impressive lobby. Someone correct me if this is no longer correct.

Congratulations on AKL CL! As others have said, those are on the 4th floor and have savannah view. Here is a pic of the room with 2 queens.

View of lobby from 6th floor Club.

I think you will have a great time!

Liz

You can look on touring plans for room locations. You may want to request to be on the 4th floor. All TPV rooms in RPC are on the backside of the building, they are the farthest away from the lounge. The lounge is not that far but no RPC TPV rooms will truly be close to the lounge.

TPV rooms are 4301-4309 and 4401-4409 , so keep in mind that there are only 18 of these rooms. They are all down the left far hall of the building and the lounge is on the 4th floor in the far right atrium directly above the main lobby. If being very close to the lounge is important, you may want to book a standard main building.
We don't actually mind where we are! We've already booked RPC - I just wondered if any room locations are better than others. Thanks for your reply.

hi everyone!!! I'm sporting my new F&G festival shirt today!!!!!! :)

I'm SO jealous! They didn't have the yellow in my size when we were there. I had to settle for the olive green "Mickey's Landscaping" tee.

Glad you have internet back too btw! I tend to become grumpy myself if we're without it for an extended period. I went as far to change my cell data plan to be able to set up a "hotspot" when I can't get wifi! I'm not even a big social media poster either. :rolleyes1

Liz

Can someone confirm the presence of Amaretto di Saronno at the Beach Club in the Club Level Lounge in the evening? Imperative to know...

I actually prefer the feel of the non-bunk room because it feels more open even though it has less floor space. Does that make sense? To me when I walk in and have that obstruction of the super tall bunks right in front of me it's an eyesore.

Yes Erika,it makes perfect sense! It's exactly what I was thinking!

I'm SO jealous! They didn't have the yellow in my size when we were there. I had to settle for the olive green "Mickey's Landscaping" tee.

Glad you have internet back too btw! I tend to become grumpy myself if we're without it for an extended period. I went as far to change my cell data plan to be able to set up a "hotspot" when I can't get wifi! I'm not even a big social media poster either. :rolleyes1

Liz

I checked every single kiosk and couldn't find my size either. :headache: Then a castmember offered to check "backstage" and found more. :cloud9::love::flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!