dvcrofr.com

What is the process for matching up the room/suites? Are you comparing DVC villas to cash DVC villas or hotel rooms?
Comparing to cash DVC villas. Mousesavers makes it easy as they have a whole section at the bottom of their listed rack rates dedicated to the DVC rooms (WDW only). I could put together a google sheet with the non-WDW resorts and the rooms listed to book and start a new thread to help identify which ones would be equivalent to DVC.

Ok non-WDW resorts are live, spot checked a few and they're looking good. I did see some formatting issues with the heatmaps and the missing hotel rates that I need to take a closer look at, but overall seems to be working.

https://www.dvcrofr.com/dvc-vs-rack-rates
Amazing!

The savings on the West Coast properties are pretty eye popping, even with a 20% discount on the rack rate (which they don’t usually do for the 1bd and higher).

Ok non-WDW resorts are live, spot checked a few and they're looking good. I did see some formatting issues with the heatmaps and the missing hotel rates that I need to take a closer look at, but overall seems to be working.

https://www.dvcrofr.com/dvc-vs-rack-rates
I think dvcrofr.com is an indispensable tool for dvc nerds everywhere. Maybe it should be pinned to the DVC Forum (if it isn’t already)? @Sandisw

DVCFan @pkrieger2287 and @Amy Krieger should write an article or give a shout out on YouTube as a public service announcement. I bet so many others would love using it!

I think dvcrofr.com is an indispensable tool for dvc nerds everywhere. Maybe it should be pinned to the DVC Forum (if it isn’t already)? @Sandisw

DVCFan @pkrieger2287 and @Amy Krieger should write an article or give a shout out on YouTube as a public service announcement. I bet so many others would love using it!
I think an issue would be the World Of DVC parent company. They pay a lot of money to flood the market with advertising so that other DVC services can’t find any daylight.

Ah thanks very nice of you! I think I’m probably closer to being banned than pinned 😂. Been meaning to write some articles explaining the tools/analysis to improve the site and google search results. It’s so much more fun to make new tools though 🤷‍♂️

Ah thanks very nice of you! I think I’m probably closer to being banned than pinned 😂. Been meaning to write some articles explaining the tools/analysis to improve the site and google search results. It’s so much more fun to make new tools though 🤷‍♂️
Unfortunately, there may be more truth to that than some might think...

It would be impossible to pin threads for all the grest resources that are out there.

It has nothing to do with the sponsors of the site either. They have no say or input in decisions

So, unfortunately, it’s not possible to pin it.

@Galactic Reversal I visited the site to look at some things and got an alert from a security software I have installed. The web page actually loads, so I am not sure what it's blocking. Maybe my PC is doomed already... Are you using any third-party software that may be malicious?

1698776874887.png

@Galactic Reversal I visited the site to look at some things and got an alert from a security software I have installed. The web page actually loads, so I am not sure what it's blocking. Maybe my PC is doomed already... Are you using any third-party software that may be malicious?

View attachment 806587
Uh oh that's not good, thanks for letting me know. Do you remember what page exactly or if it was a link or button that you clicked? It may be blocking an API call to fetch data based on the domain shown, but there shouldn't be anything malicious there. I'll see if I can investigate on my end as well.

Alright, I’ve finally set up a google sheet as a rough draft of a financial tool I’d like to put on www.dvcrofr.com. I just started this yesterday so it's pretty utilitarian and I haven't tested all the inputs, but I wanted to share and get feedback from those that would find this sort of tool useful. Please let me know if you find issues and what additions or changes you would like to see.

Save a copy to edit:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dMXuHHpIoWFVgkCEm1hxkvVdjgpckwZHmIoyxesiE2o/edit?usp=sharing

There are lots of inputs (I want it to be very customizable), but many can be switched off or zeroed out for a simpler model. I’ve also included manual overrides for using/banking/renting points to really make it fit what you want to do with a specific contract. I see this being most useful to handle banked/borrowed points upon purchase and/or manually input your first trip. Just be a little careful using the manual override columns…I added some warnings, but be sure to check columns AH:AK to make sure things make sense if you’re making manual adjustments.

All transactions are assumed to occur at EOM for simplicity (including start date at EOM of closing date).

The idea is that you could set it up with your custom preferences, and then use it to compare the financials of different contracts.

Here’s the other potential uses I could think of:
  • Calculate breakeven time/trips
  • Determine opportunity cost of funding DVC
  • Determine whether a loan is worth it to you and evaluate different loan terms/early payoff
  • Determine financially equivalent offer prices for different contracts using PVs
  • Assigning value to banked/borrowed points by normalizing to a reference contract
  • Evaluate profitability of investment strategy

Last edited:
Uh oh that's not good, thanks for letting me know. Do you remember what page exactly or if it was a link or button that you clicked? It may be blocking an API call to fetch data based on the domain shown, but there shouldn't be anything malicious there. I'll see if I can investigate on my end as well.

It happened at first on the main home page and then again when I clicked one of the menu items on the top, but I don't recall which one.

It happened at first on the main home page and then again when I clicked one of the menu items on the top, but I don't recall which one.
Haven't found anything on my end, let me know if this continues and I'll report it to malwarebytes. Thanks!

It looks like one of the brokers rebranded and it broke the links on the resales listings page. I'll try to get that fixed today.

Not sure if it's banned, but for the curious: https://www.**********.com/ is now https://****************.com/

update: hey mods look over here, this broker rebranded their entire company to avoid your filter and it's working!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter