DVC Trip # 2 - BLT and BWV Split Stay(Critters and Final comments added)

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Wow !!! Disney World trip time is the fastest time on Earth. I swear the clocks speed up down there. After 40 days of pre-trip reports, It's now time for the real deal. We had 9 glorious days at BLT and BWV with a gang of 8 in two bedroom suites.

Boy, did we hit the weather perfect. I first booked this week, the end of June, but switched to June 16-24. I was so concerned about the weather and the long range forecast was not helping my anxiety. A couple days before the trip, the forecast for Lake Buena Vista improved dramatically. We ended up with amazingly great weather with high 80's, a nice breeze and clear first half of week. We had some clouds later in week and our last day was tropical storm Debbie's first day. We had left our poncho's at home and bought umbrella's the last day only.
This week, I see Debbie is hanging around central Florida much longer than expected.

Here's the gang:

DW and I at the airport
imagebdx.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-06-26

DD and DW, the Disney Nuts

imagedsx.jpg

DS and friend
imageafz.jpg

Our twin, college graduate nieces
imageiem.jpg

The sisters
imagetpw.jpg

We had a great, early morning flight. We were at MCO by 10am. It was an awesome flight. Only one miscue. One of my nieces left a bag at home but we recovered quickly and made the flight in plenty of time. Airport was busy and McD's was open for breakfast. Hartford is a nice airport to fly in and out of.

Are you ready for 9 days of happiness? I took lots of pictures so settle in.

Can't wait to see the pictures. I love early morning flights. It's so nice to get there and still have the day ahead of you.:goodvibes

Yes, the day had finally arrived. My impatience had ended and we were on our way. DW and I were up and rolling at 3 am. We rode two cars to the airport in the early morning darkness with excitement in our hearts. My twin nieces were so excited and thanked my over and over for taking them. The airport was surprisingly busy for Hartford but the line moved fast. Before too long we were at the gate waiting for take off.

Magical Express is awesome. This was our second time using the service. There were a bunch of people waiting to go somewhere but I believe many were in a Disney Cruise line. We only had a few others on ME besides us. Our stops were Wilderness Lodge, CR and Poly, in that order.

Don't you just love this sight? We're Back !!! Love that feeling.

imageifur.jpg

The sights get even better as we approach the Magic Kingdom area. Yippee!!! I'm dancing in the aisle. :cool1:

imageidd.jpg

I like how the resorts have greeters helping guests get checked in. So Disney. No lines but we always take a long time to check in. DW asks for the 5th floor and an even number room. DD has to help us with a quick Google search for us to remember which rooms face MK even with lake view.
I was a little annoyed at first we didn't ask for a room higher up but the CM told us we'd be high enough to see over the monorail. 5th floor is same floor as sky bridge to CR from BLT. CM called to see if room was ready but no dice. The most time was when we went to concierge to get the "kids" park passes. CM had horrible time combining 9 day hopper and room key on same card.

This picture is after we're all set and DW is organizing before we head to MK.
They're teenage boredom faces tell the story of how much they loved this waiting part. :) I was patient. It was only about 10:30 am at this point. We had plenty of park time ahead.

imagemyk.jpg

The walk to MK. Here we go....

imageawv.jpg

Here's the happiest place on Earth.

imagegrg.jpg

We're in the park quick and DW starts the mad dash to Columbia Harbor House. With the long wait at the resort and early rise, we're starving at 11am. I have to yell at DW so I can take a quick picture.

This is DS's friends first time to Disney World. She has a face of amazement as we walk in and down Main Street. DW and I are beaming and so excited for her. It's emotional.

I capture the moment with the first Main Street picture of the week.

imagefalt.jpg

The mad dash to CHH.

imageimat.jpg

I was on the fence on whether to get the tuna sandwich or lobster roll at CHH. The lobster roll is new since our last trip in August. I love lobster rolls but I'd read a bad review of it on the boards. I decided on being adventurous and go for the lobster roll. It has more mayo than lobster rolls I've had in past and not a lot of large lobster pieces. Overall, I liked it. It's not huge but I enjoyed it compared to everything else on the menu. I did end up eating everyone else's cole slaw. :thumbsup2 My first lemon slushy too.

imagedff.jpg

After lunch, we do HM. We go through the long, active queue. We have 3 in party that have never seen the new queue. It's fun and goofy.

imagevfj.jpg

imagekng.jpg

We get FP for Splash. It's at this time I notice two things. Wow, the weather is nice. We have a breeze and it's in the high 80's. I remember last August when the heat was unbearable. Good start. Second, OMG, the crowds of people. I'm experienced but it was funny how I somehow had suppressed in my mind how some areas can be so crowded. The ducking of strollers and squeezing through crowds to keep up with my family had begun. I actually have learned to be amused by this game over the years.

The wait time for Big Thunder is 30 minutes. (so the sign says) I'm embarrassed to say that we make our second rookie mistake here. This queue ends up being long, hot and boring. My newbies in my party are questioning our expertise. :scared1:

Here's my first panorama shot while in line at Big Thunder. We were stuck here for a while.

imagesvm.jpg

No worries. They LOVED the ride and end up doing this ride several times in the week. DS's friend was scared to death to do the thrill rides. We begged her to give them all a try. She would have this face of complete fear before the ride and mostly a face of fun and excitement after. Told you so...

Splash is my favorite. We giggle as we take our first picture of us on a ride.

imagexvpf.jpg

Next is Pirates. Or, so we think. It's closed. Awe. Denied. Ok, no worries. Let's get a Dole Whip. There's always a plan B @ WDW.

Two young lovers with nothing better to do but smile.

imageql.jpg

imagezsa.jpg

We FP Space and get on Buzz quick. Now, we're getting the handle of managing this trip. It's all coming back to me.

imagerif.jpg

imagebhs.jpg

We all congratulate DS friend for conquering the Mountains of MK. High fives all around.

It's about 5pm and DW and DD head over to resort to see if they've forgotten about us. We've not yet received our room ready text. We're feeling a bit tired. We have a cool drink and head over to get a big Mickey head rice crispy. They only had plain and one with sprinkles and chocolate. On the walk back to resort, I get the text that our room is ready. Yippee !!! Perfect timing and it's 5th floor on North side. Yippee again. :yay:

Funny enough, past August we were on the complete last room, 5th floor. This trip, we're on 5th floor, totally opposite last room. Cool. Room is opposite too the way furniture and master bedroom arranged.

I joke with the kids, "Are the accommodations satisfactory?"

imagezph.jpg

imagekfw.jpg

imageptl.jpg

imagezcq.jpg

To finish up day, we do burgers at Contempo Cafe, quick swim and early to bed. Great start to a great trip !!! Hey, we need to make rope drop at EPCOT on Sunday.

I love reading your trip reports, puts me right there. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Thanks for taking the time to do your in depth trip reports!!!

Love your reports and I too, love that sign!! Can't wait to hear more of the trip. We are doing the same split in August but BWV first then off to BLT.

Can't wait to read you 2BR BWV review and see pictures. I don't remember if you mentioned boardwalk view.

Sept 9-15 will be our second DVC stay and 1st time at Boardwalk. There will also be 6 of us. :yay:

Shoot forgot to do that ticker thing again

Can't wait to read you 2BR BWV review and see pictures. I don't remember if you mentioned boardwalk view.

Sept 9-15 will be our second DVC stay and 1st time at Boardwalk. There will also be 6 of us. :yay:

Shoot forgot to do that ticker thing again

You'll have to be patient. :hippie: Day 4 will cover our transfer to BWV.
I'll compare/contrast BLT and BWV.

I will tell you that we had a quiet pool view and not Boardwalk view.

I haven't had a chance yet to fix my ticker. I've got too much trip report happiness to report. :thumbsup2

I love reading your trip reports, puts me right there. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Thanks for taking the time to do your in depth trip reports!!!

Not that I need much encouragement but I'm loving the praise so far. :love:

From a guy who did a 40 day marathon pre-trip report, you know my real TR will be in depth with lots of pictures. Plan is to post every morning for the next 9 days covering each day of trip. Settle in, feel the WDW happiness and enjoy. :wizard:

I'm in!! I really enjoy reading your trip reports and since you live in CT...we're practically neighbors:thumbsup2

You'll have to be patient. :hippie: Day 4 will cover our transfer to BWV.
I'll compare/contrast BLT and BWV.

I will tell you that we had a quiet pool view and not Boardwalk view.

I haven't had a chance yet to fix my ticker. I've got too much trip report happiness to report. :thumbsup2

Oh I didn't mean your ticker...reading that back I guess it sounds that way. I was talking about my ticker and my newbieness (my made up word).

Happy Father's Day!

I sleep really good at WDW. Especially, in a 2 bedroom with a master suite, king size bed. DW and I even commented on how comfortable the pillows are.

DW and I are always the first out of bed. We were in room 7502 which is in the farthest end of the North wing. It's the longest walk you can have but we're on the 5th floor which is on the sky bridge to CR. I enjoy walking down to the cafe for a coffee and/or breakfast early in the morning. WDW is always "Open For Business" it seems. With the extra magic hours, it seems there's always activity at all hours. Mornings are not super busy but there are people and monorails running.

What a beautiful start to the day and week !!! Can you believe this beautiful picture, spot and weather? It's awesome !!!

imagegcw.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-06-27

This view is from the sky bridge looking along CR and WL in the distance. On this morning, I witnessed large hot air balloons. You can barely see them in this picture because I didn't have my camera with me on my first trip for coffee. Mistake #2 (Long line at BTM was #1) I had to get back to room for camera and by that time the balloons had traveled away a bit.

imageennw.jpg

Panorama from sky bridge with monorail included.

imagevjy.jpg

Close up of castle

imagetfvz.jpg

Everybody is up and getting ready for rope drop at EPCOT. We need to make monorail for 8am.

Hi Mickey waffle head breakfast and yummy croissant egg sandwiches. Oh yeah, Hi to you too, "kids". "Are you comfortable in our beautiful suite? Nice kitchen, right?"

imagescx.jpg

Hurray! EPCOT

The line was long getting in even by leaving at 8am. We miss character rope drop.
Guess we have time for a picture.
imagehrq.jpg

DD runs for FP for Soarin'. We meet her at entrance and get in line to ride. DS comments, "Why do we get FP and ride? We never end up using the FP." We mock and make fun of him. In the end, he was right. But, the people we gave our FP's to were happy.

CM in line at EPCOT told us no yawning allowed today at EPCOT. We break that law early in line for Soarin.

imageskb.jpg

Kids go to Mission Space and I see my favorite car displayed out in front of Test Track. Test Track is down for refurb. There's a singing group blocking my access to my car. I enjoy them while DW goes to bathroom.
When singing is over, I take over my car.

Don't I deserve one of these babies? Looks good on me, right?

imagepyv.jpg

While waiting for Mission Space ride to end, we catch Jammitors. They're great and award us "Junior Jammitors" stickers at end of their performance.

imagends.jpg

Next, we head back over to The Seas and do clam boat ride. I really wanted to spend some time in the aquarium. We get a little time because it's hard to satisfy what eight people want to do. At this time in trip, we're sticking together.
Here's the Manatee's frolicking in the tank. They're so cute and cuddly. They roll around each other, hug and kiss. I'm not kidding. Go check them out some time.

imagewrdb.jpg

It's 11am. You know what that means? World Showcase is open!
We must be first in line for margarita.
Our traditional picture in our favorite place with our favorite drink. All say, aahhh...

imagerce.jpg

Lunch - Nachos

imageedt.jpg

22 year old carrying on the tradition.

imagekbf.jpg

Extra happy - #2 margarita.

imagelyy.jpg

We finally purchase a couple small Animal Fantastico's at Mexico pavilion. DW loves these little wooden carved creatures. I'm glad she finally gets some. Here she's telling the artists how much she loves them.

imageacl.jpg

After the boat ride, I notice a small line gathering. I successfully gather my gang for our first character picture. This ends up being our best group picture of the week and I love this character.

imagewt.jpg

We ride Norway. What character is this?

imageloc.jpg

I grab a nice OctoberFest beer in Germany. They've changed beer flavors over the years. I was hoping for a dark beer but this was good. Later in the week, I do find the dark beer in Germany.

This was so much fun with Sergio. Our "1st Timer" gets in the show. She was giggling the whole time.

imageufpq.jpg

We catch Morockin and British Revolution. Cool, I love the EPCOT music acts.

imagevwk.jpg

British Revolution does a cool, hard rock medley with Ozzie's Crazy Train, Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water and Cream's Sunshine of Your Love. Awesome. Me likes very much.

imageasju.jpg

Dinner is at 4pm at Garden Grill. They're just opening and we get in quickly.

imageevt.jpg

We had awesome wait staff all week and this was no exception. You guys Rock !!! We extra tipped at every meal.
How's the bread at WDW? Unbelievably awesome !!! Always fresh, hot and yummy.

imagevaz.jpg

Our vegan DD enjoys her first special meal prepared by Disney chef's. They come out to greet her at every meal. I think she likes the special attention.

imageadu.jpg

As you can see, we're "dog" people. Hugs for Pluto.

imagevkdo.jpg

Good food. I have more pics but not allowed for this post. I'll add later.
I was a bit sticker shocked at bill but TIW discount card helped a lot.

Dessert and a Happy Anniversary cake for DW and I. Disney thinks of everything.

imagenjem.jpg

We end our day at EPCOT with full stomach's. We head back to BLT and I try out the pool and hot tub. DW is tired and gets to bed early. Kids do extra magic hours till 2am at MK.

Can they get up early in am for rope drop at MK? Check in tomorrow to find out.

Beef, fish and turkey. All you can eat. They're was a garden salad and some steamed broccoli too. Very good.

imagejmbq.jpg

Sweet potato fries

imagefgf.jpg

Enjoying ourselves.

imagepuc.jpg

Great TR. You make feel like I'm there too. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter