Dreading my first stay as an owner. Who do I blame?

HEY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I will hit the BIG 5-0 in Feb!!!

Hey, look at it this way, you will be able to get ALL the AARP DISCOUNTS!!!!!!!!

:teeth:

DeerH

Happy Birthday!! I can't think of a better way or place to spend it. :banana: Can I come :worship: I promise to be good. :wave:

What a great way to spend a birthday. We are celebrating my dh 49th birthday next month at BWV. Happy Birthday and have a great time!!

Here's the birthday plan:

9 Friends coming down to join us in WDW
On my birthday a trip over to AKL for cocktails at Victoria Falls, cocktails at Jiko's, dinner at Jiko's, cocktails, birthday cake, and perhaps ... cocktails to follow.

I can't think of a better place to feel younger than you really are. I have found that, while I've gotten older, I haven't really grown up and traveling to WDW over the past 25 years is probably the reason (at least that's what I keep blaming it on :confused3 ). Have a great time.

Geez, have a very happy birthday. You're just a mere child. I'll be celebrating my 57th on Tuesday. Have a wonderful time! :cool1:

cristbaby said:
Geez, have a very happy birthday. You're just a mere child. I'll be celebrating my 57th on Tuesday. Have a wonderful time! :cool1:

Happy birthday cristbaby, and iankh! :bday:

My next birthday of note will be my 60th! Yes, we should have bought into DVC sooner, but we're making the most of what we have!!

Bobbi :flower:

Well, it's just 5 more days until we leave for our first visit since buying a VWL resale this past winter. A week from today, I'll be 50! :earseek:

I think all the planning is complete. My entire party converges on WDW on Friday the 12th.

I have dinner reservations for my birthday at Jiko's and ordered the special "Jiko Celebration Cake" (white chocolate mousse, dark chocolate mousse, prailine filling, sponge, whip cream icing).

It's funny, because it all began exactly 1 year ago, when I was attending a conference at the Dolphin. I remember waiting for the shuttle to go back to the airport, when it dawned on me, "Wouldn't it be cool to celebrate my 50th birthday in Disney World!" So began the theme weekend known as "Fifty in Fantasyland."

Just sort of hard for me to believe:
1. I now own at VLW
2. I'm going to WDW
3. I'm going to be 50
4. I actually somehow managed to convince a crowd to fly down to Orlando for the occassion
5. I'm going to be 50

I celebrated my 50th this year in April at WDW. I really was freaked by it but knew the best place to celebrate was there. Enjoy it I did also get the BD buttons they were fun everyone said Happy Birthday and made it seem like so much fun. We went to Jikos that week and loved it but spent my birthday dinner at Cali Grill I had an amazing time so will you . Happy Birthday

TR Denise said:
I celebrated my 50th this year in April at WDW... /QUOTE]

Just goes to show that 1955 was a very good year! :flower:

iankh said:
Here's the birthday plan:

9 Friends coming down to join us in WDW
On my birthday a trip over to AKL for cocktails at Victoria Falls, cocktails at Jiko's, dinner at Jiko's, cocktails, birthday cake, and perhaps ... cocktails to follow.

This is why I love the transportation system at WDW. NO driving required. :drinking1

My first trip ever to WDW was for my 49th birthday. We enjoyed our trip so much, we went back last year for my 50th. By that time, I had found these boards and learned about things like the birthday buttons. I collected one from each park (hey, when you reach the half-century mark, you're entitled!) and I really enjoyed receiving birthday wishes as we walked around WDW. I had my birthday dinner at Jiko both years, so I absolutely approve of your birthday celebration plans!

I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of turning 50, but as an earlier poster said, it beats the alternative! And what better place to celebrate this milestone than the place that makes you feel like a kid again.

I hope you have the most fabulous birthday ever! :bday:

iankh said:

Just sort of hard for me to believe:
1. I now own at VLW
2. I'm going to WDW
3. I'm going to be 50
4. I actually somehow managed to convince a crowd to fly down to Orlando for the occassion
5. I'm going to be 50

Oh bother. I can't get the smilies to work right now. Anyway....ROTFLOL! Have a great time on your birthday.

I feel your pain....I celebrated my 50th last year at BWV and Food & Wine Festival. I suggest you have a little :drinking1 , it helped me dull the shock of turning half a century last year!

Happy Birthday and have a great time!

Look at those of us who turned are turning 50 and so is DL. Weren't the 1950's fabulous!

:sunny:
Think about all the people who'll never go to Disney World because of whatever...as a DVC owner I'm still in awe of owning a piece of the Mouse!
As far as hitting 50...CONGRATS! I'm 47 and just bought @ SSR last year!
I'll be 50 one day soon and YOU just gave me a GREAT idea...to do the same...celebrate #50 with the Mouse and family/friends...GO FOR IT! :bounce:

Just remember one thing:

It is far better to be over the hill, than under it!

And a little sage advice to all you youngsters still in your fifties: You're now that much closer to retirement.

Retirement + DVC = :cool1:

See ya around the pool... :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter