Duffy Bear :'(

tinks_1989

<font color=teal>need a <b>like</b> button<br><fon
Whats wrong with Duffy?

I have had a few friends visit Disneyland Paris in the last couple of weeks all reporting back that no one wants to see Duffy and that he hardly has a wait :sad:

I love Duffy and Elsie loves her bear! I would hate to see him leave DLP because no one wants to see him!

I think the problem with him is really that he has never been in anything disney (by that I mean films or cartoons etc)... so there probably isn't as much of a "connection" to him compared to other characters.... at the end of the day, he's just a bear with disney stamped on it.. a marketing tactic...

Well i don't know who he is and never heard of him before i read it on this board so i can't help i am sorry.
Btw: who is he???

I didn't know who Duffy was until this trip, but we have a soft spot for him now. Loved reading his story and he was the first character DD met, she ran straight to him and gave him a hug, and he was the first character to sing (mime) happy birthday to her - so he will always have a special place in our hearts!

Hubby and I were a bit sad reading that he never has a queue! Rosebug will be with him for the whole time if that's the case!

I think the problem with him is really that he has never been in anything disney (by that I mean films or cartoons etc)... so there probably isn't as much of a "connection" to him compared to other characters.... at the end of the day, he's just a bear with disney stamped on it.. a marketing tactic...

I guess! May be I am just used to him being really big in America and thought it would just catch on every where!

Well i don't know who he is and never heard of him before i read it on this board so i can't help i am sorry.
Btw: who is he???

He started in Japan as the Disney bear a bear Minnie made Mickey so that when he was away he wouldn't be lonely!

I think he was made because Disney saw how well build a bear etc was and thought this was their way of getting involved in it!

Duffy is Mickey's bear and I think people (cynical adults!) find him contrived because he only has a back story and was not created for a film.

When we were there at the beginning of June he always had a queue when we saw him. Up until Mickey's Meet and Greet theatre was opened Duffy and Mickey both stood together at Mickey's house but now he is on his own and I imagine the queues for Mickey have taken the heat off Duffy somewhat.

DS loves his Duffy bears with their costumes even if he is a bit creative with their identities. And yes, we have two now as DS likes to have both Captain Hook (the pirate one) and Peter Pan (the German outfit!) on at the same time. I dread to think what will happen when we give him his much coveted Buzz and Woody costumes for his birthday! :lmao:

I didn't know who Duffy was until this trip, but we have a soft spot for him now. Loved reading his story and he was the first character DD met, she ran straight to him and gave him a hug, and he was the first character to sing (mime) happy birthday to her - so he will always have a special place in our hearts!

Hubby and I were a bit sad reading that he never has a queue! Rosebug will be with him for the whole time if that's the case!

Elsie as well! At least he has two fans! I have bought Elsie a little sailor dress just like Duffys for our WDW trip but I am considering taking it to DLP to show our Duffy appreciation if he is still there!

DSCF0319.jpg

Front

DSCF0320.jpg

Back

I am going to stick little Mickey heads on the back like Duffys and I am hoping to get a spare Duffy hat and attach it to head band! Even if it means buying my self a Duffy and costume for the bear not me! lol!

Duffy is Mickey's bear and I think people (cynical adults!) find him contrived because he only has a back story and was not created for a film.

When we were there at the beginning of June he always had a queue when we saw him. Up until Mickey's Meet and Greet theatre was opened Duffy and Mickey both stood together at Mickey's house but now he is on his own and I imagine the queues for Mickey have taken the heat off Duffy somewhat.

DS loves his Duffy bears with their costumes even if he is a bit creative with their identities. And yes, we have two now as DS likes to have both Captain Hook (the pirate one) and Peter Pan (the German outfit!) on at the same time. I dread to think what will happen when we give him his much coveted Buzz and Woody costumes for his birthday! :lmao:

Yes I guess when we went in March people were waiting to see Mickey more! Just think its a shame as if we dont appreciate what they bring from the other parks it may stop! I know he doesnt have a film back ground but even some characters I have a struggle to remember where they are from! I remember meeting Launchpad McDuck and thinking who are you!?

Yes I guess when we went in March people were waiting to see Mickey more! Just think its a shame as if we dont appreciate what they bring from the other parks it may stop! I know he doesnt have a film back ground but even some characters I have a struggle to remember where they are from! I remember meeting Launchpad McDuck and thinking who are you!?

No, I agree it doesn't bother me either. To my mind it is not much different to putting Angel in the Stitch sequel or making Cars 2 which I understand was only created because the associated marketing is so important to Disney.

Well, at least he has a few fans here. That dress is so cute BTW! :love:

Honestly, I think it's just as basic as no-one knowing who on earth he is :confused3

I didn't, and I class myself as a bit of a geek when it comes to Disney movies/characters. The very fact that they have a set of boards explaining who he is and where he's come from confirms that they probably don't expect many people to know who he is.

When I told the kids about him, they were happy to queue to meet him. He was lovely and cuddly and they were happy to have met him. :)

I can't imagine that anyone going to a Disney park for the first time would expect to see a bear in a sailor suit...they'd be looking for Mickey and co. I think most people look for characters that are instantly recognisable, Disney, and associated with something that they know and love.

I'm sure he'll be around for a while to come yet :thumbsup2

totally agree julie!!

mine had a vague idea (after i told them) but he is nice n cuddly (and yes, i had my own pic with him!!!!)

My girls loved him and he was one of the only characters we queued to meet as the queue wasn't ridiculous! :rotfl: DD2 knew who he was before DD1 and I can only think it's from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which she watches fanatically :confused3.

He is so cute - we came home with two Duffies (sp?) and a French suit (so cute - already been to school once!), and a Jedi suit (DD2 - been to nursery once too although lost the light up light sabre before we left the hotel for home!). They love him and are going on and on in my ear to take them to Build a Bear for clothes for them - apparently they have just brought out new 'boy' Disney clothes for bears there - so DD1 informs me :rotfl2:.

I think we'll pick up a few more outfits when we go in November too - hoping they do a Christmas outfit, I know they do a Christmas bear but we wanted one we could dress (I mean they did!) :rotfl:.

I can see how he doesn't appeal to grown ups without children as much though - he is more of a child's character I guess....??

I'm sure he'll grow on people. DD1 is now pestering me as I told her he has a girlfriend in Tokyo - "oh Mummy, a girl bear to dress too"! :faint:

Even today, when the park was noticeably busier with school groups etc, Duffy had little or no queue every time we passed his area.

We met him last year, and my DD really just isn't interested in meeting him again.

And he's still taken Pluto's place in the parade ;).

Noooooooooo Sorry I wish WDW would dump Duffy too.

Please don't corrupt DLP :goodvibes

Oh I agree that Pluto should still be in the parade - I thought that was terrible. Someone should call the RSPCA!

and daisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ds1 is very put out that she isnt in the parade!!

I had never heard of Duffy before I came on these boards. That's awful that Pluto and Daisy are no longer in the parade :(

Daisy wasn't in the OUAD parade either, so she's not been on the parade floats since 2007 at least.

Daisy wasn't in the OUAD parade either, so she's not been on the parade floats since 2007 at least.

and ds1 has been askin y not since then :rotfl: this is the child that also gave running commentry on which puppets were working n not workin on iasw on our second ride on it!!

and ds1 has been askin y not since then :rotfl: this is the child that also gave running commentry on which puppets were working n not workin on iasw on our second ride on it!!

your DS1 and my DD would have got on like a house on fire then :rotfl:, she was doing exactly the same thing on IASW (and the missing cats tail fur on POTC too).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter