• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entertainer at Poly Fired - Lipoa's Return!! & 'Ohana's changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just briefly caught wind of this from reading about the Tigger incident on another thread. It is heart warming to see someone like Alohaguy take the time to help right a wrong - good for you. And I'm so glas that Lipoa has gotten her job back - she seems like a wonderful employee who helps spread the magic that we all love!

GREAT NEWS!!!

A HUGE way to go and atta boy for alohaguy!!! Who knows for sure if your efforts here on the DIS had any influence on such a ahuge Company but I for one choose to believe it did!!!

pirate:

Yay!!!! :banana:

We love Lipoa as well. We were saddened and disgusted with what had happened, and we're glad to hear that she has been reinstated and her name cleared.

Now I have to ask: "What Tigger incident???" :confused:

I haven't been able to come to the DIS lately, so please point me in the right direction.

One other thought - is anyone going to be at 'Ohana's on Tuesday the 9th? This is Lipoa's first night back. Just curious. We will be sending her a little surprise that night to welcome her back.

Thanks again to everyone, and thank you for all of the private messages I've received.

Aloha

I'll be there, AlohaGuy! :banana:

But from a company standpoint - why not stand behind your employee until proven guilty? How about being put on suspension w/ pay until guilt/lack of guilt is proven? I mean, in Lipoa's case, were there any criminal charges filed for indecent exposure? Not that I know of. That just makes it appear that the guy on the floor was out looking to see what he could get from Disney - and I hope to heaven they did not give him anything. It sets a terrible precedent. It also seems like Disney wanted to appear magnanimous in letting Lipoa come back - like they were doing her a big favor because so many fans wrote in. They should be on their knees apologizing very publicly. This is not only her livelihood - this is her good name we are talking about here.

Because the company is no longer ran like Walt would want it, thats why. Disney as a company comes first, and the cast members second. In regards to getting something, I can almost promise you he did. The squeaky wheel is the one that gets oiled.

I am not sure I posted this before but if not, here it is.. I am thrilled that she got her job back, absolutely thrilled and would love to think that the Dis had something to do with her being reinstated and of course all through the efforts of Alohaguy who had conviction to fight for what was right..

I actually do not know Lipoa and have not been to O'Hana lately but have in the past, I probably just do not remember or was there before she came on or was too busy into my food..:lmao:

But congratulations to Lipoa on being reinstated and to the person on the floor taking pictures, I could say a lot to him, but mostly buddy, take your pics standing on your feet and not laying on the floor....people will keep their jobs that way with no trouble as you will not be accusing them of indecent exposure or whatever she was accused of. People are strange.

Oh! She was so entertaining! She even got my dh to do the anniversary dance with me (that was a shocker, lol). This is unbelievable that it happened.

Great news that she was hired back!!

I am so pleased this is the outcome for the story - but what a disgrace that Lipoa had to go through all this heartbreak.

Lipoa, we have fond memories of you during our first trip to WDW this November. Our 8 year old sons loved Ohana, and it was definitely your welcome and entertainment that made the evening special for them. One son was thrilled to be at the front of the the line at the end of the coconut races (OK, he insists he "won" and we keep emphasizing that it was for fun). His twin, who has cerebral palsy, especially enjoyed the limbo. For me, what made is special was the warm welcome you gave him - you went out of your way to ensure he was included and helped find a way for him to enjoy the activities. You should see the grin on his face doing the limbo! I hope this wonderful swell of support for you has helped to sustain you and will keep you strong when you are welcomed "home" tomorrow night (think I have the days right).

As my boys keep reminding me, Ohana means family - and you have brought joy to so many families over the years. Thanks to Alohaguy for giving us all a chance to show you our support.

Yay. I just found this thread today. I immediately began composing my letter to WDW, but thankfully as I read more I was able to turn it into a letter of thanks instead of a letter of complaint.

For me, Lipoa is 'Ohana. I couldn't imaging eating there or staying at the Poly if this hadn't been resolved the way it was. My niece and nephew are asking to stay at the Poly for our next visit because they enjoyed our meal at 'Ohana so much during our last stay.

Congratulations, Lipoa, and I look forward to our next visit to 'Ohana.

Peace,

LD

Alohaguy, will you post back here and let those of us who cannot be there tomorrow night know how it goes? I hope Lipoa gets the rousing "Welcome Back" she deserves! Please pass on the good wishes of those of us not there. We want every detail of the evening!

Alohaguy, will you post back here and let those of us who cannot be there tomorrow night know how it goes? I hope Lipoa gets the rousing "Welcome Back" she deserves! Please pass on the good wishes of those of us not there. We want every detail of the evening!

We are not going to be there tomorrow night either. We live in the northeast. I had posted earlier trying to see if anyone on these boards will be there. We will, however, be sending her a little gift to welcome her back tomorrow night. Also, we'll be talking to her on the phone on Wednesday, and I will post her reaction to returning.

Thanks again to everyone. It wasn't me that made any difference, all I did was a little typing - it was the hundreds, or thousands, of e-mails from everyone else that expedited her case in arbitration. I only sent one e-mail, like everyone else. So the thanks goes to everyone who made their voice heard.

Congratulations to Lipoa. And Alohaguy - you are a great friend to have.

imho, the idiot who started this whole mess should at least be given a free breakfast, say Eggs Benedict with Hollendaise made with rancid butter and spiked with the juice of scotch bonnet peppers.:rotfl2: ( and for added good measure, remove all the toilet paper from bathrooms within running distance )!!!

That is sooo amazing!! My family, especially my two sisters, were so saddened by the fact that she was not there during our dinner last week on NYE. Her replacement, Lipaca (??) did a wonderful job, but it just was not the same. I look forward to sharing the great news with my family, and even more so look forward to seeing her on our next trip to Ohana! Welcome back, Lipoa!!

This is great news. I haven't had the pleasure ot meet her yet but I hope too as I have read many good things.

Congrats Lipoa!! :)

Wow! We just got back from Disney. We ate at Ohana's Friday night and I wondered where she was? My girls loved her. They even had her sign their autograph books, and she drew them beautiful pictures in their books. The man that was there did a nice job, but I still wondered where Lipoa was. I stumbled over this thread while surfing about the Tigger fiasco. I'm glad that Lipoa is back and that all the emails sent made a difference for her.

I too am glad that this has been resolved. I did not hear about it until today, but am very upset about the Tigger incident and finding out that this was fixed gives me hope.

I will definitley write guest relations. I remember her from my last trip and she was awesome.

I wish I could punch that guy in the face. What a horrible thing to do to someone's reputation.

Shame on Disney for not taking her side and treating her fairly.

Got a call from Guest relations this afternoon. They thanked me for my concern, let me know Lipoa was re-instated(which, of course, I already knew, thanks to the DIS;) ) and that she had been back at work for a couple of nights.

I told them I appreciated them doing the right thing by her. That I knew she was back and that I had sent an email thanking them for doing this. At least they did call and acknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter