Do you like Ken Jennings hosting Jeopardy?

He's good, but there is next to no chance Faber would leave CNBC for Jeopardy. He's just filling in before they make an announcement. And it's time to let us know the decision.

After only 2 shows, I'm really impressed, I think he'd be a great choice as host; DH said the same thing.

You're right, he's probably not interested, but they could entice him with $$$$$

You're right, he's probably not interested, but they could entice him with $$$$$

We like him as well. Better quality of life could also play a part -- don't they film a week's worth of shows all on one day? He could conceivably do both.

My parents are diehard watchers (I only watch while visiting), and they seem to think they're putting so many different personalities in front so as to wash out the expectation of another Alex. I just saw it this week (first time visiting since late April), and I notice they've removed the Alex memory/statement and don't refer to him when talking about the donation.

We like him as well. Better quality of life could also play a part -- don't they film a week's worth of shows all on one day? He could conceivably do both.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much plus for him to do both. CNBC studios are in NJ. He has a great job there.
Squawk on the Street's twitter has had some fun supportive tweets about him as guest host.

In case anyone missed it.

New Jeopardy Host In Talks to Replace Late Alex Trebek

... spoiler alert: It's likely to be Mike Richards. I liked him. I thought he was one of the better hosts in terms of pacing, familiarity with how the judges would rule (meaning he didn't have to pause and wait for them), and ability to be in the background while still projecting a personality. It would've been fun to have one of the more familiar names and faces, but I think this choice will be mostly unobjectionable.

In case anyone missed it.

New Jeopardy Host In Talks to Replace Late Alex Trebek

... spoiler alert: It's likely to be Mike Richards. I liked him. I thought he was one of the better hosts in terms of pacing, familiarity with how the judges would rule (meaning he didn't have to pause and wait for them), and ability to be in the background while still projecting a personality. It would've been fun to have one of the more familiar names and faces, but I think this choice will be mostly unobjectionable.
(If he selects himself 😂) I wonder if he'll continue producing Wheel of Fortune?

I never heard of him either, but agree he is good. His name is David Faber; he’s a financial analyst/journalist who hosts a stock market show on CNBC. He was previously a contestant in a celebrity tournament.
He actually won the Jeopardy tournament in 2012! I didn't remember him, I looked him up. He did a really good job last night, so I was curious. He's the kind of host Jeopardy needs, reserved, on point, and lets the contestants take the spotlight, not himself.

I like him too. No wonder, he already hosts a show. That accounts for him having the right, relaxed demeanor. And he has a good voice. I can listen to him, instead of cringing or muting, or changing the channel, as I did some of the other guest hosts.

So unhappy that they are going to pick Mike Richards- I did not care for him at all as the host. I dont even know who the guy hosting now is but I like him- I liked Ken, Aaron and Mayim too

I actually really liked Ken the best, but I think Mike is a good choice. I actually never got to catch LeVar since we went back to the office when he started. The thing is, I get htat LEVar was heavily liked by fans, however I do think that going with someone younger is the better choice. I want someone who can host as long as Alex did at least.

Mike Richards wasn't my favorite guest host, but I thought he did a good job, and I'll have no problem continuing to watch if he takes over the role.

I do have to say, I think I'd feel a bit duped if I was one of the guest hosts who was actually trying to get the position. I know Richards has said the decision is all up to Sony execs, but he's the executive producer of the show. I'm sure he wasn't shut out when it came to giving his input. Hmm, let me think.... I choose.... myself! LOL

Mike Richards wasn't my favorite guest host, but I thought he did a good job, and I'll have no problem continuing to watch if he takes over the role.

I do have to say, I think I'd feel a bit duped if I was one of the guest hosts who was actually trying to get the position. I know Richards has said the decision is all up to Sony execs, but he's the executive producer of the show. I'm sure he wasn't shut out when it came to giving his input. Hmm, let me think.... I choose.... myself! LOL
As executive producer he had to have plenty of input.
We had a few laughs at our house, imagining him negotiating with himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter