EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

We'll have a lot going on during this upcoming trip and between taking our youngest DD on a college tour at UCF (her first choice at the moment)

omg - I wish!! my daughter had wanted to go to UCF! I can't even imagine the constant Disney trips :joker:

Another silly question for a first time CL stay...what tip do you leave for turndown service? For normal mouse keeping we leave $5 for the 2 of us (I round up from the standard $2 per person). Is it the same for turndown?

I just leave a couple bucks. Sometimes I don't leave anything b/c we are still out. Just depends.

I'm very excited! I had such a great experience with the staff and enjoyed the resort so much I couldn't stay away :)

Do most CL guests go through the concierge for dining reservations, or is it easier to do it yourself?

The WL is one of our favorites as it's an amazing resort :goodvibes.

I have never used IPO for any of our CL stays as I like making my own ADRs, but I have read very positive reports from those who do use them (and I have read that WL IPO is exceptional ;)).

24 days to go! So I spent time watching the Live Web Cams at both Disneyworld and Disneyland! :love:

I need a Disney fix. AND I haven't told dh and dd about our CL stay! :cloud9: I ordered a special cake:cake: to be delivered on our arrival day, and I got a FP for WISHES on arrival day! Again, haven't told! Its been hard keeping a secret! DH was a bit concerned that I hadn't made too many dinner adr's for this part of our stay, I thought I'd wait and see how things go, with it being especially HOT, I'm not sure if we're going to be hungry! I have California Grill one night, we do enjoy sushi, so that will work - but other than that.... :rolleyes1

I figure we can get a last minute (and by that I mean a day or two before!) adr to Artist Point, but I'm rethinking Whispering Canyon after reading current reviews! Honestly I should just stay off disboards! :tongue:

Have a great time, sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned :wizard:.

Hi everyone :wave2:

A couple of quick questions!

At the Polynesian, do they still drive you from the front of the GCH to the Hawaii building in a golf cart?

Has anyone requested, and gotten, gluten-free foods in the Hawaii building??

Thanks! :sunny:

24 days to go! So I spent time watching the Live Web Cams at both Disneyworld and Disneyland! :love:

I need a Disney fix. AND I haven't told dh and dd about our CL stay! :cloud9: I ordered a special cake:cake: to be delivered on our arrival day, and I got a FP for WISHES on arrival day! Again, haven't told! Its been hard keeping a secret! DH was a bit concerned that I hadn't made too many dinner adr's for this part of our stay, I thought I'd wait and see how things go, with it being especially HOT, I'm not sure if we're going to be hungry! I have California Grill one night, we do enjoy sushi, so that will work - but other than that.... :rolleyes1

I figure we can get a last minute (and by that I mean a day or two before!) adr to Artist Point, but I'm rethinking Whispering Canyon after reading current reviews! Honestly I should just stay off disboards! :tongue:

It's pretty amazing that you've been able to keep all that a secret! I would never be able to keep that much secret ...it would all have to be paid in cash, and even then DH would see the withdrawal:( As for dinners, you really don't have to have much with the appetizers anyway. You can always buy a couple of counter service dinners to split if you just need a bit more:) However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to book a few more of your favorites for dinner and then just cancel if you decide you don't want/need them. I can't imagine how excited you must be with all the surprises you've planned, but I'm pretty excited too since we leave Thursday night!!!

At the Polynesian, do they still drive you from the front of the GCH to the Hawaii building in a golf cart?

Has anyone requested, and gotten, gluten-free foods in the Hawaii building??

Yes, they will drive you to the Hawaii building via golf cart:) Although I have not actually received gluten free food there, I actually spoke to the Chef concerning this because my brother-in-law has Celiac disease. The chef said you would need to note the special dietary needs on your reservation and someone will contact you directly to see what your needs are. The chef said they would be able to get gluten free things for my brother-in-law...perhaps even gluten free beer if requested ahead of time. If you end up doing this, I would really like to hear what your experience is like because we would really like for our entire family to go together, but my brother-in-law is afraid of getting sick.

Yes, they will drive you to the Hawaii building via golf cart:) Although I have not actually received gluten free food there, I actually spoke to the Chef concerning this because my brother-in-law has Celiac disease. The chef said you would need to note the special dietary needs on your reservation and someone will contact you directly to see what your needs are. The chef said they would be able to get gluten free things for my brother-in-law...perhaps even gluten free beer if requested ahead of time. If you end up doing this, I would really like to hear what your experience is like because we would really like for our entire family to go together, but my brother-in-law is afraid of getting sick.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to send an email to IPO so they can add this to our reservation. We're not going until the end of August but I will definitely report back. :)

P.S. I only have a gluten sensitivity, so it's not as important for me to avoid gluten 100%, but for people with Celiac, it really can be deadly. :(

The best part of our Sugarloaf stay was the ride in the golf cart!! Well not the best part, but it was a way cool special surprise. My DH went to park, and they actually went to pick him up :) Unfortunately we haven't had a good experience with our Poly check-ins (both CL and non-CL), but I think it's just my bad luck related to Poly.....nice to hear they offer that ride like at the Grand

Can anyone help me with my room requests for GF SL?

Here is our situation. We have 2 rooms, 5 adults and 2 kids. It will be my parents in one room and me, DH, DD7, DD4, and my MIL in the other. I don't care about views, convenience is more important to me. I'd like the rooms to be close to each other (or adjoining- do they have adjoining rooms in SL?), but it would also be nice to have one of the rooms be deluxe so we'd have more space in the room with 5 people. I'd like to be close to the lounge for convenience, but not sure how loud it gets. We will be the early to rise and early to bed people, plus we might have a child and a grandparent taking a nap in the afternoon :)

Suggestions on what to request and in what order? Or, if you were me, what would you do?

Here is our situation. We have 2 rooms, 5 adults and 2 kids. It will be my parents in one room and me, DH, DD7, DD4, and my MIL in the other. I don't care about views, convenience is more important to me. I'd like the rooms to be close to each other (or adjoining- do they have adjoining rooms in SL?), but it would also be nice to have one of the rooms be deluxe so we'd have more space in the room with 5 people. I'd like to be close to the lounge for convenience, but not sure how loud it gets. We will be the early to rise and early to bed people, plus we might have a child and a grandparent taking a nap in the afternoon :)

Suggestions on what to request and in what order? Or, if you were me, what would you do?

I haven't stayed in SL in quite a few years (since we fell in love with RPC), but one of our last stays there was with my parents. We are not early risers, so we like the Marina side, high floor, away from the atrium. I can't remember if we requested connecting rooms or just adjoining, but we got adjoining rooms(next to each other), away from the atrium on a high floor:) it was nice and quiet! I really don't feel like any of the rooms in SL are particularly inconvenient since every floor other than the first has to take the elevator to the lounge on the first floor. I personally wouldn't want to be on the first floor because it does get loud at times (especially early morning and appetizer hours), but you might like the first floor since you don't sleep late. If you can get a deluxe room, that would be great, but we hung out with my parents in the lounge, so it wasn't a big deal. The lounge was nice and quiet at lunch time, so we enjoyed escaping the crowded park, picking up lunch at Gasparilla and taking it back to the lounge. I think that was my Dad's favorite part-lol! Good luck with your room requests:) I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I would prioritize what is important to you. You have a lot of requests and most likely not all will be met (not trying to depress you but trying to be realistic). If the deluxe room is the most important I would leave that as your request. However, keep in mind that there are only 3 of these rooms in SL and they are one of the most requested. There are no connecting doors to these rooms so the best you could do with that would be adjoining or close by (Please note that adjoining rooms to a room assignor means you want rooms across from or next to another party. Connecting rooms mean you want a room with a door that enables you to move from each room on the interior). If connecting or close together is most important I would list that first and perhaps add deluxe if possible after your primary request.

We have stayed in a deluxe room in SL and despite it being almost directly above the lounge did not find it noisy. I would not want a room on the first floor close to the lounge as it would be very loud. Personally, I would never request close to lounge in this building as I would be afraid of getting one of those first floor rooms. However, we usually request quiet location as I hate a noisy location.

I dont' think any of the rooms are really that far from the lounge, so personally I would not add that but as I mentioned we would fear getting a first floor room anyway with that request. You can look at detailed floor plans of each SL room on touringplans.com to get an idea of where they all are. HTH

i kept saying I WOULD NOT take my mom to poly !!! I took mom and dad in 2011 to CSR and dad agreed I could take mom on a trip,just us girls last fall.

Well, I got a great rate for poly CL for November during construction. I thought about it..... Really the lounge and views make up for anything else. Besides, we are up early and construction is usually 7-5p. So that wasn't going to bother us.

Mom loved it!! We had a great time. The only downside was the extra walk to /from the boat and TTC. However she is still talking about the nice rooms, the great food, access to lounge and monorail!!

I have been to almost all the resorts during construction because I book less than 6months and those are usually all that is left. I have never regretted any construction stay.

I'm sad to say I had to change my gf stay because my son starts school as a freshman at college the days I was going to go. My trip with dd20 is now 8/23-27. I was hoping to meet you but maybe next time.

Thanks Trish...I try to have no regrets and we've been looking forward to trying the Poly for so long now that I'm sure we're going to have a great time. Sad to hear about your new dates..one of these days our paths will cross :o.

omg - I wish!! my daughter had wanted to go to UCF! I can't even imagine the constant Disney trips :joker:

I used to think the same thing a few years ago and would often tell her that if she was to go away to college, she needed to choose a school in Florida so I could visit often. Now, that the time is just around the corner, I keep asking her if she wouldn't prefer a school much closer to home...lol.

Thanks for the advice on the GF SL rooms. Yes, I got my terminology wrong. I would love connecting rooms if they exist in sugar loaf. Does anyone know? I tried to look it up and am not finding any information so I'm going to guess that they don't exist, but it would be nice.

When my mom, sister and I stayed CL at the Poly in January, we walked over to the Hawaii building. No golf cart for us. I'm not sure if it was because of the construction going on at that time, or what, but we hoofed it ;)

It's pretty amazing that you've been able to keep all that a secret! I would never be able to keep that much secret ...it would all have to be paid in cash, and even then DH would see the withdrawal:( As for dinners, you really don't have to have much with the appetizers anyway. You can always buy a couple of counter service dinners to split if you just need a bit more:) However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to book a few more of your favorites for dinner and then just cancel if you decide you don't want/need them. I can't imagine how excited you must be with all the surprises you've planned, but I'm pretty excited too since we leave Thursday night!!!

ha.. Sorry, I meant that most everything is a secret, just not that dates, and where we'll be, CL is the secret...:-) (Same here with money - dh just thought Disney REALLY raised their prices! :rotfl:(and I did get that 30% off applied!))

I added WCC adr, and we have TS adr's for lunches, I figure we'll have leftovers to nibble on in the evening, or do QS at a park? Trying not to overplan - and there's no one to discuss it with!! :rotfl2:

I could be so way off! :blush:

ha.. Sorry, I meant that most everything is a secret, just not that dates, and where we'll be, CL is the secret...:-) (Same here with money - dh just thought Disney REALLY raised their prices! :rotfl:(and I did get that 30% off applied!))

I added WCC adr, and we have TS adr's for lunches, I figure we'll have leftovers to nibble on in the evening, or do QS at a park? Trying not to overplan - and there's no one to discuss it with!! :rotfl2:

I could be so way off! :blush:

I assumed he knew about the trip since he'd need to use vacation time, but it's still pretty impressive that you hid CL!
My DH would have been calling Disney to make sure every penny was accounted for -lol...your DH must really trust you:) it would be hard not to have anyone to discuss plans with!! If it helps, my DH likes to book a few favorites and leave a couple of nights to hang out by the pool and grab something quick (HH by the pool). So it sounds like your plans are good!

I assumed he knew about the trip since he'd need to use vacation time, but it's still pretty impressive that you hid CL!
My DH would have been calling Disney to make sure every penny was accounted for -lol...your DH must really trust you:) it would be hard not to have anyone to discuss plans with!! If it helps, my DH likes to book a few favorites and leave a couple of nights to hang out by the pool and grab something quick (HH by the pool). So it sounds like your plans are good!

I've got an easy - he's an independent contractor for computers working 3 jobs (He's tried to leave 2, but they've given him a raise to finish a job )

Thank you - forgot we'll hit the pool too! DD (17) just ordered an Esther Williams swimsuit! :rotfl: I guess Taylor Swift has made them popular, but she showed me a website, I said, I wondered if she had her own website... yep, and it was $27 cheaper on the official website! Who knew retro would be in by my teenager? :confused3

Just booked WL CL to celebrate our 30th anniversary! :lovestruc We have stayed at the WL & VWL numerous times (it's our home resort)... Really looking forward to CL there! The only other CL I have experienced is AKL.

I have a few questions: are king beds available in the standard rooms? Are all the CL rooms located on the 7th floor? Are there any CL rooms with unobstructed balcony views?

Thanks for the advice on the GF SL rooms. Yes, I got my terminology wrong. I would love connecting rooms if they exist in sugar loaf. Does anyone know? I tried to look it up and am not finding any information so I'm going to guess that they don't exist, but it would be nice.

They do have connecting rooms in SL. The deluxe rooms in SL do not have connecting doors. If connecting is the most important request I would request, connecting with xfamily and/or list the reservation number. You could add and close to lounge, if you are not bothered by the idea of a room on the first floor that could be noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter