Do you have a "never again" list? Which restaurants are on it and why?

It is amazing how peoples tastes differ. This is an example of why everyone should try a restaurant that interests them for themselves. Some of our favorites, where we have had good food and outstanding service, are on this list.
As an example one of my 2 never agains is the Yachtsman's Steakhouse and it gets rave reviews here on the DIS. We have tried 3 times and found the food to be over spiced and just not good. Never again.
Also #1 on our list is H & V, Horrible food, terrible service, rude waitress, dirty unbussed tables and filthy Ladies Room. You couldn't pay me to eat here again.

Mama Rosa's - Went in October 2009. The service was horrible. The menu choice was very limited and we were not happy with the food when we received it. It was not wothk a TS credit.

Chef Mickeys - This is another one with so much hype I expected more. The atmosphere was very loud and felt like the tables were too close together. The buffet was very limited and no bowls for Ice Cream. :sad1:

Garden Grill!! We had the first seating for dinner and they must have served us the leftovers from lunch (when they still served lunch). Everything was dried up and hard. The rolls were so hard that if I would have thrown one at a window, I probably would have cracked the window.......rock hard!! The character interaction was good though!

HDDR-food was OK, show was not corny, just bad. Not worth the money.

Tony's-used to be good, many years ago. Now the food is just bad and the service is worse.

ABC Com.-not edible food.

Electric Umbrella-not edible food. May be better after the rehab??? Don't know I have not been back.

Chef Mickeys-food is barely edible, loud and my family and I don't really care about character interaction.

San Angel Inn-food was ehh, service was very bad. The atmosphere is nice but they should hand out little flashlights to read the menu and not good for families with small children-too dark.

Shutters-just tasteless food, had better in the food court. Service was scary.

I would not willingly return to any of these restaurants but can't really say that I would NEVER return. If I was in a group that wanted to go, I would sacrifice myself or if I had dining credits to use and my only option was to go to one of these restaurants, I would try them again.

My only "never do" is Sci Fi. Unfortunately, it is on my 7 year olds "do over and over" list......the things us parents do for our kids!!

Ours was a quick service in Animal Kingdom. If I recall it was named Tamu Tamu. The burgers just tasted wrong. The worst quick service location we ever came across.

I never say never because things change so much and so quickly at Disney, but on our last trip in October, there were two restaurants that just didn't live up to our expectations - Boma and Le Cellier. Way too loud (Boma wasn't even close to capacity, and my husband and I couldn't even hold a conversation), and the food was eh.

We probably wouldn't do the Gardenview Tea service at Grand Floridian again unless DD just decides she wants to one day - the strawberries were rancid, the scones seemed to be rocks disguised as scones, and the tea wasn't even that good.

The atmosphere in Sassagoula Floatworks was pretty creepy...not sure I would like eating even the world's greatest meal with those crazy Mardi Gras faces staring at me.

All that having been said - it's still Disney, so no matter what, I am having fun!

Mine would have to be Mama Melrose..had lunch there about 4 years ago, and have never been back!:headache: I had the "eggplant parm" and I swear the "eggplant part" was the size of a 1/2 dollar!:rolleyes1 And I paid 14.99 for this!?:mad: No bread with the meal, no salt on the table, had to ask for it!:confused3 Also, Electric Umbrella about 6 years ago, got so sick after eating, had to go back to my room!:headache: Add Rose and Crown to my list, had the Beef stew there about 3 years ago, and it was cold, I was rushed, and have never been back...can't eat the "fish and chips" anymore due to having no gallbladder....Long John Silvers is MUCH better anyway! And Cheaper!:laughing:

When you have made as many trips as most of us have on here, you learn to separate experiences. I have ate at least 5 times at WCC and had good food all but once (whoever worked the smoker that day was either drunk or sleeping because like one other said, it was dry, dry, dry) and had great service every time but once. I also ate once in the back of the restaurant and had great food and service but lousy atmosphere.

The only place that I have tried multiple times and not cared for on the whole property is San Angel. Where I come from, we have multiple mexican restaurants competing against each other so they have to be good or else they are out of business. San Angel is not only average food, but the prices are the most overpriced compared to the real world of anywhere on property. Wouldn't mind paying the prices if the food were something to write home about.

The Rose and Crown is a must for us, taking our time, enjoying a few black and tans' and Harps. Food is OK, never had bad service and Illuminations from the table can cover up anything I dislike about the happening!

Wow. Seeing a lot of H & V and WCC!

For us, it was also Captain Jacks. When we went in 07, we thought the food was wonderful. Reviews then had been hit and miss.. then we read it went really down in quality. Thought maybe it wouldn't be true, and boy was it.

Another one for me about be Comic Rays. Sure you get a lot of food for your money.. that wasn't a good thing last time I went though.

Hesitate to say "never" but "not likely" again would be San Angel Inn.
And even less likely than that would be Whispering Canyon:)

1900pf dinner= horrible service, inedible food, pushy photo ppl. and characters that just did not look their part.

Pecos Bill=dry burger, stale bunzzz lol but not sure we'd never do this one ever again cuz I enjoyed the topping bar ;)

We have a pretty long list of just "been there, done that".

Chef Mickey's is OK, but we don't need to go back. Same with The Wave, Kona, Yak & Yeti, Narcoosee's, Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining.

We went to Mama Melrose in December and I didn't like my entree, but the dessert was really good. Not sure if we'll go back there or not.

We haven't been to H&V in a LONG time, we've only been to WCC once for breakfast on a trip when we were staying at WL. We've been to Garden Grill once and that was enough.

I don't dislike 50"s PT but I am just sort of over it.

We LOVE Flying Fish and go there multiple times each trip. :)

The only place I'd ever stamp a big "no" across is Fairfax Fare at DHS. The chicken looked like a rubber chew toy- I have pictures to prove it! We didn't really care much for San Angel Inn, but may reconsider if we didn't have other options.

We will never eat at the Rose & Crown again. After 2 wonderful meals on back back to back vacations, we ate there a 3rd time and they changed the menu. The food was terrible, and the service was abysmal. Even the chocolate cake that I had for dessert was a disaster.

Askerhaus Dinner for us...

Princess part was great for my DD, but the food was questionable at best.

I shall now commit DIS blasphemy...........

Boma: (dinner) the food either had no flavor at all or tasted like cinnamon.

Jiko: The food was only average, and the service was horrible. Definitely not worth 2TS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter