Elf Island

I would hardly call mahjong an arcade game. get googling again ROFL

OK ok... it's sort of an arcade game. :confused3 I didn't get the whole tile moving thing.

Guess I was talking more of that Zong game or whatever - reminds me of that balloon popping thing that gave me nightmares.

ETA: ZUMA!

Oh, I would want to have both games solo and play with another. Although, as we saw in Smallworlds, if you play a game with a "random another" instead of a friend some people are poor sports if they are losing and quit. So while I want to play against others, this is a problem we could see with that.

I agree that both solo and paired/teams games would be nice. (Another problem we've seen at SW lately is there a couple of people who will play for a while, but when they start to lose they just won't take a turn (sometimes for hours), so eventually people have to quit so they can do something else and the other person wins.)

OK ok... it's sort of an arcade game. :confused3 I didn't get the whole tile moving thing.

Guess I was talking more of that Zong game or whatever - reminds me of that balloon popping thing that gave me nightmares.

ETA: ZUMA!

think of those tiles as actual tiles, forget its on a video screen in a game :)

You pick up a tile and match it with another tile and both come of the board. If you enjoy any kind of a solitaire type of game you will like mahjong. If you dont, well... then you wont :rotfl:

think of those tiles as actual tiles, forget its on a video screen in a game :)

You pick up a tile and match it with another tile and both come of the board. If you enjoy any kind of a solitaire type of game you will like mahjong. If you dont, well... then you wont :rotfl:

Ok, well I do like solitare/puzzle/logic type games - anything that DOESN'T require coordination :rotfl:

BUT..... the tiles are all face up, correct? Guess it doesn't take a rocket scientist to match up pairs :rotfl:

I think I'll like Mahjong after all :teeth:

OMG you never heard of mahjong???

REPORTED!

She'd know what it was if she were Jewish like me. :teeth:
Mom's being in a Mah Jongg playing club for years, and I don't know how to play. :eek:

I love both Mah Jongg and Zuma. The other does look something like Bejeweled. Which I also like that game.

I agree that we should have both solo and PvP games.

Pink: In Mah Jongg you do have to match tiles. But, they both have to be "free". Free tiles are not covered by any other tiles and have a free edge on their left or right side. So it can be tricky. Also, some versions let you take as long as you want. Others will be on a timer.

Ok, well I do like solitare/puzzle/logic type games - anything that DOESN'T require coordination :rotfl:

BUT..... the tiles are all face up, correct? Guess it doesn't take a rocket scientist to match up pairs :rotfl:

I think I'll like Mahjong after all :teeth:
The only tricky part is getting all of the tiles off the board in matched pairs. While it's sometimes possible to use permissible but imperfect matches, the scores will be lower.
Mom's being in a Mah Jongg playing club for years, and I don't know how to play. :eek:
I was so fascinated with online mahjong that I decided to get a book about the real thing. Lo and behold, it's a completely different animal than the solo arcade game. Much more complicated, and of course it is multiplayer. Someday I really would like to learn though, as I have a lovely antique Mahjong set.

My mom's been playing mahjong for a loooong time. When she gets together with her friends to play, it's a totally different game with bams, cracks and dots (rofl)...it's nothing like the online game that I love. :rotfl:

My mom's been playing mahjong for a loooong time. When she gets together with her friends to play, it's a totally different game with bams, cracks and dots (rofl)...it's nothing like the online game that I love. :rotfl:

Before my grandpas eyes were bad he use to be able to play Mah Jong on club pogo, he would spend hours each day. Now he can't becuase he can't see too well

Before my grandpas eyes were bad he use to be able to play Mah Jong on club pogo, he would spend hours each day. Now he can't becuase he can't see too well

Awww, hugs. :hug: There is a Mahjong game (not online) that has really big tiles and you can change the color/design on them. I wonder if this would make it easier for your grandpa to see the tiles...? :goodvibes

My motherinlaw has a special magnifer for her computer that makes it possible for her to use it, something like that might make it possible for him to play again.

My motherinlaw has a special magnifer for her computer that makes it possible for her to use it, something like that might make it possible for him to play again.

thanks for trying to help but the light from the computer hurts his eyes

thanks for trying to help but the light from the computer hurts his eyes

Aww, hugs. They make anti-glare shields that fit over the monitor -- maybe something like this would help tone down the light for him. :hug:

now that finally looks like an in game shot :)

Looks wootastic :)

(and dont bother wootastic is reserved :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter