Double Dippin Droppin Double Digits weight loss group.

DH and I are starting Weight Watchers on Tuesday. I am really looking forward to it. He wants to lose at least 60# and of course he will drop it fast. I am hoping this will be something I can do, not able to do it on my own. I will let you know next week how we do.

My biggest challenge is eating right while working different shifts. I have a tendency to eat after midnight when I get home(work 11-11 on weekends). I never take time for a meal while working. Also 1 day a week I work 7P-7a and we tend to graze all night(have you ever seen the food available at 3 am in a hospital cafeteria? It is enough to make you want to give up eating:rotfl: ) I usually grab an egg mcmuffin on my way home and then I crash til time to get up and make supper.
Going to be some BIG changes coming.

i work 10 hour shifts THANK GOD no 12 hours for me!
But i know how hard it is to eat decently at work.

I guess i need to start taking a lunch even though i work in a restaurant.

GOOD LUCk on the weight watchers!

i did not join but i did it several years ago and just going on what i know, but the last time i di it faithfully for 3 years and if you get into the routine it is a VERY SIMPLE lie style!!!!!!!!

I LOST 30 pounds and MAINTAINED that for those 3 years then we went on a WDW vacation for almost 2 weeks and i gained 7 pounds back i never lost it and this past cruise i ganed 5 pounds back and never lost it.CUZ i did nt go back to the weight watchers lifestye after the WDW vacation!

I am trying hard now to get back into it.

AND I WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO WILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey everyone!!!!!

Good luck with WW, I have heard such great things about the program, but I am not that structured, I am a creature of habit but the minute you tell me I can't have something, all bets are off and I will eat a ton of it, I know with WW you can ahve what you want but it just didn't work for me.

I will not be here to do the Sat update on weight loss as I will be at the world but am home on Monday and will catch up on Tuesday.

It looks like we lost alot of people, that is OK, as long as us cruisers are still here to cheer each other along to our goal that is great!!!!

Kim

Thanks for the encouragement. The thing that I do not want to give up is my Coke slurpees. I have them several times a week. I do not drink regular pop just diet A&W root beer. I am hoping to find a decent substitute for them. I know they have Crystal Lite slurpees but I think they have an awful after taste. Just might have to make up my mind to give them up completely.

Hiya

I started yesterday so I won't weigh in until next weekend:
yesterday I was in work and on a 12 hour shift and I ate the following:

breakfast: oats-so-simple
snack: banana and special K bar
lunch: onion bagel with light philadelphia, 2 satsumas
evening meal: chicken and noodle diet ready meal.
evening snack when I got home: diet popcorn.

so not too bad really!

today we went to Ikes shopping and had a meal out, so today I ate:

lunch / early dinner: fish in breadcrumbs, carrots and peas
snack when I got home: diet biscuits.

and thats it if I don't eat anything else before I go to bed!

I have another 12 hour shift tomorrow and on Wednesday I plan to do some exercise - but I am going out to lunch with friends and that might be difficult!

Good luck everyone this week!

BTW: Kim - have a great time at WDW and good luck in the Marathon!
Jackie - Have a great time at DLP! :goodvibes

Hiya

I started yesterday so I won't weigh in until next weekend:
yesterday I was in work and on a 12 hour shift and I ate the following:

snack: banana and special K bar
lunch: onion bagel with light philadelphia, 2 satsumas
evening meal: chicken and noodle diet ready meal.
evening snack when I got home: diet popcorn.

so not too bad really!

today we went to Ikes shopping and had a meal out, so today I ate:

lunch / early dinner: fish in breadcrumbs, carrots and peas
snack when I got home: diet biscuits.

and thats it if I don't eat anything else before I go to bed!

I have another 12 hour shift tomorrow and on Wednesday I plan to do some exercise - but I am going out to lunch with friends and that might be difficult!

Good luck everyone this week!

BTW: Kim - have a great time at WDW and good luck in the Marathon!
Jackie - Have a great time at DLP! :goodvibes

I did about 1/2 mile on my bike i know it isnt much but i seemed to run out of time to day! I will do more tomorrow but at least it is a start back on the right track!!!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!!!

I think i did better otday i really watched what i ate but didnt really count points let me see what i ate..........

Breakfast.......
1/2 fresh pear........1/2 point
carrots..................0

lunch
carrots...............0
bottle of water.....0
corn..................4

TREAT
Coffee from Dunkin Donuts...............3
twizzlers while shopping..................3

Dinner
pomogranite......................1/2
carrots......................0
cheese sticks............4

15 total points so far i may have soem popcorn before bed.....
add 3 points

18 points!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Okay, I'm doing it! May I join too? Is this like an accountability group (I hope!).

I'd like to lose 20 lbs by October. More would be great, but that would get me down to my weight right after baby 1, and I'm going on 44 so that seems reasonable to me. I'm never going to weigh under 140 again!

So, weight now: about 165 (OMG, I don't tell anyone that!)
I'm 5'6" and will be 44 in March.
Have gained 30 lbs after 11 years of marriage and two beautiful babies (I swore this wouldn't happen to me).

Today I speed-walked for 30 minutes before work. My dog loves me. I made a deal with my husband that he is entirely in charge of getting the girls dressed, fed and off to school. I do pick up and bedtime.

Breakfast: bowl of Grape Nut flakes
snack @ work: protein bar, handful of almonds
lunch @ work: small portion of low fat stew from home (yum)
starving starving starving :eek:
afternoon snack @ work: 'skinny' grande mocha from starbucks
snack @ home: 100 calorie pack of crackers

So far so good, right?

Dinner: leftover home made vegetarian curry with 2 pieces of yummy wheat bread, glass of low fat milk

Then.....plowed through a solid chocolate christmas candy (big) and a glass of wine while on a late night call with a friend (hubby is off playing hockey). Now I think I'm on a chocolate high! it's almost 1am! :scared1:

I really am going to bed now....dreaming of a dessert buffet and my tummy is rumbling....when I was slim and younger, (never anorexic, just healthy and slim) I used to say to myself 'hunger is my friend' as kind of a joke and kind of a reminder that it's okay to not feel stuffed all the time. I'm going to try to make friends with a slightly rumbly tummy again...sigh....

Hi there,

I'm totally confused with the time differences here...it's 10pm on Tuesday night in Sydney..what time is it in the US?

I'm going to get on track this week (it's already halfway through another week, but DH is on duties with the Navy and the kids and I get confused with what day it is), but the result will probably be less than I had hoped for.

I'm going to use WW as a guide because the points are easier to keep track of (and I can enjoy a wine or two:rolleyes1 ).

I'm going to buy a size 10 tankini (which I think is an 8 in the US?) in the sales (we're in the middle of summer and they're already bringing out winter clothes and Easter Eggs!) and make that my goal.

I hope you are all doing fine....

Laurel I will add you to the list and welcome!!!!

Good job everyone!!!!

Sorry for the quick post but gotta get ready for work, have a good one all.

Kim

I did really well until Friday night. It was my birthday and we celebrated most of the weekend. I got right back on track on Monday though.

I had done WW after the birth of my first DD, and I liked it but I don't want to spend the money for the online calculator.

Does anyone know how to calculate the pt totals for WW with out a calculator?

I have a weight watchers calculator!!
If you know anyone who goes to weight watchers thwy can get it for you. If not i can get you one and mail it to you it is $12 if i remeber right.

It is just a regular calculator with points system added in and you just inoput the information and press = and the points come up!!!!!!

COOL UH!!!!!!!!!

If you need any points until then you can ask me on here or PM me!!

Last night i purchases dexatrim MAXo2
it is a dietary supplement drink made with lots of stuff and green tea.

i did not feel shaky with it like i have with other DIET PILLS and it did seem to curb my appetite FOR SWEETS!!!!!!

I have done really well today!!!!!!!

Breakfast #1
Cereal.............(no milk) 1
1/2 fruit bowl.................1

Breakfast #2
1/4 of egglet with MAXXED out veggies........1 point
cookie....................................................2

Lunch
artisian wheat bread..........1
cc and sprouts..................1

Dinner
salad with ham bits..............2
crackers.............................1

10 points so far to day!!!

and if i get in my 20 minutes of work out that is -1 points

YES i have 2 breakfast,,,,,,,,i get into work at 4:30 am and eat as soon as i get there and by 8 i am ready for another breakfast!!!!!!

I have a weight watchers calculator!!
If you know anyone who goes to weight watchers thwy can get it for you. If not i can get you one and mail it to you it is $12 if i remeber right.

It is just a regular calculator with points system added in and you just inoput the information and press = and the points come up!!!!!!

COOL UH!!!!!!!!!

If you need any points until then you can ask me on here or PM me!!

Thanks for the offer, but I think I found the formula online. I should give you the numbers I am getting with my spreadsheet to see if its correct. I"ll post it a little later tonight when I have more time.

I'll also post my food totals for the day since I have kept track today.

The only thing is I can't remember how many pts most fruit are. If I remember right most fruit are 2 pts, is that correct?

So, I'm working from home (ugh) and having a small second glass of wine...guess that's bad, huh? But we live so near the fabulous California wine country, it's a constant temptation.

I did get up and walk again this morning, hooray for me! It's dark and cold but I love how peaceful it is, even in a big city like San Jose. Got my disco walking tunes and trusted spaniel mutt LuLu to keep me company. We live in an historic neighborhood near downtown, lots of big old houses on tiny lots.

So, AbbyAnder, according to my DIS board clock your 10pm Tuesday post came in at 3 am Tuesday here.

Hockeychic, are you a hockey family too? My husband has played his whole life, a goalie no less. He's on a men's team that really should move over to Seniors but they are too proud. Thanks to my DH (who's really quite good) and few other old ringers, they are still competitive in the Mens' B League.
My older daughter is already a retired competive figure skater, she skated from about age 4-7 and then we all decided that we really didn't want to shoot for the Olympics. She was just getting her axel jump....

Dizzi, are those drinks safe???? I'm always tempted, but then you read horror stories about them. I'm a caffiene fiend, but it takes a lot of it to really bother me or keep me up.

DH and I tried WW a few years ago, he did well but I HATED it! It would be dinner and I'd have like 2 points left and would be STARVING. The one I think I did best on was called the "Carbohydrate Addict" diet. You ate NO carbs all day except for ONE meal of your choice, at which you could eat anything you wanted but it had to be entirely consumed in one hour (all that glycemic response stuff). This actually did work for me! The worst was breakfast, I really love cereal first thing.

So, today's food:

Breakfast: whole wheat toast with PB (from my WW days)
Snack: South Beach Protein Bar
Lunch: meeting out, had one piece of delicious bread and a ceaser salad with broiled salmon. SO yummy. Just realized the two big glasses of ice tea with lemonade were full of sugar
Afternoon snack: handful of almonds, RESISTED a box of candy left by a patient
Home: Greek chicken & veggie stew made in my new, shiny, candy apple red crockpot, 2 small pieces of wheat bread
Two glasses of red wine
5 hershey kisses

I wonder what that all adds up to?

Tomorrow is my 'hell' day...I have a big weekly meeting with all the MDs at work, and then my big monthly general meeting for the Junior League.

Are any of you in the Junior League, by chance? I'm a Community Vice President with the Junior League of San Jose. You can check us out at www.jlsj.org if you get really bored one night!

Off to tuck the girls in...again...Sofia loves to invent reasons to keep herself up at night.

Thanks for listening!
Laurel

Good morning gang, sorry for the quick check in this morning, this will be my last check in until Monday or Tuesday...heading to the world....can't wait.

Laurel, up big hockey fans and players here. All 4 of us have played hockey DD was the most competetive she played rep hockey on a boys team for many, many years and at 14 decided that she wanted a social life, being on the ice 5 nights per week for 10 years was enough so now we are all just fans.

Sorry gang, gotta run, good luck over the next few days till we chat again!!!!

Kim

Well I went over my pts a bit yesterday but I am using the old flex plan from WW so I am still on track. I really liked that plan when I did it a few years ago because it allowed for more goof-ups.

Hockeychic, I am worried that my DD who is 6 is going to give up hockey around your DD's age. It such a competitive sport and retiring in the teenage years in ALL sports nowadays seems pretty commonplace. I want her to keep playing at any level because she loves it. I don't want her to fall out of love because of me or anyone else or pressure from herself. I fell out of love with a few sports in my day due to pressure and I don't want it to happen to her. And as a parent of a very young player I already feel some pressure.

Youth sports are much too serious and although most families realize its just a kids game, the family stills get caught up in it. Its tough these days to find the right balance between playing for enjoyment and the idea that you need to always be practicing trying to reach that next level. And if you choose to not try to reach that next level, there should still be a place for you to play.

I read something the other day that argued that the rise in extreme sports is partly do to well meaning adults getting to involved in youth sports. Too much organization and not enough child run games. They argued that kids are drawn to extreme sports because its creative, driven by the kids themselves and parents aren't involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter