• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EWP group?

Gals, many marriages do not last as long as this group. Do you know how very special you all are? I am not one to invite 'cyber' friends into my 'real' life but you all are very REAL part of my life and any of you are welcome to come by any old time, no kidding. :love:

Yes, Angelina (and Elaine, Wendy, Becki) we would love an update on your lives.:woohoo:

My dear Lisa, would you stop insisting on doing so darned much. I do not expect that (nor get it) :rotfl2: from people I pushed out of my birth canal. :rotfl: It pleases me greatly to read about all your adventures on FB or elsewhere and would deeply disturb me for you to give up one minute of your wonderful life to sit and write to me. I just plain love you gal. BTW, I can go round the block and see the Mets in person as this is where they Spring Train. Please join me sometime. I will not force you go to where I plan to go as I have long been a Yankees fan. Please forgive me?:flower3:

SG/Linda

I just got ahold of Elaine and she may drop by for a visit. We all have had many changes in our lives but hers is the most exciting and beautiful. :lovestruc

Back to work for me so I can get ready to take Tom bowling. Some things never change but now I just go up the road a tad instead of 35-40 miles round trip. I still will not drive him if it snows or ices.:banana:

SG/Linda

Wow...I forgot all about this thread! How are you doing Linda? How is Florida?

Things in NJ are good...weather is pretty warm here too... :)

Hey there Joisey, long time no see. Florida is everything I thought it would be and more. Come on down!:cool1:

Elaine is not able to post here. How do you guys feel about moving the Suite to FB? It is not as private though.

I had been absent from another one of my haunts for a long time due to all the work involved in moving and when I checked in last night one person had passed away and I am in fear of what might have happened to another one. It does not pay to take people for granted and I should know that better than most. I feel terribly about it.:sad1:

Off to doctor's appts and have a pitch in dinner tonight where I will read "Casey at Bat", with feeling. The Yankees and Cubs are right around the corner so it has a baseball theme. :)

Linda

I went to a very fancy grocery store today and did not want to waste the trip so I bought two very fancy looking small desserts to bring home for Tom and myself. I seldom eat dessert but this was a flourless cake of some sort.

It was somewhat like a very beautiful transvestite in that it was delightful looking but did not meet my needs. :rotfl2:

Yes, I am as silly as ever.

SG/Linda

Hello my dear friends

I got a very nice reminder that today is the 11th anniversary of our Suite.pixiedust:

So many changes have happened, both in the Suite as well as our personal lives.::yes::

It has been lovely having such wonderful people to share it all, good and bad, with.:flower3:

Now that I am closer to our Suite I will keep a closer eye on it and make sure that appropriate upgrades are made in a timely manner so that we may all continue to live in the style that we aspire to.:beach:

Slightly Goofy/Linda

:wave2:
Hello my dear friends

I got a very nice reminder that today is the 11th anniversary of our Suite.pixiedust:

So many changes have happened, both in the Suite as well as our personal lives.::yes::

It has been lovely having such wonderful people to share it all, good and bad, with.:flower3:

Now that I am closer to our Suite I will keep a closer eye on it and make sure that appropriate upgrades are made in a timely manner so that we may all continue to live in the style that we aspire to.:beach:

Slightly Goofy/Linda

Hey lady: you get around, had no idea you were down here as well:wave2::wave2:

Linda beat me to it!

HAPPY 11TH ANNIVERSARY, EWP SUITE!!!!! :) !!!!!

(I have the date marked on my calendar so that I never forget, each year! ;) )

Here's to many more years of special friendship and great Disney memories! Let's keep our Suite going for ANOTHER 11 years.......at the VERY least!

Love to all of you!!
Lisa :)

Luster, I will have you to know that I am one of the founding members of this group and I welcome you to it. I am not sure you have ever been here before.:thumbsup2

We have a virtual suite at DW with all the material comforts as well as technical ones that one could ever wish for. If you note that there is something that would add to our comforts please do not be afraid to ask our loyal menservants who are on duty 24/7 to make sure that we have the best possible time. Who needs a night in the Castle? It would be downsizing to us!!:wizard:

My dear Lisa, if not for the wonderful BD card you sent me I would have forgotten so you are the one to be applauded for keeping us on track, as usual.:love:

SG

Since I have often talked about my wonderful grandchildren here I thought I would let you all know that we lost our dear Danny recently. He was driving home from work and fell asleep and was killed. He would have been 17 this week. It is heartbreaking for all the usual reasons and a few more as we had not seen him in several years (dil) and I had always dreamed of seeing him once he had grown up. His other grandmother and I comforted each other at the services as she had not seen him either and she lived in the same town and had helped raise him for more years than I.

His older brother and I are now in contact and he has invited me to his Army graduation in Georgia this coming year but I had to promise to bring him cookies. What a wonderful task to have!

Please let this be a cautionary tale to all of those who work too hard and sleep too little to take some time to take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

Thank you, Linda/SG/The Old Lady (is what Danny used to call me)

PARTY IN THE SUITE AT 9:00 PM TONIGHT!

IT'S LINDA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SLIGHTLY GOOFY!

Wishing you another great year of Magic and Pixie Dust!

Love,
Your EWP Suitemates!

P.S. I missed our 12 year anniversary........this thread was started on July 16, 2001! Happy Anniversary, Everyone! :)

There is always a party wherever Miss Lisa is!

I have to tell you all what happened to me a few months ago. Here I was wandering around MK with a few friends, headed -where else but to IASW, when who should I see right smack dab in front of me but Lisa and Frank. I must have lost more weight than I thought because did not notice me. Do you think I let them get away without a giant hug? No siree!

I am enjoying Florida but now that I have become eligible for that most wonderful thing, next to a lifetime pass to DW, a Medicare card I have been burning that thing up right and left. Hoping to get a complete rehaul of this chassis and be back up to actually enjoying our Suite and life again. Nothing really serious just old age and deferred maintenance.

I think of you all often and still have hopes that we shall all be together in our Happy Place one of these days and I want a big hug from each and every one of you and I will give you an even bigger one right back.

Love, SG/Linda

Greetings from Columbus, IN! Wishing you a wonderful birthday Slighty Goofy!

Hope all is well with each of you here in the EWP Suite!

Many blessings to each of you!

Becki

Hey all! Maybe we should move this to fb with a close group page? Then there is privacy??

I am excited.. we will be driving down at the end of Aug and staying at AKL for a week, then cruising! I can't wait!!

Hello there Becki, you newlywed you! How are things? Is he fully converted to the Disney life yet? So many questions. Do you remember my old email? Just change it to gmail.com and you could contact me. How are the kids doing? Well the girls are now young ladies and heck the boy might be driving by now. Time flies!

Hey there Joisey, yes FB might be a good place to gather but it is anything but private. I will join you guys wherever you go.

I have found that Disney does not quite have the same allure it once had. Some of it is that I have found what I used to go there for in where I am living but some has to do with mobility issues and naturally just as I start to falter Disney has cut back on the help they once gave. I assume it is because of the amount of abuse of the system they have had. A doctor's note would cure most of that IMO.

We are hoping to get a few more days out of our AP's in November if possible. Since it only cost me $6 to upgrade from the FD passes we bought last Christmas we do not have much invested. lol

Thank you for joining me in the Suite for my 65th BD. l love you gals.

SG/Linda

Hey Angelina!

How nice to see someone in the Suite. Since I moved to my very real Suite I do not get in there to dust as often as I should.

I got my dates for my surgeries today, teeth taken out and dentures put in on the 6th and total knee replacement on the 24th. All was planned before the move as I was waiting on Medicare and a better location for medical care. More to be done later this year. I will be the bionic woman and maybe able to go back to trekking around Disney World once again. I hope. :thumbsup2

I think I missed Becky who was due to come down here in January. I will have to check. Lisa has become a professional runner. Colleen is working on having fully grown children and volunteering with cats and such. I know I am missing someone so they will have to fill you in.

Now, how about an update on YOU?

SG/Linda

I'm here, too, Angie! (Hi Linda! :) ) :) How have you been??!! Great to "see" you! :) How is your family? How is this crazy winter weather treating all of you?

How are you and Tom doing, Linda? I still owe you that full-sized e-mail, I know.......I have just been so bad about keeping up - it's just hard to get myself to sit down at the computer for any length of time. Darn smart phones......contributing to my "short attention span" issue, I guess......! ;)

Thank you for your kind "billing", Linda, but I would hardly call myself a professional runner........just a crazy "addict", that's all.......! ;)

Hope that all is well with you both - and everyone else in the Suite! And hope that you're all having a nice, long Holiday weekend! :)

Lisa, you do not owe me a darned thing except to be happy. :cool1: Now, please explain to Angelina just what you are up to as it is just the most perfect ending I could have thought up for you and I want to hear the details again. :cheer2:

It would be loverly to have an update from everyone as to how their lives are going. HINT HINT.

Angelina, you next.:angel:

SG/Linda

It's been over a year and a half since checking in. Wow, time flies. Nice to see familiar names still here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter