Do you have a "never again" list? Which restaurants are on it and why?

California Grill. It wasn't worth the money we spent. The food portions were too small (that's saying a lot coming from me... I'm less than 5 feet tall and weigh less than 100 lbs. It does not take much to fill me up). We were still hungry when we left. I had one sushi roll cut into three little pieces that came with watered down soy sauce. I wouldn't say we'd never go back, but it's not at the top of our list.

Gross, where's Lotus Blossom?

Note to self: Add Lotus Blossom to my "never" list.

I've eaten at Lotus Blossom several times, and never had the experience of hair in the food, or cold or dry food. The food has always been very good there.

I will not eat at any buffet though. Not because of anything Disney does wrong, but when I see the way people stick the utensils (or even their hands) into the food, it just makes me ill before I start eating. I know I miss out on some good experiences by skipping the buffets, but I can't see paying those prices and not eating anything.

I do feel that if anyone has a bad dining experience, they should give a restaurant a second chance. If they fail after the second chance, then cross them off. But I had my best and worst meals during one vacation at the same restaurant (Le Cellier) and if I'd only had the bad experience, I'd probably have never gone back. The service was slapdash even though the restaurant had just opened for the day so it wasn't busy yet, the food was cold and not cooked correctly, and it took 45 minutes to get my check. But that was my second visit that trip - the first one (same time of day) the food was cooked to perfection, the server was attentive, but not hovering, and it was the best dining experience of the entire trip. So you may hit a restaurant on an off day - once.

My Never again list:

1) Big River Grille - my dh and I went here on our honeymoon back in 1999 and the food was just eh. Out of all the options Disney has, we were least impressed with this. The food was lukewarm at best. we've had better things at TGIFRidays.

2) 1900 Park Faire - dinner with Cinderella and friends - the character interaction was great and our main reason for doing this was we couldn't get the castle for the days of our trip. The food was just so so...again not impressed.

WCC-we really didn't like the meat from the skillet the last time we were there and neither one of us wants to go back

H&V- everytime I ate there (dinner) I thought to myself-Yuck!! :confused3

Chef Mickeys - Had breakfast and dinner there. Although the dinner was ok (nothing special), the breakfast was awful. The food didn't taste "right" to me at the time. Then a couple of hours later I was really sick.

Nine Dragons - The entree wasn't bad, but the dessert was enough to put me off for a lifetime. The entree wasn't good enough to make me return.

Flying Fish - We waited 3 hours for our entrees. And they weren't even good.

It would take a miracle to get my family to eat another meal at Rose & Crown. The food was lousy and part of my son's kids meal tasted and smelled like freezer burn. YUCK!

1. Yak and Yeti - worst sweet and sour chicken I have ever had.

2. Planet Hollywood - bad experience, bad food in 1997 and we have not been back since.

Restaurant Marakessh. Our service was wonderful and the atmosphere was very pleasant but the food was downright awful. never again for us

Cap'n Jacks at Downtown Disney...Really bad service and really really bad food.:sick:

When we were in WDW 4,5 years ago, Cap'n Jacks (and Marrakesh) was the only restaurant that didnt made sick.
But then again I was pregnant at the time, and my hormones were playing tricks on me. I had morning sickness all day long. :lmao:

Funny how everyone has different tastes and opinions, some of my favorites make people's NEVER lists LOL.

Mine is Askerhaus....the princess interaction was great here, so for that it was good since youngest dd was 4 and loved them, but the food was mediocre at best. The family style plate was very salty and eggs were rubbery, the buffet was pretty sparse compared to CM or CP and it seemed like a lot of money for what we got. The kids left and were asking when lunch was. I'd never go back.

Mine has to be Sci Fi. 2 years ago I ordered a burger and when I went to bite into it this huge piece of plastic bag came out in my mouth. Well I could not figure out what it was at first because the lighting is very low. It seemed to be a part of a plastic bag (like lettuce would come in). It was 4 inches across and 4 inches wide, so was big enough for someone to see. I called the server and he brought me another meal after taking mine quickly away. I could not eat it as I kept inspecting it (I kept thinking, where the plastic was before getting thrown on my burger and my mind was on overload of gross things.) My family was done by the time my second meal came. (I would've told him not to worry about it, but he never asked.) And yes he did charge me for my meal (though my after thought was that he probably should've comp it). (I also wrote to WDW after I returned home and they called and was not very sorry about it and pretty much told me sometimes these mistakes happen....) I just can't past the Sci Fi now without thinking about, and my family members are the same way. I would love to forget about it, but the family always says....hey mom, remember when......

Tony's - Got sick on the food. The chef used way too much pepper to make the food taste half way decent.
WCC- The dinner skillet was so dry and had no taste

Can't say that i have a 'never again' meal, in my experience the worst meals I've had haven't been bad, it's just that I could get something very similar outside the parks and that makes it a bit boring.

The two restaurants that come to mind are the ABC Commissary and the Electric Umbrella. A lot of people seem to hate ABC here, I didn't hate it, in fact it was one of the better burgers on the trip but I could probably get the same outside. The Electric Umbrella was just a busy place and not my cup of tea.

A place my father would say 'never again' to is the WCC, although I don't get it because I loved the food and the atmosphere, he enjoyed the atmosphere, he just didn't like the food lol

I do have a few, Hollywood & Vine is at the top of my list. Eaten here twice once for breakfast, you would think you would learn, Oh No had to try dinner.

Another is Ohana's three times, once for breakfast, good. Twice for dinner, both times meat was stick in your throat dry. Never again.

Biergarten, this restaurant gets rave reviews so we thought we would try it. I guess it's not for us. Four of us and none of us enjoyed the food.

ABC Commissary the worst CS food in all of Disney, Oh wait there's one more Liberty Inn in Epcot.

As far a bad service that's only happened to us once, and yes we have returned to that restaurant, food is yummy.

I'm very forgiving when it comes to Disney, realize in the course of a day ton and tons of meals are served your bound to get a not so great meal, or maybe not so good service, I will usually try the restaurant a second time, then make my decision.

And yes he did charge me for my meal (though my after thought was that he probably should've comp it).

That is the least they should have done. They should have comped everyones meal after the manager personally addressed the situation.

I too would not have been able to eat after that!

My never again list is

Teppan Edo - Food was horrible, terrible. We failed to eat 1/2 of what they gave us. The service was just as bad. And to top it off I had food poisoning after eating here. By far more worst dining at the world.

Flying Fish - We went when it was newly opened. The service was terrible with a rude, sloooowww waiter. The food took forever to come out and was fair to poor as well. I had better fish at the local fish shack. This was the most over-priced meal I have ever had, in or out of the world.

Askerhaus - While the food is not our taste what was there has poorly done at best. This was years ago, well before the princesses. Maybe it was an off day but we will not risk it for food that is never something we crave.

This is hilarious. Becuase some of these are my favs and mine are probably your favorites.

** Note - DH doesn't agree on mine, but he does agree they weren't the best meals.

- Yak & Yeti - I think my expectations were too high. I heard its like PF Changs. I thought Changs was way better so I choose not to go back. I can get better stuff at home.

- Tony's town square - The food wasn't bad. But we were so rushed. It was crowded, our table wasn't great, we were in and out way too quick. It was between 30-45 minutes for our dinner service total. It wasn't relaxing and we didn't feel we had time to enjoy our meal.

I forgot to add the Electric Umbrella - that one we are sworn off of forever!!! The food is way too salty. We weren't a fan in 06, went back in 09 and we are like why did we come here again. I remember going there years and years ago and loved it though

Whispering Canyon - we didn't get any service, our skillet items never were refilled, only positives were Smores Cheesecake and Cornbread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter