DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

Came across this article today, about filming locations still in Salem used for the Hocus Pocus movie. Thought I’d share for fans of the Sanderson Sisters, as addresses are included. Those taking one of the Salem tours out of Boston may want to check some of them out while in Salem.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a27920199/where-was-hocus-pocus-filmed/
Thanks! I was up there this summer when another movie was being filmed on the Common and at at the Witch Museum. I think it’s an Adam Sandler movie. For a band scenes they used students and alumni from Salem High. If you like Ropes Mansion (from the article) you might want to check out Chestnut St too. Phillips House is interesting. Not sure of hours.

Definitely getting things organized for packing!

Where are folks getting info about a villain night and about cruise casual for all nights?
And there will be a pirate night?
Any other info out there about what will be happening on the cruise? All I've seen is the email about the costumes (no way DH will wear one) and the clip showing that Kermit will be sailing with us!
Thanks!

ps. We ditched the kayak excursion, although I am very sad about it. We booked the island drive instead. I think we will just walk around the Kings Wharf area on the other day.

I have heard/seen so many different post concerning itinerary. Both here and FB. The latest I have seen is no formal or semi formal (guess we will look dumb but we are bringing both casual and dress up). Pirate and villain night. With my luck it will be on night we have palo :( I have seen that muppets will be on and heard rumors of many broadway stars (rumor) I appreciate all the surprises but it would be so nice to be able to plan a bit.

We are going on the island drive the first day and horseshoe beach (pink) the second day in Bermuda. Keeping fingers crossed storms stay away.

We are going on the island drive the first day and horseshoe beach (pink) the second day in Bermuda. Keeping fingers crossed storms stay away.
I am also on the Island drive on the first day. Have not yet decided on anything for the second day. I waa thinking of Horseshoe Beach only for the transportation somewhat close to the lighthouse, but am likely going to try for the island bus service to get there.

Keep checking back for your Bermuda Triangle night cruise - there’s been some activity with the port adventures the past week or so, with sold out ones becoming available and others booking up. Folks seem to be finalizing their plans.

A lot of discussion on FB concerning these storms lining up. Main discussion is they may change itinerary to canada. If they release that then I will have to scramble to see how we can cancel as there is no way my wife is going north for this cruise. We vacation in warm weather and have no desire to go to Canada. No disrespect to canadians just not our thing.

That's a shame. We will be sailing for sure, regardless of where Disney wants to send us. Definitely disappointed if we don't go to Bermuda, but we will not be cancelling.

Interesting thought if they have to reroute to Canada, as they have skipped the Canadian ports on the WBTA due to storms...they ended up docking in NYC a day early and gave an overnight port stay in NYC instead.

Interesting thought if they have to reroute to Canada, as they have skipped the Canadian ports on the WBTA due to storms...they ended up docking in NYC a day early and gave an overnight port stay in NYC instead.
Good point! Someone else in the FB group theorized maybe they would send us down to PC and we could have a day at WDW :thumbsup2

I am also on the Island drive on the first day. Have not yet decided on anything for the second day. I waa thinking of Horseshoe Beach only for the transportation somewhat close to the lighthouse, but am likely going to try for the island bus service to get there.

Keep checking back for your Bermuda Triangle night cruise - there’s been some activity with the port adventures the past week or so, with sold out ones becoming available and others booking up. Folks seem to be finalizing their plans.
We were on the 2017 WBTA and that happened to us as well.

Good point! Someone else in the FB group theorized maybe they would send us down to PC and we could have a day at WDW :thumbsup2
If we did that, we also have to go to the Bahamas or CC - there’s something in US maritime laws that a Cruise ship not built in the US and departing & finishing a cruise at US ports must also have a stop at a foreign port.

I’m sure Disney will do whatever is necessary to keep us safe, as they’ve recently done with other recently altered itineraries.

I guess I’ll pack my Canadian money just in case...

Oh I hope not! Bad enough that I am concerned about changing to Canada but the thought of docking in NY for the night ugh lol. Hopefully I won't be in a mood for the next 2 weeks worrying about this. Maybe I need to get off these boards and FB before my head explodes lol. Formal night/no formal night, storms, changing itineraries, my brain can't take anymore ambiguity lol

Mathmagicland,
Was wondering what I got for my 29 bucks to horseshoe. Have to look into cost of the bus as would love to spend as much time as we can on the beach vs 3 hours. Was thinking on the first day after the island drive of exploring the port area. I see there are a few public beaches around the port and probably within walking distance. There is an art gallery that looks like a place I could get in trouble in lol.

Mathmagicland,
Was wondering what I got for my 29 bucks to horseshoe. Have to look into cost of the bus as would love to spend as much time as we can on the beach vs 3 hours. Was thinking on the first day after the island drive of exploring the port area. I see there are a few public beaches around the port and probably within walking distance. There is an art gallery that looks like a place I could get in trouble in lol.
Here’s a link to some info about several Bermuda beaches, both close to the Dockyards and along the south shore.

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00032e.htm
Looks like you could pick up either a public bus or a direct to Horseshoe mini bus for half the price of the DCL trip. With the direct mini bus, it starts running from the Dockyard at 8am, more than 2 hours ahead of the DCL excursion. You’d get more time at the beach and maybe be ahead of the more of the crowds for some of the morning.

I’m already expecting trouble for me LOL at an art pottery gallery also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter