drum corps

Welcome on board......

But I must point out, you cant be "old" if you marched Star! :rotfl2:

Yeah.. sorry about my original, now dumb, question. I didn't realize there was a page one to this thing!!

And I guess if you marched in Cadets when they were still struggling to field a corps.. you must be REALLY old!! :rotfl:

How was the color guard regional in FL? I work with Avon HS out here in IN.. so color guard is a big deal around here!

Nice to meet y'all! Go drum corps!!

The guard show was nice, meet with some friends and we had a good time.

BUT as I reach my advanced age I wanna yell "Stop dancing and pick up a rifle already!" :rotfl2:

Everything is so "pretty" and "soft" these days. I miss the old style color guards like Blessed Sac!

Wow.. I need to talk more with you!! I marched with Field of View back in the early/mid 90's when everything was starting to change to the new "soft/dancy" color guard. I just love watching videos of the smack-down, in-your-race, technique-ified color guard days!! Intense!!

Are you going to any shows this summer? My work schedule is up in the air right now, but I do have a room booked in Pasadena and will probably hit the Atlanta show. If time allows I'd like to spend some time on a cook truck this summer, I have cooked for several corps in the past. It's just a matter of getting enough time off of work this summer. We should organize a Dis board cheering section for Tyler as the summer approaches!

BLUUUUUUUUU!:woohoo:

I might, possibly be at the Atlanta show too! If so, we can definitely cheer on a fellow Dis'er... I'll begin practicing my "BLOOOOO"ing now!;)

I will also be at the Indy show, since that's basically in my backyard. Not doing the CA thing this year. Hubby will need to find his own flight home! Can't wait til DCI will be hanging out in Indy for a few years:thumbsup2

I for one am NOT looking forward to going to the same place for 10 years! :confused3

I like Indy, and God knows I can always fit in a trip to my own little Mecca known as Cedar Point, but I do like the variety of moving around every few years or so.

And dont even get me started on the whole "dome" idea. I like the fact that some regionals are in domes, your guarenteed to see a show regardless of the weather. (Well there was that little incident in Atlanta last year.......who would have expected a rain delay in a domed stadium? :confused3 ) But for finals I like to be outdoors........

Oh well, what ya gonna do?

i am so very excited to hear all the bloo's this summer.
getting a spot has been really really amazing.
now im just working my butt off on sponsorships to help my parents out so they don't have to pay for all that nonsense and college too.

pretty much a big fat mess
i can't wait for may to come
move-ins
yes!

And dont even get me started on the whole "dome" idea. I like the fact that some regionals are in domes, your guarenteed to see a show regardless of the weather. (Well there was that little incident in Atlanta last year.......who would have expected a rain delay in a domed stadium? :confused3 ) But for finals I like to be outdoors........

Oh well, what ya gonna do?

If it makes you feel any better, by the time DCI finals are held in Indy, our new stadium is supposed to be ready. It has a retractable roof, and if weather permits, it will be open!!!

Seriously, though, if DCI moved finals to Giant's Stadium every year for the next 10 years, I'd be over it, too. I'm just happy because it will be 10 minutes down the road for me! I'll be so spoiled...
DCI, BOA in Indy.. WGI not too far in Dayton. I love the midwest:love:

And Tyler, let us know as the season progresses how it's going in Bluecoats land. I'd love to do some spying for my DH...:rolleyes1 Just kidding!!

A retractable dome still has walls that are way too high to allow the reverb out, especially now with all of the electronics! Trust me, I marched in Olympic Stadium in Montreal. We were one of the test corps that went in a month early for tests. They had us march the show in about 5 different spots to test the sound, it just never worked out.

As far as being close to home, IMO it's just not all its cracked up to be for me. When it was here in Orlando it was just odd waking up, going to work, going to finals, and going back home. I didn't get the feeling I was on vacation at all. :confused3 Indy is fun, and I love some of the great restaurants near the stadium, but a 10 year contract? It seems a little long to me.

Let's just hope Crown and Coats don't end up in some sort of battle this summer, this board could get messy! :rotfl2:

(A word to both of you, LEAVE MY CADETS ALONE!) :banana:

Marched with Star of Indiana (well, actually Brass Theater/Blast... so I guess I'm not REALLY a drum corps vet)!

Well, if you marched with Star for those few short years they considered themselves a corps, then yes.

I don't know if you saw my post at the end of page 1:
my brother aged out of the Cavaliers (84-88, I think)
my sister marched with The Troopers (85-88, I think)
my dad drove semi for the Cavaliers when my brother marched with them.
mom and I drove all around the midwest following Cavie shows and flew out to CO a couple times for Drums along the Rockies to see my sister (when they weren't in the WI/IL area).

I'm perfectly fine with never going back to Camp Randall Stadium, Whitewater WI or Dekalb IL ever again. (saw waaay too many shows there)

I've got some serious cash I would plop down to go back to Dekalb and Whitewater!

Some great memories there!

(Think drinking beer out of a tin bucket!) :thumbsup2

Bluecoats Closer......Every Breath You Take - The Police

Is this true? hmmmmmmm

negatory

those songs in the song list are not in order
it makes an apperence in one movement, but not the closer nor is it the entirety of the closer.

:sad1:

Oh well I'm sure you guys will still have a great show! When is your next camp?

april 27-29

i won't be there thought because i'll be partying up in NYC on my senior trip.

so i'll be at full corps move in on the 19th of may!

first corps experience, when a freshman year corps named California Dons stayed at our HS for the first show ever at OU's stadium in OK that was 84-85?.

My twin brothers are charter members of Tulsa's Black Gold thats no longer marching corps but I do believe still doing color gaurd, Tulsa still has a show every year tho.

One of my brothers on age out year made Bluedevils (89 i think) pit but had to decline do to issues in the family.

He didnt talk to us that summer.

Glad to know there are DCI fans on the boards.

The guard show was nice, meet with some friends and we had a good time.

BUT as I reach my advanced age I wanna yell "Stop dancing and pick up a rifle already!" :rotfl2:

Everything is so "pretty" and "soft" these days. I miss the old style color guards like Blessed Sac!
Amen to picking up a rifle-way too much dancing now. My two sisters marched Blessed Sac around 80-82 (I think)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter