drum corps

Ya I had a feeling you would like that one.

Lets see, all boy drum corps from Chicago, and their corps song is a Judy Garland classic! Whats not to like! :confused3

Oh come on Tyler! Only tenths away from grabbing the Blue Devils in their backyard! I know you can do it! :thumbsup2

Drum Corps Scores and Rankings for 03 August 2007

There are currently 2389 people subscribed to this list.

To subscribe or unsubscribe from this group, please visit
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/DCIScores/

**** DCI Division I - Based on Newest Score ****

01 (01) - 94.85 (4) - The Cadets
02 (02) - 93.95 (3) - The Cavaliers
03 (03) - 92.25 (6) - Blue Devils
04 (04) - 92.10 (5) - Bluecoats
04 (04) - 92.10 (3) - Carolina Crown
06 (06) - 91.70 (4) - Santa Clara Vanguard
07 (07) - 91.00 (2) - Phantom Regiment
08 (08) - 89.45 (4) - Blue Knights
09 (09) - 86.90 (3) - Boston Crusaders
10 (10) - 84.75 (4) - Glassmen
11 (13) - 84.25 (1) - The Academy
12 (11) - 83.95 (2) - Blue Stars
13 (12) - 83.80 (3) - Colts
14 (14) - 82.05 (2) - Spirit from JSU
15 (15) - 81.80 (4) - Crossmen
16 (16) - 80.35 (4) - Cascades
17 (17) - 80.15 (2) - Madison Scouts
18 (18) - 79.35 (2) - Pacific Crest
19 (19) - 79.25 (3) - Southwind
20 (20) - 77.45 (5) - Troopers
21 (21) - 77.15 (4) - Mandarins
22 (22) - 73.65 (2) - Pioneer

I disappeared for a while.

Have you seen any of the Cadets' clips lately? While I'm still not a fan of their narration, I think they've improved tremendously since the beginning of July. I also think I heard "The Big A" (April Gilligan) in some of the rehearsal clips. No wonder the guard has improved so much. I thought she quit teaching the Cadets 5 or 6 years ago. :confused3

Kids, I leave tomorrow and will see you all at simis and finals! We never figured out if we could all meet up somewhere, I will be wearing lime green for semis and hot pink for finals.

No favorites but I do like the Boys in Green. Cadets are great for doing the Avant Garde stuff, but I do like the old school. Guess that's cause I am old!

Well Tyler you should be home by now! Forget school, we want a single spaced four page report on your summer!

My thoughts on DCI this year...

The Rose Bowl is a beautiful stadium, full of history, but not a very good fit for Drum Corps. I waited over an hour just to get into the stadium on Saturday night, and another 45 minutes to get to my seat! UNACCEPTABLE! God forbid you had to go to the bathroom or grab something to eat or drink. I was very tempted to grab a sample of one of the hundreds of rose bushes they had near the concession stands. (Can you imagine having a "Rose bowl rose bush" in your back yard!)

I loved most of the shows, but Santa Clara and Carolina Crown stood out as my two favorites! Santa Clara was pure class all the way, and the Crown horse race show was hysterical.

Now my rant on one particular corps! The Cadets. I don't care if you want to talk during your show for the sake of art. It's not really my cup of tea, but hey if that's what you want to do go for it. I found it interesting that every spoken word that got a reaction at Thursdays show was taken out of Fridays show. Hmmmm Maybe Hoppy realized that his concept was not a crowd favorite. :confused3 But, (getting on a huge soap box here) what happened on Thursday night was something I have never witnessed before, and I've been around a long, long time. They were supposed to repaint the yard lines and hash marks on the field at every break, and at the final break apparently the yard lines got repainted but not the hash marks. Several corps marched with no problem, and I myself could clearly see the hash marks from row 61. Hoppy marched his kids onto the field, decided that the conditions did not meet his approval, and promptly marched his kids off of the field until the hash marks could be repainted. Not only was this childish and ridiculous IMO, but it put the image of the Cadets even further back on the west coast. This also had an impact on the Blue Devils who were waiting in the tunnel for their show, and the movie theaters who were broadcasting the show live all over the country! The whole show came to a screaching halt all because of the ego of one man! The Cadets were given the appropriate 2 point penalty (which mysteriously disappeared over night). The position Hoppy put the kids in the corps in that night was simply ridiculous. Those kids need hash marks to march that show like I need a bartender guide to pour a beer! I honestly don't know what to think of this man anymore. Oh well, it's over, and they marched their tails off. If they would have marched that show with no narration, I think it would have been a much better show, but who am I but just an old fart who is a life long fan and alumni of the Cadets. What do I know? :confused3

I was really disappointed in where the Bluecoats placed, seems like they lost a little steam in the last week, perhaps Tyler can fill us in on what happened.

Overall LA was fun, but it must have been a huge financial drain on most of the corps just in fuel. I'm glad we went out west, it was fun, but really, do we have to go to Indy for the next 10 years? What is there to do in Indy?

So the season is over for another year. Look for the highlights show on ESPN soon, I'm sure I'll post the date as soon as I can find it.

Till next season, stay safe, warm, and get ready for the 2008 season!

The majority of my pics are in my "lost" luggage, but I did manage to upload some video of the Anaheim Kingsmen.

The Anaheim Kingsmen were the first DCI world champion way back in 1972. They have since folded, but some alumni got together for this years finals in Pasadena and put on this show. Classic 1970's drum corps!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ajkBlHVIpic

Mike, I thouth the same on the ROse Bowl and have sent DCI an email about it.

If he took out words after Thursday, you could have fooled me. It was HS Marching band band camp. I loved the Stampede show, I loved Criminal. I thought Bluecoats weere great, Vangaurd was good but peaked Friday night, Cavies had a hard time staying on their feet Friday but really came back Saturday, I thought they would have edged the Cadets, but all in all, Blue Devils were right whre they belonged, they just couldn't get any better. I flew home with some of the Spartans, they were really happy about their win.

I took some pictures Friday, but did nothing Saturday but watch and listen.

Indy better step it up, I will go, not next year I don't think. I hope they have all the vendors and Corps swag inside there, too.

Tyler, y'all did an awesome job and I hope you will continue to march!

hey everyone

sorry i havent written sooner. everything has been so crazy moving into school and readjusting to life so I havent had too much down time. Now that I have gotten a quiet moment, I'll write a little bit.

first off. who ever sent me a towel. you are my absolute hero. mine got knicked early tour, it was a god send thank you. also to the woman that i met at isu (sorry i cant remember your name) everyone says thanks for the sweedish fish and mountain dew. it was gone in two days. sharing is caring after all. also post card sender. thank you. it is always nice getting mail on tour.

now on to my story.
i spent 8 weeks with the bluecoats. never marching a show. standing on the sidelines watching each and every day. I learned how to juggle actually. I was bored. when we arrived in texas, I recieved a phone call from the brass caption head of Troopers telling my that they needed a hole filled and they needed someone good.
i love blue. a lot. but i took the spot so that i could come back and march with my bloo family next year. and i mean come on. the legendary troopers triumphant return. who could turn that down.

troop was awesome. i learned the show in 4 days. i really really enjoyed myself
at the end of our season i returned to my prop crew duties in pasadena with my blue family and finished out the season there. i went out on finals retreat in full uniform and my finals medal is now hanging on my dorm room wall.

blue. we dont know what happened. no one really knows. the stadium is a terrible drum corps. watching the corps, it almost seemed like they were playing in a picture frame. like no one was actually projecting. it sucked a lot and i didnt really understand. yay for indy from now on.

p.s.
the front of the bus sucks
also
i think i heard something about bob barker dying when i was on tour? anyone else hear this

tyler

Tyler, dont be silly, Bob Barker dies every year on tour!

I loved the front of the bus, first off to hit the rest rooms, and last back on gives you plenty of time to buy goodies at the truck stop!

Troopers huh? Way cool!

Glad you had a great summer, sorry we never got to meet, but there is always next year. Got any pics to show?

Welcome back, Tyler! Glad to hear you had a good time. Yeah....I'm kind of glad I didn't do the front of the bus.....no matter what Mike says. ;) I'm looking forward to seeing some videos of the Troopers' performances.

*checks clock*
Rut roh! Gotta run to guard rehearsal.

*FWOOSH!*

Glad the towel made it. Ya never know during the summer if things will make it to the corps on time. It was actually fun picking it out at the Disney Store at the mall I work in. I had students marching in 5 different corps this summer, so I just spent a day doing care packages. It's much better shopping than being out in the Arizona heat during the summer.

Thank you for giving your time this summer to entertain so many people across this country. And good luck in the future with your marching and whatever else life throws at ya!

Looks like drum corps from 2007 will be on ESPN2 on September 5th at 10:00 PM EST.

Usually a fluf show, but if you've never seen drum corps before you will like it!

And Tyler! What part of four pages single spaced are you not understanding? We want dirt! 90 days, 2 drum corps, probably 20 states, there must be some dirt to share! :rotfl2:

Back in the early 90's, when PBS used to show it, they'd show the top 6 corps' shows in full.....and then only about 20 seconds of 7-12. I'm not sure which is better--the ESPN way or the old PBS way. I know ESPN shows all top 12 shows, but they're never the full shows. Even the first place corps only gets about 6-7 minutes shown. :confused3

OMG I am so old! I remember when PBS whould show the whole finals live with guest stars like Gene Raburn and Rita Moreno! (She loved the Cavaliers!) OF COURSE SHE DID!:lmao:

Spurs!... brings back my old country days with SCCharlotte.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter