Elf Island

wdwdreamin

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I saw this site mentioned somewhere on here a while back so I thought you might be interested in this info. The graphic on their website now has a little animation added and when I emailed them yesterday to ask when we'd be getting more info this is what I got back.

Thank you! We are really excited about our launch later this summer.

Be sure to check back soon for a blog we’ll post for all to reference on Elf Island. In the blog we will share tidbits about Elf Island and why we started developing this awesome virtual world.

Thanks again for your inquiry and get excited. VERY excited!

----
Liz Kronenberger
Co-Founder & VP of Marketing
Good Egg Studios
liz@goodeggstudios.com
edited to remove personal contact information
www.elfisland.com

"In compliance with The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), it is necessary for us to obtain parental permission for all children under the age of thirteen (13) to register as a member of Elf Island. We will not knowingly accept, collect, maintain or use any information from any children under the age of 13 without first receiving appropriate verifiable consent. For any child under the age of 13, a parent or legal guardian will need to contact privacy@goodeggstudios.com to provide consent to such child's registration and for access to any area of Elf Island that may gather personal information. Permission and access will only be granted after such consent has been verified."
http://www.elfisland.com/

ETA heres the pre reg link

http://www.registration.elfisland.com/vmk.php

heh, love the tail end of their e-mail

Seems some people take federal regulations serioiusly :rotfl:

Good news! I got an email from Liz (staff from Elf Island).

Thanks for the great emails of enthusiasm and your interest in Elf Island!

We’ve heard from quite a few former VMKers. Sorry you had to go through the closing of VMK.

The good news! If you loved VMK, we think you’ll flip over Elf Island, especially if you become one of the founding players from the very beginning. Elf Island has
tons of cool fun like VMK, but it’s actually a whole new kind of virtual world with lots of experiences not found anywhere else.

We’re especially pumped about Gaming for Good™, which empowers kids to play an active role in making a difference in the real world! Your online game play
will help create acts of good. Not pretend good. Actual good. It’s such a great feeling!

And you’ll get to live the island life in an amazingly creative environment packed with active, safe social interaction and game play. It’s the kind of fun you loved at VMK, but even more!

Elf Island is still under wraps, but we’ll be launching this summer. Because we follow children’s privacy guidelines, we can’t communicate with you again after this email, but we invite you to keep visiting Elf Island to check for updates. We’ll be in beta test soon.... and check back to www.elfisland.com for news about pre-registration and an upcoming blog!

Thanks again for your interest!

Thanks for the update! This is sounding pretty good so far.

Does anyone know if this is the same company that made the interactive online novels?

Anyway, found their blog : http://blog.elfisland.com/

I'm really hoping that this is as kid friendly as they say - still haven't found a good substitute for my kids...

thanks for posting the blog,

this is the game that peeked my interest early on, we still dont know much but for some reason it gives you feeling its going to be great. I think for me its the title page on elfisland.com has that cartoony feel that I liked about vmk.

Hope its a keeper :thumbsup2

oh they updated their blog too

Elf Island wants to hear from you!

What special cause would you help if you had the power to give back to people, animals and the earth? Post your comment and share the causes that are near and dear to your heart.

nice catch fan, egad, did they mention pirates @_@

I've been checking almost every day for updates on this game. I can't wait to have a chance to play it. It looks very cute!

it is for some reason very interesting even without seeing much. If they can create a game half as well as they can create anticipation it will be fantastic!

There is now pre-registration for Elf Island exclusivly for 'VMK Refugees'!

http://www.registration.elfisland.com/vmk.php

Here's what u see after you register:

Your spot as a Founder of Elf Island is reserved!
The countdown to launch is on! You'll soon be able to
search for the amazing secret. Play games that help
real people, animals and the earth. Create an Elf that
walks and flies! Live on your personal island. Chat,
trade and meet awesome animals! And, of course,
you'll get special privileges as a Founder!

First rights to explore our wondrous island!
An exclusive secret hideaway for VMKers*
to reunite with lost friends!

A rare Founder’s Cap to forever honor you
as a founding citizen of Elf Island!

When Elf Island launches later this summer, it will be announced on the official Elf Island Blog. At that time, you will able to register by using the Elf Name and Password you submitted. Check the blog for the latest news!

Wow- Thanks for posting that, cyre!

I think it's great how these games have reached out to our community. I don't know much about the game yet, but they certainly seem to have a unique approach to a virtual world. I'm not a huge fan of their art, but it could grow on me!

I'll definitely sign up for the game preview- I mean, I can't turn down a free hat! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter