EMH...Mornings, YES!! Evenings, Nooooooo!

We have had very good experiences at Epcot PM EMH and AK EMH mornings when there was EMH every morning. MK AM was ok the one time we went but in no case were popular rides walk ons (except Soarin at Ep). Just less busy.

Just confirming what I thought I had learned over trips the last twelve years.
EMH mornings are AWESOME. We rope dropped Slinky Dog at 7 AM, then headed down Sunset Boulevard and rode RRC and ToT over and over literally until we were sick. Absolutely no wait whatsoever. (This was Tuesday, 7/10.) We were out of the park, queasy but satisfied, by 9 AM.

EMH evening at MK (11 pm - 1 am) was a different story last night.
Not a pleasant experience. Lets just say a lot more people are willing to stay up late on their vacation than get up early. :scared:
I was at evening EMH at MK last night as well. It was crazy. We do evening EMH often and are usually here about this time of year. Last night was the most crowded I've ever seen it. Last trip we walked on everything at MK evening EMH.

OP - how long did it take you to get through Slinky dog? We have a 7:45 ADR at Trattoria on the Boardwalk and I'm wondering if we can slip in right at 7am, ride slinky, and slip out of the park and walk to Boardwalk by then.

My absolute favorite EMH is Midnight to 2:00 am (sometimes 3:00am) on December 30th...

I was at evening EMH at MK last night as well. It was crazy. We do evening EMH often and are usually here about this time of year. Last night was the most crowded I've ever seen it. Last trip we walked on everything at MK evening EMH.

When was your last trip?

For those of you at MK last night, did Space & BTMRR come back up? I’m wondering if that messed things up for awhile?

OP - how long did it take you to get through Slinky dog? We have a 7:45 ADR at Trattoria on the Boardwalk and I'm wondering if we can slip in right at 7am, ride slinky, and slip out of the park and walk to Boardwalk by then.

Due to a driving mishap (I ended up in cast member parking :headache:) we arrived at the tapstiles right at 7 am.
In the back of the rope drop crowd, we waited about 25 minutes. We were off and walking by 730. Then on down an empty Sunset Boulevard to RRC and ToT.

Are these not typical? I only see these for HS in the near future...

The 7 am EMH is usually only available during Christmas week, Easter week, and sometimes for a few days around Thanksgiving. They used them last year for the Pandora opening and are using them right now for Toy Story Land opening. I fully expect Star Wars to have them for a couple months when they open next year as well.

Like @ShadeDK said, evening EMH you’re still dealing with resort guests who got in line before the attractions closed to non-guests.

Another thing to consider is that non-resort guests can still stay in the park - just not ride attractions (although this is debatable in some cases). They can stay and shop, buy Dole Whips, etc. And this definitely makes the PM EMH much more crowded than AM.

AM EMH are not to be missed by this crew. They’re gold.

Any reports from evening Epcot EMH?

We've gone twice and have only been for the first 45 mins or so (kids who aren't ready to stay up all night). The first year Soarin was 20-30 mins in the first half hour. TT was 30-40. This year was walk on for Soarin right at 9. They didn't even have all three sections of the 1 theater full when we rode. We did it twice back to back. TT was 30-40 but it had been longer all day. It probably got less as the night went on. I didn't notice FEA because we weren't going into WS. SE was walk on. Didn't check MS. Everything else was walk on. To us it's nice to have a more relaxing atmosphere. We let the kids play in the play areas in SE, Figment, and the Seas instead of rushing them thru and there's no one there. If you just want to ride headliners it's probably hit or miss as to whether or not you're going to get walk ons or really short lines but the whole atmosphere is really nice. The place feels empty since the park is so big.

My DH and I are going to WDW from 10/31 to 11/2 before our cruise. MK is have EMH from 8a-9a on 10/31. Not sure if we should avoid MK on this day since it is closing early for MNSSHP. Do you think the EMH would be crazy busy since MK has shorter regular hours that day?

None of this is etched in stone. Some EMH are busy and some are not.

If the weather is unfavorable, for example, then people tend to leave. It can be high heat, heavy rain, high wind, very cold, or even just a dramatic change from afternoon highs (shorts weather vs. hats/jackets/gloves weather)

Our last AM MK EMH was very busy.

My DH and I are going to WDW from 10/31 to 11/2 before our cruise. MK is have EMH from 8a-9a on 10/31. Not sure if we should avoid MK on this day since it is closing early for MNSSHP. Do you think the EMH would be crazy busy since MK has shorter regular hours that day?

We went that exact same week last year and did the EMH on Nov 1 that was also a party day, the last party day. We had FP+ for 7DMT, so we concentrated our EMH time in Tomorrowland. I was surprised at how empty it was! If you have park hoppers and/or don't mind the early closing, I'd plan on that day for MK in a heartbeat. The park never did get very crowded. We left a little after 4:00 for another park to escape the party arrivals.

We love the evening EMH - all depends on your personality and how you like to tour. I think this is one of those situations where it's not a one size fit all as it depends on park hours, crowd levels, etc as well.

We went that exact same week last year and did the EMH on Nov 1 that was also a party day, the last party day. We had FP+ for 7DMT, so we concentrated our EMH time in Tomorrowland. I was surprised at how empty it was! If you have park hoppers and/or don't mind the early closing, I'd plan on that day for MK in a heartbeat. The park never did get very crowded. We left a little after 4:00 for another park to escape the party arrivals.

Thank you! Yes, we have park hoppers and plan on doing a morning in one park then switching to another in the afternoon. I feel much more comfortable attempting EMH at MK now :)

The prevailing opinion is that MK has generally lower crowds on early closing days. Even if a slightly higher percentage of MK park guests go to EMH than normally would, it will still be lightly attended simply because fewer people overall will choose MK for their park that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter