Dreading my first stay as an owner. Who do I blame?

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
OK, my first trip as a DVC owner is less than a month away, and I'm really PO'd. Please let me know exactly who I should complain to.

It hit me today, that it's also going to be my 50th birthday (Big party plans. Friends flying down to WDW for the weekend and I'm throwing myself a 50th birthday party at Jiko's)

I'm going to be a half a century old! Do you think I should call member services to complain?

At least I'll be celebrating in the land of the Mouse.

PS - My 40th birthday bash was in a Chuckee Cheese. It was a hoot!

Hey, just consider the century half-full instead of half-empty. Then the question is who do you thank?? :flower:

Congratulations! And my compliments on the way you are choosing to spend #50...we'll be doing that for my husband in 2007.

You're just a baby to an oldster like me at 52!

Happy early b'day!

MY DH and I went to a semi formal dance on my 40th. Our entire table was decorated in black. He even had a cake stashed away.

I was mortified and quite depressed. That is until people started coming up to me and saying they wished they were only 40.

That made me feel better!!!!!!

:earboy2: I turned 50 this year and have not noticed any big changes. It seems you also spent your 40th birthday with a Mouse or is Chucky Cheese a rat? My kids are grown and thankfully I have not been in a C.C. in years.

Ok, now I think I'm PO'd too..... Why wasn't I invited??? :sad2:

Have a super duper bday bash!! At least you're wiser now, and having the party with the right mouse, jeesh. :crazy:

bwhahahahahaha - I would call the big cheese himself and see what he has to say.

Mickey still has a few years on you, ya young whipper snapper, so I am not sure how sympathetic he will be. :rotfl: :rotfl:

The mega fun thing to me is that you are getting to combine two really COOL things!!! :wizard:

carol1231 said:
Ok, now I think I'm PO'd too..... Why wasn't I invited??? :sad2:

Have a super duper bday bash!!

me too!! I love to party and behave myself most of the time..;)

I'd blame Walt. Disneyland gets built, your parents get excited about this new park, your born. :) 50 years later for both you and Disneyland.

I should add that the purchase of the VWL resale this spring was my 50th birthday present to myself. Well us.

:bday: :bday: :bday:

Have a wonderful birthday!!

There is no better place to be celebrating your 50th than WDW!!! Congratulations.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

product.jpg

:teeth:

I don't think you have anything to complain about--I hope you have a wonderful, magical visit with your family on your special day!!

psssss--you can always buy a birthday hat, get a 'it's my birthday pin', rent a surrey bike and pedal backwards around the boardwalk! ;)

I think that you should be thrilled you are not spending your 50th at Chuck E. Cheese. I hate that place and try to avoid it at all costs! ;) I think WDW is the perfect place for any occasion. Happy Birthday! :wizard:

Here is the most famous quote we like to repeat in my family. SPoken by my Dad at his 50th Surprise Birthday Party!

"Hey! I've lived half my life!"

He's now 82 and goin' strong - he just might make it!

iankh said:
At least I'll be celebrating in the land of the Mouse.

PS - My 40th birthday bash was in a Chuckee Cheese. It was a hoot!

What's up with the rodent themed parties?

Have a great time and Happy Birthday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter