DVC Rental and Annual Pass

Steelcityfanatic

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I will be renting DVC for 12 days in January 2021. We are planning to buy annual passes. With this said, I have two questions. First, how far in advance should/can I buy the annual passes before activation? Second, based on our DVC rental (for 12 days) and having annual passes (which have a 7 day fastpass limit within a 30 day period), will I be able to book fastpasses in advance for each day of our trip? Thanks in advance for your help!!

First, we buy 9 day hoppers from UT to save $$ well before the 60 day mark having rented DVC points and booked BW 11 months out. This way we get good FP+ choices as much as 70 days out since you get the 60 days plus the length of stay up to 10 days in advance. Once there we hit Guest Services at the IG and upgrade to Platinum APs, our first stop in every WDW trip is at the 'ride' seen below.

Bill From PA

First, we buy 9 day hoppers from UT to save $$ well before the 60 day mark having rented DVC points and booked BW 11 months out. This way we get good FP+ choices as much as 70 days out since you get the 60 days plus the length of stay up to 10 days in advance. Once there we hit Guest Services at the IG and upgrade to Platinum APs, our first stop in every WDW trip is at the 'ride' seen below.

Bill From PA
Bill this is an amazing tip! I will make note of it and plan to use it. Would the potential of price increase for AP’s persuade you to prebuy them prior to the potential October price increase? I’m new to this and am trying to soak up every ounce of info I can!

If park passes go up in price after purchase but before upgrading, you win, not to mention that UT prices save significant $$ over WDW prices at the gate or off their site. Also, depending on where you want to stay, it may pay you to book well in advance. We used to go for a Board Walk standard view for Food&Wine, one year we got shut out, they were all gone the first day our window opened. We had our DVC gal go for the Pool/Garden view that year and naturally we got spoiled so that's been our 'go to' the last 4 - 5 years. Another consideration, buying hoppers in advance then upgrading the first day allows you to spread the financial hit out over time.

Bill From PA

Although APs generally have a 7 day FP limit, if you are staying at a Disney resort, you will be able to make FP for every day of your stay, up to 14 days.

That said, we too tend to get 10day base tickets before the trip so we can make FPs and then upgrade to AP when we get there. It's a nice way to spread the cost out a bit.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter