drum corps

Sweet, pick me up at the Philly airport and we can hit the Allentown show! :cool1:

Tyler would die if we both showed up at a show! :rotfl2:

I'm going to see Tyler!! I will be a clinician at the Bands of America (well, really they are now called Music For All) Summer Symposium. The Coats are going to be our drum corps in residence! I will totally look Tyler up!

I'll be with the Color Guard sections (you know, the ones with the guns!!;) )But I'll be sure to find Tyler and bring him some Disney goodies after the show!

See you then, Tyler!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PxW5K9n7aiw

Looks like someone took the video offline, dont worry, this mess will be all over the internet after Saturdays show!

Good God what kind of mess is this? As a alum of the Cadets I can tell you I will be rooting for the Bluecoats next Satruday! Call me an old fart, but geesh, this is just.....well.......a mess!

Who ever approved talking during a drum corps show should be shot!

"I believe you should shut-up and play"

You know, Mike.. I was going to argue with you on the whole talking thing (since DH works for Crown, I've been on the "talking/singing" side of things;) ) but after watching that Cadet video... :eek: :sick: YUCK!!! That is AWFUL!! WAY too much talk... and it's so cheesey!! Thanks for sharing... it'll be interesting to see what happens with them. Sorry to any Cadet fans/staff/ members... that is just my own opinion! I know the kids work hard, etc... just what I think!

I like some of the things that have been done with the new rules.

Crowns Bohemian show rocked!

But sometimes I honestly think Hoppy has lost his mind!

Oh well, what ya gonna do? I just got off the phone with a friend and we talked about the Cadets. So help me God if I get an email or phone call from them this summer asking for cash so the kids can eat my response will be "Why dont you sell some of those wireless mic's and use that cash to buy food?"

Sigh, getting old stinks!:hippie:

media_gallery.asp

Looks like Tyler had a dress rehearsal! Good Luck Tyler! Hope your summer is going well!

Best thread on DIS!!!

I'll be seeing Tyler next month I guess. I always loved to hear someone call my name when I was in the field in a ramdom city.

I married my summer fling and hope if the activity is still going strong in the next decade to have my kiddos on the field.

Woo Hoo www.dci.org is offering free webcasts of tonights show!

Tylers group is scheduled to go on at 8:20!

Lets cheer him on!

(I'll post scores later tonight)

Tonight's scores....

73.9 The Cavaliers
71.6 THE BLUECOATS!
70.70 The Cadets
70.35 Carolina Crown
61.85 The Glassmen
60.9 Spirit

Congratulations Tyler!

1 The Cavaliers 75.050
2 The Cadets 73.500
3 Bluecoats 72.700
4 Glassmen 65.100
5 Southwind 57.000

Those pesky Cadets beat the Bluecoats last night!

That Cadets show is definitely not the Cadets I grew to LOVE! Maybe it is and can't focus on it through all the garbage, I mean talking. I don't mind some if it makes sense, but it is just too much!

Nice show by BLOOOOOOOO. Looks like a top 6 year for them, maybe top 3 if things click. How cool would that be! I don't get to see them this year, but since the Disney Store next to my store is having a huge sale, I may stop in and pick a little something up to mail to Tyler for luck on the 2nd half of tour.

Just nice to get the season rolling!

Ya the Cadets are talking way too much this year, hopefully some of that will be fixed by mid-season.

Did you see SCV beat Blue Devils last night? :cool1: VANGUARD!!!

Royer was smilin in heaven after that win!

Can't wait to see BD and SCV on Sunday...and of course the upstart Academy!

Gonna be a great season I think!

Some guy takes scores from all over the country and merges them, sends out a daily email with the "daily rainkings". What is this? 1972? SCV and Phantom on the top of the heap? Blue Stars in the top twelve? Scouts in 13th? Could be an interisting year.....

01 (01) - 76.05 (4) - Santa Clara Vanguard
02 (04) - 75.75 (2) - Phantom Regiment
03 (02) - 75.55 (4) - Blue Devils
04 (05) - 75.10 (1) - The Cadets
05 (03) - 75.05 (3) - The Cavaliers
06 (06) - 74.40 (1) - Bluecoats
07 (07) - 70.35 (5) - Carolina Crown
08 (08) - 69.35 (2) - Blue Knights
09 (09) - 66.50 (2) - Colts
10 (10) - 64.65 (1) - Glassmen
11 (11) - 64.30 (4) - Mandarins
12 (12) - 64.15 (2) - Blue Stars
13 (NR) - 63.55 (1) - Madison Scouts
14 (NR) - 61.60 (2) - Troopers
15 (13) - 60.90 (5) - Spirit from JSU
16 (14) - 58.20 (1) - Southwind
17 (15) - 55.65 (2) - Pioneer

Let me first say that I joined this board for this thread!! lol... I have come to grips that I am an old vet now as well although it seems like yesterday for me. I march in 5 years in Kiwanis Kavaliers 94-98 as a lead sop and soloist. I come for a very rich drum corps family. My dad began marching at 8 and aged out in with the scouts in 81 and my grandpa march long before DCI in 72 when they still had world opens...lol So I have very long roots in the activity. It makes me very happy to see other drum corps people on here. This has been a great month for me... First our corps just had a reunion. I saw people that I haven't seen in a long time and it was just like it use to be but with kids and wifes and husbands... lol.. Now I have just stumbled across this thread. I am going to a few shows with my uncle... Oh yeah he marched the Senica Optimist in the 70's lol... I will stay in touch and give feedback on Bluecoats when I see them on the 1st here in my hometown Port Huron.

I marched in 81 (Garfield) and I've marched in the Port Huron show. Is it still at that stadium where you can see the bridge from?

I saw this link from the Community Board.

DH marched Sacramento Freelancers (late 80/early 90s...I think). We both worked on the PBS productions of the World Championships (1999,2000,2001,2003). We used to write for DCP but I'm not a drum corp alum. We'll be in Pasadena of course since we live out that way...actually that's my hometown.

:wave2:
Hi DIS drum corps fans! I didn't march DC but it's been a tradition for my dad and me to always go to one DCI show every year for over 15 years now. We're big fans! Next year will be my older daughter's first show to see - how many 4 year olds do you know demand to watch Blast! almost every day?:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter