• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EWP group?

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
Well, let's see. Our EWP thread was halted because we got too chatty. Oops! (grin) Now if I start a thread over here are we allowed to carry on and be our wild selves? I will contact Rider, Janet, Angelina, and Tiiiigergirl and anyone one else who wants t o join in and we can do our thing?

If any of the moderators read this and see that I am wrong please let me know. We promise we will whisper and play nice.

Slightly Goofy

Hi, SlightlyGoofy, I found you! Thanks for the messages. I just rceived a postcard from the Swan/Dolphin about the straight A's club for kids at those resorts. I'm ready to plan our next trip--my post-Disney blues are starting to lift, and I can begin to think about another trip now. My sister is going in three weeks, so I have the excitement of her trip to help, too. I still wake up every morning thinking about our vacation, I can almost hear the breeze in the palm trees, and the little boats running around the marina!

Dear Bashful

We are a rowdy group who were kicked out of the Attractions forum for getting off topic (Electric Water Parade) and out of control. We have snuck over here to foment some trouble and cause havoc NOT!!!!

We just met each other and liked chatting together so I have arranged this room for us to visit and keep up with each others lives.

You are welcome to join us but I warn you we will take away your bashfullness and turn you into a brazen broad like we are!

Angelina - How wonderful you found the room. How do you like the decor? It is furnished island style with lots of palm trees, grass mats and cool drinks. Please feel free to add your own touches. Can't wait for the others to catch up with us.

Slightly Goofy

Did I mention that our gathering room has a picture window view of the lagoon and the EWP? You can step out of the a/c onto our private veranda if you p refer to be under the stars rather than the ceiling fans.

Rider and Janet, we are waiting for you and hope you join us soon.

Angelina, what is the straight A club? I hope it is what I think it is. About time that academics get the recognition that sports does. Yeah!!!!

Slightly Goofy

Welcome to the Community board...we welcome wild and crazy. Your gathering room sounds spectacular..mind if I join you?

Hey Chaos

You sound like our kind of people. I am trying to round up the members of our lost thread so it is a little slow right now. We started out on a thread that was discussing the Electrical Water Parade. We have one member who received a proposal of marriage on her recent trip to DW. Janet is our resident technical advisory and has posted the greatest EWP vido on a thread.

I am a professional grandma and literacy tutor. Please pull up a beanbag and I will bring you a nice cold drink and we can get to know each other. We have a few hours until the parade comes by. I think we can get a good view of the fireworks from here also.

Slightly Goofy

Actually, SG, I think you and your EWP guys will fit in just fine over here on the CB. I think everyone, me too, is a little crazy at times over here.
errrr.gif
We always have about a dozen groups of one sort or another enjoying this place, along with all the folks.
circle.gif
Have fun!!!!
cheering.gif

Nice to meet you slightly goofy. I am a SAHM and school volunteer of 3... 16, 10 and 6. I was a teacher and am looking to go back to school and get a new career. We saW the EWP many time during our March stay at WL. We saw it from the beach, from the villa and from a boat from the contemporary. By the way...my parents are in northwestern Indiana.

Hello, again, SG. Yes, the Straight A Club at the Swan/Dolphin hotels is for those children with all A's. They bring their report cards to the hotel desk and receive a Club cap, which entitles them to free ice cream when they're wearing it, and a discount on meals. Good incentive, don't you think? I love the decor, by the way. It reminds me of our room at the Poly.

Welcome to the Community Board! Wild and crazy? I think you'll fit right in. :D

Sure SG, this is the perfect board to chat away! This is a "Just for Fun" board, whereas the original thread was on a Trip Planning (Resorts) board and that board moves so fast we try to keep it open for on topic threads, so new posts don't get lost. :)
Have fun here!
CC

Thanks Slightly Goofy. I would love to pull up a chair and hang out under the stars or the ceiling fans :D

I am a WAHM with three kids (aged 7, 5 and 21 months). When not hanging out on the DIS or working at my computer (my DH and I have have our own consulting company) or taking care of the kids...I'm usually asleep because the rest takes up most of the day :D

I must say I have never seen the EWP because I have never been to WDW. We will be taking our first trip this year. On the other hand we do go to Disneyland at least once a year.

It is very nice to meet you all...I think that the EWP will fit in quite nicely on the CB.

Good afternoon all!!

What a wonderful welcome. I may just have to move into this place. Much more relaxing than my real world. I just came in from picking peas and I have a grandson asleep on the couch and a couch potato in the bedroom wearing out the numbers on the remote.

Bashful, I just have to know what the heck WAHM is? I am not up on all the computer lingo so please forgive me. However, if you want to know a long word that means the same as a short one I am the one to ask. LOL This will be my first time to see the EWP also even though we have been to DW many, many times. Would be great for us all to see it together.

Angelina, you must be so proud of your DD. It gives her something to aim for and she deserves the attention for her accomplishments.

Dan and Cathy, TY for the nice welcome. You guys can keep us under control. We need outside help on that one. :jester:

Chaos, I am just south of Indps. Where are your parents? You can be our EWP expert if you would like?

If anyone notices an odor to the breeze, it is not the palm trees but I have removed my shoes for comfort. Please join me.

Slightly Goofy

Hey SG, I'm a neighbor. I live on the west side of Indy. :wave:

Hello Serena

Small world isn't it? Do you go to DW a lot? We could share the driving. LOL We live down near Columbus, IN. Used to live in Brown County. Used to live in Indpls a very long time ago. Welcome to the forum and please feel free to bring anything you want along with you. There is plenty of room. I made sure to make the walls expandable.

What is your favorite part of DW? What is your least favorite part? We are going back in Novbember. We have been 3 times since my DH retired and this will make 4 and our last at least for awhile.

Slightly Goofy

SG ( is it ok to call you that for short?)

A WAHM is a work at home mom. I have an office at home and run our business from there. It means I get to be home for the kids when they need me (no daycare). It actually allows me to have the best of both worlds..being a stay at home mom and a working mom. The commute is nice too ;)

SG, just putting my feet up with ya and enjoying your "smile" signature! :p
CC

Bashful, thank you so much for adding to my store of knowledge. I can relate to you. I was a SAHM also with my own business (of sorts) along with volunterring etc. Just wondering how you get anything done though working from home. I did mine while DH was at work and kids were at school. There are too many distractions. Wish my DD could do her work from home but I think she enjoys getting out and about and after all she has me to pick up the pieces. I love it so I am not complaining.

Cathy, I am having a glass of iced tea before I head out to the parks for the evening. Please join me. Do you take lemon? No sugar for me. Ijust love these mid day breaks but I fear this one went on a bit too long. Just one of the joys of going often and staying long. No worry, philosophy. Always wanted to visit Canada, especially Quebec. Maybe someday?

Slightly Goofy

SG trust me it isn't easy to get my work done. I had to get used to being interrupted all of the time. Now I don't mind too much except if I have a deadline to meet and then it can get kind of hairy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter